Kid reviews for The Last House on the Left (1972)

Amateurish bloodbath that became a cult-horror hit.

Teen, 14 years old Written byjuderman13 July 26, 2009

Message

how can you say this movie has bad messages just because it's a revenge movie?? So your saying that if someone did that to your kids you wouldn't go that far to get them back??? I would go worse.

Teen, 17 years old Written byHorror Movie Re... October 4, 2018

Poorly Made Revenge Film, Not For Kids

Trust me this movie is very inappropriate for children. I can only recommend it for extremely mature 17 year olds and up. Wes Craven was an extremely talented filmmaker making great horror films like; A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), Scream (1996) and The Hills Have Eyes (1977). However, his debut feature film has none of the wit and originality that his later films would have. The film is about a group of escaped criminals who kidnap, rape and eventually murder two women. The family of one of the women then plot their revenge against the killers. While the revenge plot has been done to death, it still can work in films such as; Mad Max (1979), John Wick (2014), and Kill Bill (2003) this plot is used well. Not in The Last House on the Left, the characters are paper-thin. The Last House on the Left also has some of the worst choice of soundtrack I think I have ever come across. Soft rock and pop songs make up the majority of the soundtrack. This makes no sense and I felt a little confused as I was watching people be brutally tortured to hippie music. Overall I cannot recommend The Last House on the Left as it is unsuitable for families and is unfortunately not very good. If you are interested in a similar style of movie try The Texas Chainsaw Massacre or The Hills Have Eyes.

Teen, 17 years old Written byMovie Nerd 45 September 8, 2018

Violent and unevenly structured, keep kids away

Wes Craven makes some of the best horror movies, however, his first feature film Last House on the Left is disappointing. The main issue I had with the movie was that Wes Craven did not really pick a one for the movie. So it ends up a jumbled mess, the soundtrack is also poorly chosen, contrasting the brutality we are seeing so much it made me feel like I was watching a live action cartoon. In saying that though do not show this film to anyone who is under 17 or easily disturbed by violence. This violence include numerous rape scenes, which though mostly offscreen are still disturbing. Murder scenes are as you probably expected bloody, though not as over the top as you might expect, with some scenes cutting just short of the actual violence, though it is still disturbing as a large amount of the violence is sexual in nature. Overall, I cannot recommend this movie. It is poorly made with the films only redeeming quality being its cinematography.

Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy May 23, 2015

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

This movie is not for kids, read about it if you don't believe me. The average review on here says iffy for 14 and under??? And appropriate for 11 and up??? You have got to be kidding me. 17+ is wayyy borderline, infact 17 year olds shouldn't watch this either. Its full of sexual content, tons of rape, tons of grisley violence, language, rape, blood and gore, rape, RAPE. It is not meant for kids, do not trust any reviews on here but this one.

Teen, 17 years old Written byPrincessCharmed797 January 5, 2013

The Last House on the Left

this is a good movie and not a good as the original.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 December 1, 2011

BETTER THAN THE 2009 VERSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS ISNT EVEN BAD AT ALL COMPARED TO I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE(1978 AND 2010 VERSION)!!!!!!!!!AWESOME STORYLINE!!WES CRAVEN IS A GENIUS!THIS IS A CLASSIC THAT DESERVES TO BELONG IN EVERY MOVIE BUFF'S COLLECTION FOR GENERATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old November 22, 2010

the remake is better

despite the super low budget, i guess it was OK.