Kid reviews for The Karate Kid

'80s classic is still fun for families with older tweens.

Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2011

Language is NASTY!

The s-word is used!

Kid, 10 years old February 13, 2011

Very funny but watch the language

I like the kid's karate teacher Mr. Miyagi like when he drinks and becomes all crazy! I heard that he died 6 years ago which is November 24th, 2005. He was really funny when he sang happy birthday which was not in the new karate kid in 2010.

Kid, 8 years old July 28, 2016

My best film ever! At this current time of 2016.

This film has heart-warming moments as the main character, Daniel, bonds with an unlikely friend and mentor, mr Miyagi. Mr Miyagi works as a janitor, but he can pull a punch. Having found out that mr Miyagi is a karate master, Daniel requests training after numerous beatings by Johnny, the school bully who has a black belt in karate. Meanwhile he develops a relationship with Johnny's ex-girlfreind, Ali. All in all I think this is a suitable film for most ages and in my view the best movie iv'e ever seen.
Kid, 12 years old December 28, 2015

Good martialarts movie

I would let any 10 year old and up watch tis movie . it is a very good movie , there is a little bit of language but it is so little its hard to spot . quite a long movie but it is worth it . Younger children than 10 might get quite hyper after watching this film and it can be a violent movie for that age ( under 10 ) . Rated 15
Teen, 13 years old Written byGirlyKarateKid.... December 28, 2010

ON for 11+

I love this movie...There was a little language, but not too exessive. Violence is used outside of the Karate Tournament. There is a little bit of drinking by Mr. Miyagi, but a small amount. I loved this movie, and I say NO for 8/under. IFFY for 9-10, and YES for 11+.

Kid, 12 years old May 14, 2017

Great movie, but too violent for younger kids

I think this is a great movie. But it is still best for older kids. The violence is generally mild, but there are bruises on faces, a small amount of suggestive themes, as well as some use of mild language and less inappropriate insults such as "bulls--t," the GD word, the D word, "frigging," and "bast--d." But one thing parents and kids can talk about is not everything is the way it seems. Anyway, this is a great movie that I would highly recommend for martial arts fans.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie man 15 March 7, 2014

great

oh my gosh its the best 12 and up come on and swearing only goes up to s--- its really about standing up to bullies good message great movie

Teen, 13 years old Written byKyle1414 June 19, 2013

Great classical movie

Great movie. Kinda violent involving bullying.

Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 5, 2012

Great for tweens

This is a great movie about friendship and courage. Very violent, and a some drug content. Still, this film is amazing

Kid, 10 years old January 3, 2011

Wax on Wax off

I so want to do all that but on who?Wha cha pow

Kid, 10 years old November 3, 2011

A must see!!!

This is a very good movie. I got it from netflix and I really liked it! First the story is very cool and sounds like it could happen in real life. There are some fighting scenes which may be a little to much for some younger kids. Another thing is that there is some cursing but not to much cursing but other that this movie is kid friendly, cool and overall a fantastic movie!

Teen, 15 years old Written byJahvonify96Sincerely September 14, 2011

PG-13 rating for ''The Karate Kid''

My rating for this movie is rated PG-13 for,martial arts action violence,some drinking,drug use and language

Teen, 13 years old Written byhereismyreview December 30, 2017
A classic movie that is appropriate for kids! This website tends to stretch its reviews so basically most kids can hardly watch anything. I that the goal?? anyway, I think this movie is awesome and any kid can see it, maybe not really little kids, but otherwise everybody.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybirvi19 June 28, 2017
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy July 28, 2014

To violent for real young kids, but fine for older ones

Its a good movie, the violence didn't bother my 9 year old brother so its fine for 9 and up if you are okay with your kid seeing karate fights with blood and Daniel getting beat up heavily once. Its a good family film. Has some swearing though.

Teen, 13 years old Written bywhaleoh4060 March 22, 2011

Classic movie, Watch it

There is frequent violence and some language but this is a great movie to watch with family. There are black eyes and some blood and a broken leg. This movie is all about standing up for yourself and there is a scene where even though Daniel is injured, he still gets back up to win the sparring the competition.

Kid, 12 years old April 8, 2010

A great action martial arts film. Hiyaaaaaa!!!!!!!!

I like this movie. This movie is full of action!!!!!!!!! It does a drug use moment. It has violence. I like this movie. I highly recommeded it.

Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe October 17, 2013

Really good dramedy

This is really amusing film full of laughs AND serious stuff. My favorite part was when Daniel pulled a prank on a bully by place a hose on the ceiling, aiming it for Johnny's head, turns on the bathroom sink it's hooked up to and runs away. Then, later, Johnny chases Daniel back home, but Miyagi saves his life. I laughed my head off when I saw that part.

Teen, 16 years old Written byUnknownpearson June 9, 2013

Ok

Teen, 15 years old Written byblonde_reb June 23, 2011

Great film

One of my favourites! My mom and I were scrolling throught Netflix and she wanted to watch this (I had a cliche, boring romcom in mind) and I reluctantly agreed, and all my thoughts changed! This is an awesome movie! So great and very entertaining! The only problem for me would be language which was kind of heavy for a movie starring teenagers.