All parent member reviews for The Incredible Hulk

Parent Written byPlugged-In Reviewer May 28, 2012

The Incredible Hulk

The Incredible Hulk is awesome in comic book sense, but there is some sexual content. This movie smashed Iron Man away! There is a scene where Bruce and Betty are in a hotel room together while running away from Betty's US Army General father. Betty and bruce kiss passionatly and then lay down on each other and have sex. Bruce grabs Betty's exposed upper thigh and kiss. But Bruce quits before the Green Goliath (The Hulk) can come out! "We can't do this," says Bruce. "It's ok. I want to," complains Betty. "I can't get excited," says Bruce. "Not even a little excited." asks Betty. There is language and also the final battle between Hulk & Abomination fight for about 25 - 35 minutes before the conclusion is found. Hulk dosen't say "Hulk Smask" at all but does say "You strong , but Hulk is strongest of all!!!!!" at the end! Hulk smashes a 4 of 5 gamma irradiated scientists!
Adult Written bydarcywingo April 9, 2008

sexual scene RUINED a pretty good movie!!!

The sexual scene was absolutely terrible even though "nothing" happened. Why even put that in this movie is an even bigger question?
Adult Written byKrbbup June 1, 2010

Interesting story, but a little violent

My family just now saw this movie and we liked it, minus a really blasphamus quote that was said. We have not seen the first one yet, so I thought this one had a good hulk (actor wise). It had some violent parts and one inappropriate scene. The story was pretty good and fairly interesting. I would say it is as good as Spiderman. Too scary for younger kids under 15, but still an interesting Marvel movie. Thanks and may GOD bless<><
Parent of a 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, and 1 year old Written bydemondonkey250 January 4, 2009

This is a amazing movie.I think it's better the iron man.
Parent Written bymattbruns3 November 15, 2015

Violent like the first movie

This has intense violence but nothing more then a preteen can handle.
Parent of a 14 and 17 year old Written bynuenjins May 7, 2015

Hulk finally gets some justice but almost irrelevant.

As a standalone action flick this movie is worth a bored night with family and popcorn. The lack of real plotpoints and characters as a tie in to Avengers makes it sorely lackluster and pointless aside from it's immediate entertainment value. Replacing the Hulk later with a much more suitable actor makes this movie very disjointed and only makes you hope they actually do Hulk some solo justice in the future instead of just being the go to guy for winning all the Avengers battles. It's like they don't know how to handle a Hulk movie even though he's got more hero swag than most characters even hope for.
Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy May 10, 2013

Super good movie.

I'm a huge fan of The Hulk. The action is the best part. Need I say more?
Adult Written byJEDI micah November 9, 2012

I love Hulk! He is my favorite Avenger! And this movie is really good! Spectacular special effects and plenty of monster mayhem makes this movie enjoyable for comic book fans! The evil monster(NOT HULK!) is pretty ugly and could frighten little kids. And Hulk may not be a good role model, teaching kids to smash things in their way. That's why this movie is best for older kids. Overall, this movie is awesome!
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written bykcgunesq June 2, 2012

A decent family movie.

The violence that isn't CG is mostly ineffective and is presented in a relatively fantastical manner. Language is very mild. The one romantic moment if fully clothed and ends quickly. Overall, a decent family movie. For kicks, after watching this movie, try streaming one of the 1970's episodes for the children to compare.
Adult Written bygreen_goblin May 9, 2009
Intense and violent.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bydsloanak March 7, 2009

Well I thought the movie was pretty good myself!

I liked the movie I thought that the acting was pretty good..But Its always awesome when you see suck a strong creature be so Kind..Maybe its the women in me. lol My kids will not see this movie though until they are older.
Parent of an infant, infant, 3, and 5 year old Written byMississippiQueen January 7, 2009
Parent of a 5, 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byJamesRobertson January 4, 2009
Parent Written byjknoxwhite April 9, 2008

Lots of effects, short on story

Better than the Ang Lee version, but much more brutal.
Parent Written bymichaelrkytch April 9, 2008

shallow, violent setup for a sequel

I thought it was both dull and toward the end numbingly loud and violent. I was shocked to see a family in front of us with what looked like a 3 and a 6 year old. Way too intense and violent for kids of that age, IMHO.
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

These marvel movies continue to amaze me. I never think they will be any good, and just like Batman Begins, Spiderman, and Iron Man, I really loved this movie. It was very intense and loud, and the movie really captured the power of the Hulk, but it is still a fun movie to watch. There is definitly a LOT of violence, so don't take your younger kids to see this one. They will be very scared, there are a few very frightening parts. Kids will also be very disturbed when Bruce's dog gets tranquilized; a bad guy fires a dart into him. There is very little language, I was very surprised at that. I suppose that if they were going to make it so violent they needed to keep the language out to keep their PG-13 rating. Definitely 13 and up for this movie. Very fun, but very violent.
Adult Written byfatheroftwins April 9, 2008

5 Bags of Popcorn!

My wife and I took the twins, 4 years old, and the baby, 3 years old, and found myself buying popcorn just to keep them in their seats. This is not a movie for the young ones, if fact, I had to take my baby girl our a couple of times to make sure she didn't disturbed the audience. The problem with this movie is that the action scenes are too far apart from each other, making the story interesting for older kids or parents by themselves. My wife gives the movie a good review and tells me that if I had seen it without the two visits to the restroom and the three visits to buy more candy. Other than that, the actions scenes keep the kids without moving a finger, but I was really concerned with the violence of the last 10 minutes, it was too graphic for my taste and I was wondering if it was going to be too much for the twins. It made me realize that I could not take them to see "Iron Man", so instead we opted to see "Kun Fu Panda" for a second time (read my review in the adults section of that movie). So if you want to enjoy this green monster, don't take young kids to the movie, you will have to buy at least five bags of popcorn and how they don't throw up. I just can't wait for them to grow up and see all the summer movies! I give this movie five popcorn bags, the lowest score for a 4 year old. Don't take your kids, please, or you will have to spend a lot of "green" to survive the experience.
Adult Written bycmlerew April 9, 2008
Adult Written byamericangirl April 9, 2008
Adult Written bytimp April 9, 2008

The incredible hulk is a lot better than the first one

the incredible hulk is a great movie. the effects in this are outstanding. this is how the hulk was supposed to be. the fight between the hulk and the abomination is awesome. lots of destruction in this movie. all the actors and actresses do a great job in this film. i have no complaints about this movie. all the fight scenes were awesome. this is much better than ang lee's hulk.