Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for The Intouchables

Sweet French drama about unlikely friendship has some edge.

Adult Written byMarine Musaelian May 4, 2014

Really cool movie

This movie is awesome because driss is kinfd o asneaky man and I like sneaky oh this movie is just kind and it is good fir people to watch

Adult Written byChris F. April 6, 2018

Great movie- amazing message

I have worked in and out of juvinille treatment centers and will always advocate for the watching of this film. It is beauitfuly and artfully filme. While eluding to the devloping and edifying relationship between the two men it maintains an element of "real world" problems. A man off the street just trying to get by on the goverment winds up in a transforimitve relationship and work partnership with the man he care takes for. As he transitions to a new world veiw he is stillfaced with his family falling into a gang. There is some drug use and drinking and a pursing of a woman all in context of how the world actually works without marking it with sexuallity and glorified drug use. I have shown this movie to kids as young as 13 up to 19 and all of them love this movie and become encapsulated by it. It is subtitled but 15 minuets in you get too captivated to allow it to become a hinderence. Amazing messsage, tactfully filmed, based in reality .

Parent Written byRob w. January 13, 2017

good & true story movie

I think it is a good movie ,not sure it would be a good movie for kids butgreat younger I found that I would rate it a (7) or (8 out of 10. Differently not boring. Great. Movie differently. 4 stars out a five
Parent of a 13 year old Written bypotterypot November 1, 2013

A great feel-good film but not for anyone under 16

A great movie...for adults or, at least, no one under 16. While the relationship between the two men (employer and caregiver) is moving, funny, believable, there are some scenes that are not appropriate for anyone under 16. Such as the [spoiler alert] when the caregiver invites a couple of prostitutes over, and they (among other things) smoke marijuana. In addition, as the mother of an Asian girl, I hate to see stereotypes of Asian women (the prostitutes) as highly desirable, sexually exotic, etc., promoted among young people.

Parent of a 14 year old Written bything66 March 3, 2019

At school!

My daughter saw it at her school and yet it's rated R.

Adult Written byChava_alvaro February 15, 2019

A serene movie

A movie with a touching piano music and a script that not only gets you trained, but also transmits a shocking story about how life can be heartwarming.

Parent of a 14 year old Written byahmed aiman 99 August 18, 2018

The Very Definition Of A Feel-Good Movie!

The Intouchables' story could be familiar to anybody, even to those who haven't seen a lot of movies. Almost every phase, and every point in this movie is so conventional and unoriginal. However, this movie is very remarkable! That's because it surpasses all the feel-good movies of its kind. Needless to mention the high-class direction from Olivier Nakache and Eric Toledano that made this movie exceptional. Thanks to this superb direction, The Intouchables delivers broad laughs and tugs at the heartstrings without delving too deep, or present anything new. Sometimes the movie becomes so hilarious, and other times you couldn't help shedding some tears, often, of joy! The best thing about this movie that it kept its lighter tone throughout its runtime. The tonal shift when the movie moves from its second to its third act wasn't smooth, though. That being said, you will never find any movie of this kind that has half its magical moments. The friendship between Philippe and Driss is simply unparalleled. That's, of course, due to the insanely magnetic chemistry between Omar Sy and François Cluzet. I bet you can find such chemistry in any other movie of the same kind. The soundtrack is perfectly utilized to match the movie's bright tone. And the cinematography is beautiful, but what I think made the movie looks spectacular is its fancy production design. The third act is definitely a bit rushed but I feel like the ending more than makes up for it. This ending could be the sweetest and most charming ending ever. You couldn't decide if you should cry or laugh, but don't worry because you would do both. (8/10)