Kid reviews for The Judge

Mature legal drama is superbly acted but a bit predictable.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTheDoctorDonna October 11, 2014

Very Good Plot and Acting--plus what you need to know

Because of the lack of reviews at the moment, I will put in as much as possible.

I won't focus on the plot very much at all, but to say the least I thought it was an amazing story line. The scene on the boat was a little obvious to figure out, though.

Overall I'd have to say that the main thing to be worried about is the cursing. The so-called "f-bomb" was dropped very frequently in the arguments(keep in mind that the arguments happen frequently too). Yes, there is kissing, and yes, there is SOME groping. Sexual innuendos are present but not obvious if you are not into that sort of humour. RDJ's character does end up kissing/groping his potential relative.

If you (or your children (or you want to "protect" your children from profanities) ) do not see this movie. People who are sensitive to cursing will not enjoy this movie especially if they find it offending. (Keep in mind that it IS R-rated)

*SPOILER*
There is partial nudity when the Judge has a fecal accident on the floor. RDJ's character ends up undressing him and rinsing him off. To me, the scene was gross but not horrible in anyway.
SO, if you (or your kids) don't want to see a scene such as this then DO NOT SEE IT.

There are a few visits to the bar and almost every visit consists of making-out. Groping does occur.

Again, if you want to "protect" your offspring from these profanities (keep in mind that they may already know about them and that they will figure all of them out eventually) do not see The Judge unless you have discussed clearly what all of these things mean and what they are and are not to do.

*NOTE I am not sensitive to any of these things

Teen, 16 years old Written byBreaden Hoffmaster April 14, 2017

“If you ask Grandpa Palmer to read you a story...he might throw the book at you.”- Hank Palmer/RDJ

Overall, ‘The Judge’ was a very well acted, and engaging movie. It paired up 2 of America’s greatest actors, and they did a heck of a job portraying a father and son. This movie is quite intense, and it definitely deserves it’s R-rating. The F-word is said AT LEAST 30 times, as well as multiple uses of “GD” and “s**t.” Other than the frequent language, there’s some sexual stuff such as “play with myself”, “hide the pickle,” and a character is called “both-ways Bobby.” Nothing is really shown other than some PG-13 style kissing, but the references and language are very obvious. There’s lots of yelling between parents and their kids, but no physical-violence to speak of. It’s a great film, and if you can get past the language, go ahead and watch it! RDJ is brillant as usual

Teen, 13 years old Written bySparrowleaf December 14, 2015

Stunning

Never again will this performance be repeated. A film that everyone should watch. Covers very sensitive topics. Mesmerising.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 21, 2015
Teen, 13 years old Written byworldwarmarvel February 13, 2015

Loved

This movie changed my life. I've always wanted to be a lawyer, and this just reinforced that dream. It's important to know that there IS some sexual content, and there IS some language, but the story is something that everyone should see. Hank, who is beautifully portrayed by Downey, is rebellious. He is stubborn, but that means that he doesn't let go about what he cares about. Overall, there is a strong theme of not turning your back on family and fighting for what you want. Personally, I think that the rating was mostly because of the intensity of certain scenes. Here is my advice for parents: know your kids. If your kid is mature and enjoys a strong plot, this is a movie that shouldn't be passed over.

Teen, 14 years old Written byThe age organizer February 7, 2015