Parent reviews for The Kid

Very funny and genuinely insightful family movie.

Wondering if The Kid is OK for your kids?

Parent of a 9-year-old Written bycagey11 March 20, 2017

Great cast, Breslin especially.

I've been a Bruce Willis fan since the '80s, but he doesn't make this movie magical on his own: Spencer Breslin is fantastic as little Rusty, Emily Mortimer is effective as Amy, the optimistic foil to Willis' cynical Russ (and it looks like she and Breslin have a genuine affection for one another), and Lily Tomlin delivers the best sarcastic replies as Russ' assistant. There is also a charming brief but pivotal second scene with Jean Smart.

One thing to note: due to Russ' shame over his childhood self, he levels criticism at little Rusty (words like loser and chubby) that would otherwise be cruel were we not supposed to know that he's talking to himself. Every time I watch this movie (and I watch it often - it's on cable constantly!), I wonder how much had to be done to prepare Breslin for the name-calling scenes.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez May 12, 2010
this is a good family movie to watch but disney's the kid has a little bit of violence like in one scene two kids start fighting and Bruce Willis takes strong medication as a drug to calm his anger down.

Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008
Adult Written byRachel D April 9, 2008

Very cute family film

A very funny, enjoyable comedy with a touch of drama to make you think. Clean and cute, may be a little slow for the small kids.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008