Kid reviews for The Lake House

Corny romance will bore kids.

Teen, 16 years old Written byOwlCityFan October 25, 2011

Fantastic Movie!!! younger kids may not get the complex story

This is a fantastic love story! The time element to it adds depth to the story and makes it worthwhile and interesting. I think Alex is a good role model because he is gentle and kind and does many 'random acts of kindness' for Kate. She also helps him when he's grieving. Only a few cuss words, and no sexual content. Some drinking at social get-togethers but no one is ever depicted as being drunk.
I LOVE this movie. The reason I chose age 13+ is because anyone younger wouldn't understand the kind of complex story.
Don't hesitate to watch this one!!!!

Teen, 16 years old Written byArabianHorses August 27, 2011

Love Sandra...hate the movie

I hated this, I am Sandra Bullocks biggest fan and think she is awesome but Keanu Reeves makes me wanna throw-up. I just think he is a terrible actor and is very unattractive which ruined the movie for me. Plus some parts were super corny "I'll find a way to be close to you, to take care of you" really?! It was just badddd.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybrittbrittthatsme May 8, 2010
This movie is something every one should see! it shows how if you keep pushing yourself to gets something you will and that you can get there! The movie is a great romantic movie with family and a bit of comedy. I would totally recommend it.

Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2008

i don't understand why they called this movie corny!

this is a very sweet, one-of-a-kind movie. there is no sex, violence, or strong language, and the main characters are good people. but most kids (and some adults) may find it long and dull. interesting and visual; not for the whole family.
Teen, 13 years old Written by[email protected] April 9, 2008

Definetly aimed towards sensitives!]

Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul April 9, 2008

A Little Slow at a Few Parts, But Overall Very Good

"The Lake House" introduces a new idea into the realm of romance movies, and personally, I liked it. Obviously, as most all romances go, the plot is rather predictable, but it is nice to see originality in a genre that had yet to have any for a long time. If you aren't the kind of person that analyzes a movie and notices things that can't happen (like Alex planting a tree for Kate and it being fully matured in only two years), then I reccommend this movie to anyone looking for some fresh ideas in a tired genre. As for content, I didn't think the language was bad, but I believe some parents will be horrified that they say "sh*t" in a PG movie-- so just a warning. But that's basically it for content.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviegirl April 9, 2008

I looooooooved this movie!

It was really good and there wasn't aanything bad in it. I don't know why someone put yellow for sexual content, cause there wasn't any.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypoptartslover462 April 9, 2008

Experiencing Life

It was a great film of different time periods. A great film of relationships.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypurplecatroo April 9, 2008

I say.....

Cutsie so-so romance. A clean flick for gals 10 and up and waant to watch a "mature grown up movie". Its to bad though that the idea for the movie was better than the movie itself.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCurbspaget April 9, 2008

Heartwarming

This movie was great, even though they actually said "s--t" TWICE. I was suprised by the PG rating because of this, but it evened out with nothing else that's questionable.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirecterdude123 April 9, 2008

odd

The movie was different than all those other romance movies it was very hard to understand what and when everything was happining.

Great!

One of the best movies I've ever seen! I loved unraveling the plot, and the story was magnificent. give this movie a chance.
Teen, 15 years old Written bystarcatcher April 9, 2008

we're smarter than you think...

Reading some of the adult reviews, I was really surprised to see that they think it should be for an older age group because "kids won't get it". I don't think a lot of people would be tooo confused - kids sometimes understand this stuff better than adults. I sometimes like to watch stuff that makes me think!
Teen, 16 years old Written byvicepresident April 9, 2008

I cried and I thought

I loved this movie, from beginning to end. It's beautiful and poetic, I wish romance was more fairytalish like this movie. Its unbelievable how their love is, its unique and deep and everyone doesnt get chances like this (ever) and love is rare to find and finding love that way is even rarer than finding love its self. I hope that my love will be more like the one in this movie, it has become apart of my late night loveless classic movies. One of my all time favorites, this movie makes me cry because i haven't found love like this and that there could be a possible love like it somewhere for everyone.