Kid reviews for The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus Poster Image

Wildly creative, sub-par in terms of plotline

Creative movie with interesting imagery, left me with several questions seeing as the plot line was somewhat unclear. I felt physically nauseous during several scenes in which a 16 year old girl is heavily sexualized by MUCH older men. This girl also later is implied to have had sex with a man likely around 30. As far as violence goes, there's hangings, fist fights, and mention of selling organs, as well as a man striking the girl repeatedly. While I did find the movie interesting and some what enjoyable, the plot was confusing and i think they could have laid off of some of the sexualizing of Valentina. There are also a few curse words, the only one used that I didn't see in the official review is one use of "f-ck."

Muddled Gilliam fantasy fine for teens- if it interests them

Having loved his earlier "Brazil", when I found out that this particular film was directed by the same person, Terry Gilliam, I obviously had to watch it. And yes, the fantasyland sequences were visually stunning in a very Monty Python-esque sort of way (Gilliam himself did all their famous animated sequences, so that's almost a given), but the rest of the film is just so boring and disjointed, it's really hard to recommend. I mean, Gilliam-loving teens will probably have fun watching it (there is some profanity including "t-ts" and "s--t", a couple scenes involving hanging, and another one that implies sex between a 16-year old girl-who is also seen naked in a nonsexual way with her arms/hair covering her breasts in another part of the film-and a slightly older man, but that's really about it as far as edgy content goes), but everyone else should just go watch a classic Python episode instead. My MPAA rating: PG-13 for some language, disturbing images, and suggestive situations.

Standing ovation

the sets where immaculate, hair and makeup was superb and the acting was phenomenal. I watched this film with my sister and we both adored it. The plot line was fantastic! Overall, a fabulous story.

Philosophical

Ok let me begin with saying that kids would probably be able to watch this movie at any age, they won't understand anything but it's ok for them to watch. Ok now for the review itself, the movie was amazing, it truly was very psychedelic. You watch it once and I promise you the plot will be tangled and it will be confusing but you need to dig deep. There are so many deep philosophical meanings that cause a lot of emotions. If I discuss some of these meanings there would be spoilers but overall this was a very deep, fascinating, fantastical film and one of the best at that. MUST WATCH and parents, don't worry about the kids it's nothing they will understand, I first watched this at 7 years old and didn't understand a bit of it. Now again GO AHEAD AND WATCH IT

WORST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!

OH MY GOD! WORST MOVIE EVER!!! Things wrong with it: 1.No plot, it gets complicated to the point of ridiculousness 2.Rating incorrect, PG but, sex scenes, violence, swearing, drugs and alcohol and overall scariness 3.Killing off the main character, big no no... 4.Terrible acting I had many more points but forgot them. This movie is one to miss if possible! I don't know why I even bothered to watch the whole thing! I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just Fine

pretty weird movie but cool

awesome

love this fantasy with the late great heath ledger

crud

boring

Good for the family with 10 year olds and older.

LOVE IT!

Confusing, but good!

I actually like this movie. I was so excited to watch it because Johnny Depp and Heath Ledger are both in it. Although, Johnny Depp isn't in it for a long time.. This movie does get really confusing closer to the end but with the tragic loss of the main character (the death of Heath Ledger) of course it would be hard to figure out how to finish the movie! This being said, it is hard to follow, so I wouldn't suggest it to children and young teens just because it's confusing.