All parent member reviews for The Last Airbender

Adult Written bymimijunebug April 21, 2013

I hated it.

Very dissapointing. Worst movie ever. It was very aggressive. Too old for anyone younger than 11.
Adult Written byMaffers March 14, 2012

Be careful with this film.

This film is potentially dangerous for children with serious asthmatic symptoms, as I nearly died laughing at the awful acting and script. Special effects did nothing to cover up the nonsensical plot. If you want your child to succeed in school, do not let him/her see this film. It has the potential to lower intelligence. Suicide contemplation is also a common side effect after struggling through 90 minutes of this horror. Other rare but serious side effects include: Irregular bowel movements, loss of appetite, depression, migraines, and the inability to smile. P.S. These rare but serious side effects are not rare at all. All of these will happen to you, your children, and your childrens' children if you allow them to watch this. Please, I beg of you, avoid at all costs. In fact, now that I think of it, this movie may be created by enemies of the human race as a new form of multi-media warfare to weaken us before the real invasion begins.
Parent of a 6 and 7 year old Written bymamagomes July 13, 2010

if you ae fans of the cartoon...

if your kids are fans of the Airbender on nicktoons.Theyre gonna want to see this.Our 2 liked it alot even thou it was very hard to fit all the books in the one movie.They kept saying They left this part out or Thats not how that happened.The asian influences were nicely done too. Dialog i have to agree was kinda dead at times in the movie but otherwise a great film held my 2 attentions 98% of movie
Adult Written bydarcywingo July 4, 2010

It was so refreshing to see a movie that kept me on the edge of my seat, but it did not contain some of the foul language, sex, nudity, innuendos, etc., that recent action movies seem to thrive in putting in. It is superb!!!!
Parent Written byShugocharafan88 January 7, 2013

I just cracked open a bottle of Ramune and it said on the conainer: "For even more delicious this drink chill before drinking." sorry i couldnt show a pic.

If life gives you lemons throw them at the jonas brothers and say "YOU FAIL AT LIFE!!!!!"
Parent Written byResponsablePArentOf6 September 17, 2012

BORING

My youngest son fell asleep while watching this and I can't wake him up!!!!!!!!! p.s. hahahaha evil children all your oh man threads got closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent Written byZhash August 29, 2012

This did not do the series any justice! It should not have been made!

The Last Airbender is Rated PG for fantasy action violence.
Parent Written byTheDarkRoamer May 30, 2012

da berst review evahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

it wuz a horibled mover aang was not a super monkey man with a hoola hoop for a HeadSAH -piece mah homeries
Parent of a 6 year old Written byrockstarmamapdx April 13, 2012

Don't bother. Watch the tv series again!

It would have been a daunting task for anyone to condense the first season of the beloved A:tLA into a two-hour live action movie. At twenty-four episodes per season, the makers of the show had ample time to develop character nuances, let plot developments occur organically, and allow you to become emotionally invested in the people and their challenges. As it is, this is a total stinker - plodding, poorly acted, 'way too much reliance on exposition to pack plot into a short time. Honestly, any kid who loved the tv show, like mine, will spend the duration of the movie picking at its discrepancies and inconsistencies, and complaining at all its unfaithfulness to the tv show.
Parent of a 1 and 9 year old Written bySteffauri516 March 23, 2012

Compared to the series, an epic disappointment

If you're a fan of the awesome Nick series, Avatar: The Last Airbender, DON'T see this movie. I went in excited with high expectations for this live action rendition of the series, and like most other ATLA fans I know, I left the theater disappointed. Much of the actual story was cut out, pieced together with events that didn't make sense, and new sequences were added that had nothing to do with the storyline. The actors, their attire, and even their locations looked nothing like they were portrayed in the series The special effects were honestly the best part of the movie; it seems like 90% of the budget was spent on the effects, and 10% on actors and writing. If you must see it, I'd recommend it for kids 10 and up; there's a little violence, but nothing too frightening.
Adult Written byShortswald March 2, 2012

Worst Shymalan film

The film is terrible in all aspects. Based on the popular children's tv movie, The Last Airbender is appropriate for kids of all ages but it is dull and boring. The acting is wooden, the dialogue is laughable, and if you are not a fan of the series you won't understand what's going on here. The film is fast-paced but you get alienated by the story line. The film has some action sequences, but nothing graphic because the characters don't touch each other. The rest has no issue with this movie, the film is great for kids, but for teens and adults will find this movie a waste of time.
Parent Written byannabirdie October 7, 2011

Worth a watch for fans of the show

My kids loved the tv show and were really excited to see the movie. After reading the reviews I braced myself for boredom and was very pleasantly surprised. For fans of the show who really know the characters and storyline this movie was a lot of fun. The actors portrayed the characters much the way they appeared In the show ( there were cartoons after all - we should not be expecting academy award performances!). I recommend it, my kids really enjoyed seeing their favorite scenes acted out by real actors!
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byMattmchugh February 5, 2011

Not a good movie -- especially given the excellent source material

As a huge fan of the excellent TV show this is based on, this muddled movie version really angered me. It's mind-boggling how writer-director Shyamalan, who once showed such promise, managed to butcher almost every element of character, story and mythology that made the show great. I'm still furious about it. However, taken unto itself, the movie is -- to be honest -- just mediocre. The dialog is dumb, the acting is wooden, and insight is non-existent. Still, it looks decent and has one or two action scenes that move along passably. Kids under 10 might find some entertainment in it. Other than a little stylized martial arts combat, there's very little in the movie that might upset anyone. EXCEPT for the fact it's a dull, clunky hack-job on a great, great show. Do yourself a favor: skip this movie and watch the first few episodes of the TV series. If that doesn't hook you, then the story won't do it for you. This movie, frankly, won't do it for anybody!
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTW2 January 28, 2011

Refreshingly good kid-tween adventure!

It is not the best cast, acted or directed film but what kid will notice that? Mine didnt and he is 12. I think the message is well worth it and it is so refreshing to not have another movie glorifying disrespectful, promiscuous or commercial behaviour. My son loved it for the epic adventure...though the series was better. Cant wait for the next one! Go Avatar!
Adult Written bytrubo December 4, 2010

Worth watching and looking into the second movie which if the director learns character development and a longer movie will be d

Good movie lacked story development, but it followed the series perfectly which gave it its flavor and success that is needed for say a popular series to be a good movie.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bybreawycker November 25, 2010

The cartoon is much better
Parent of a 2 year old Written byMom2Peanut November 8, 2010

Just awful all around

Really disappointing! I was excited because I liked the series, but this movie seemed like it was missing huge chunks. The acting was awful and went from low action to high emotion in seconds for seemingly no reason?
Parent of a 4 and 9 year old Written byBoyz Rock August 28, 2010

Great family movie.

My 9-year-old son absolutely loved this movie. He can't wait for the next one.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byroyalblue246 August 8, 2010

DON'T SEE THIS MOVIE

WORST MOVIE EVER!!!!! Please don't ever spend anything to see this movie! My kids are in LOVE with the cartoon and they practly cried when the movie was over because it was terible! The derictor changed the names of the main characters and took out all of the funny parts even me and my husband laughed at! Also I will point out almost none of the characters looked how they did in the cartoon. Please don't waste time on this fail of a film.
Adult Written byilikemusik23 July 27, 2010

WORST MOVIE OF 2010

How on earth did this ever get green lit we shall never know. It is seriously one of the worst movies i have ever seen! The acting in this movie (even from Dev Patel) is just down right terrible! The only reason the kid got to play Ang in the first place was because he sent in a video of him doing martial arts! HE DIDN'T EVEN AUDITION! And the person who played Katara shouldn't even be allowed to act she's so bad. The writing for the film is some of the worst i've heard my whole life. And some of the scenes in the movie are edited so poorly it made no sense! Even the cgi looked bad in it, not to mention this is the worst 3D i have ever seen in a movie! The only thing that was in 3D was the opening credits! Must i say more? DO NOT GO SEE THIS MOVIE FOR ANY REASON WHAT SO EVER!