All parent member reviews for The Italian Job

Parent Written byedk012 April 9, 2008

Great movie, but there's one big problem.

This was a really fun movie and I've enjoyed watching it several times now. The thing I think parents need to be careful about is the way the movie portrays crime. In the beginning you've got thieves stealing most of whom all of the sudden become the victims of the "bad" thief. As the saying goes...there is no honor amoung thieves. On top of that the casting is very good, so it's easy to love the good "bad guys" in this movie. There are a lot of movies that do this, just make sure you have a conversation with your children about what really happens to criminals the majority of the time. Oh, one other thing is that there is a part toward the end where one of the characters makes a reference to being filled with the Holy Spirit. Funny part, but makes light of sacred things.
Adult Written bybrownie April 9, 2008

Questionable Message

This was a very exciting movie no doubt... packed with action, cool cars, and great computers. However, it contained plenty of questionable elements. It placed a very high vaulue on money, money, money. It excused stealing and lying. Also language and violence marred the film. Would not reccomend it to an adult or child.
Adult Written bykyleporter January 8, 2009

Very engaging

Engages the audience to the characters as well as the plot. Very fun, exciting, enjoyable 2 hours. Seen it 5+ times and loved it the same each time
Adult Written bylisalisa April 9, 2008

not complete torture

A great movie to see with young teenagers or fairly together 9-10 year olds. Lots of chase scenes, vaguely ironic humor that kids love to pretend they understand and good bloodless explosions if you like that sort of thing which I do. One 9 year old wanted to know why everyone was "feeling on" Charlize Theron to which the other 9 year old answered with feigned sophistication that it's because "everyone thinks she's cute". So the sexual content is benign at worst, puzzling at best; there is one scene in which Edward Norton shoots repeatedly into the water hoping to kill his former cohorts and another in which he shoots the gold dealer at close range. Gross and disturbing but no worse than most tv shows. The consensus was "awesome" mostly because of the chase scenes and cool ingenious ways they managed to steal the loot. Harmless.
Adult Written byMovie Man December 6, 2009

Exciting, Full-Throttle Heist Flick is Very Fun!

This is a very fun and entertaining film. The acting is superb and the writing is top-notch. The action sequences are also exceptional and fun to watch. There are clever one-liners and heist plans. PARENTS: Not too much to watch out for, there are only a few shootings and punches; there are multiple intense car chases and heists, but that's it. There is also strong language and some sexuality. I highly recommend this film. Thanks for reading - Movie Man
Adult Written by4Spice October 24, 2009

very good 11 and up

very good its almost like oceans eleven lots of action and the movie is funny too 11 and up some people consider this movie a classic
Adult Written byed1993 December 30, 2010

Terrible "remake" of a classic

Yeah, it's suitable for the over 9's, but the plot is thin, the humour thinner. Buy the original!
Adult Written byadrian April 9, 2008

Finally an action movie without the sex and non-stop swearing

We enjoyed this movie. As Christians, we have a hard time finding movies that we approve of for ourselves let alone would let our kids watch. Other than a bit of swearing, which could have been left out, the movie focused on just being a fun, action-packed, intelligent film. It was full of cool chase scenes and was a lot of fun. It was fast-paced and never boring. The story line was original and well-written. We let our 9 year old watch this movie and there were no spots where we didn't think he should cover his eyes or ears. A bit of swearing like I said but it was still a refreshing experience to go to a movie and not have a list of offences afterwards.