Parent reviews for The Last Duel

The Last Duel Poster Image

Great film that probes larger philosophical questions

This film is a long slow burn. It is a strong film with strong character arcs and great performances from Damon, Driver and Comer. The center piece of the film of course is misogyny and patriarchy, which is no short supply. The differences at times are subtle but important and the self-importance in this film abounds. Scott certainly knows how to put a film together and ultimately the film is satisfying in its portrayal of our world and all of the metaphors it offers. It is a shame that there are not more films probing these larger philosophical questions.

Nevertheless still interesting

Think you have to update your mind concentration on the movie for it lessons at the end of the day.

It Had A Lot Of Potential But...

The previews looked good, well know actors, interesting story and because of them I knew there would be some violence. The further into the movie the more violence. I realize the 1300's were very violent...I think a lot of it would have gotten across in the story without so much actually added in. I do enjoy historic movies a lot, and this has a great story. But with all the violence I won't watch it again.

Extraordinary period piece. Damon, Comer, Driver & Affleck are all brilliant in their performances.

Extraordinarily well made. Real period piece with some sharp cultural and historic insights (France, ruling class, court processes & ajudication, etc.). Masterpiece w/r to Scott's artistic risks and use of state-of-art filming fact action motion-picture photography. Damon, Comer, Driver & Affleck are all brilliant in their performances. Highly recommend for history buffs. The final duel sequence between Damon and Driver is heart pounding and tense. Very realistic.

Rape

This movie is more about rape with 2 very graphic scenes plus lots of other debauchery. Interesting story telling the view point of the 3 lead characters but not something for kids. Guessing it’s an accurate accounting of life in the 1300s, especially how women were property.