Parent reviews for The Last Song

The Last Song Poster Image

Sad but good

It’s a really good love story but its very sad

Okay skipping the fact that Miley's clothing in some scenes is a little bit skimpy, I would say that this is probably the best modern romance I have ever scene. Its also a movie about family and forgiveness. I really love how this movie is not all about "sex" and how Ronnie changes from this really hardened brat to this gorgeous passionate soul. It will make you smile big and make you cry too! But watch it because love melts ice.

It's never too late !!

Ronnie's character meets a boy and falls in love helping her character change how she feels about people and the world. A very positive message to a young girl.

Pathetic acting and plot, fine for kids

I'm not sure why this movie was made. Cyrus is not a talented actress by any stretch and her character spends most of the movie treating her family like trash. And the cause for her transformation from a bratty child to a loving daughter? A boy, of course. This plot is so cliche and the acting is so terrible, except from the actor who plays Cyrus' father. Avoid if possible. If you must watch, then you've been forewarned.

too emotional for kids

This film is not geared towards children, but I think a lot of Miley fans went to see it because she was in it. A guy also dies in this film and he is seen dead from behind. It is very emotional.

How Mature?

its ok for some kids depending how mature they are

Depending on maturity

At the starting of the movie Ronnie[ veronica] is a very bad role model, rebelling against her family and hanging around with rebellious kids. It is violent, not very violent but there is one fight that is violent. Ronnie's father gets cancer and at the end and during it is very emotional and for some kids hard to understand. It's a tearjerker at the end so if your a cryer at movies then prepare yourselves! I rated it 12+ because most kids under that age might not understand the concept of the movie, but if you know you or your kids are mature enough then go for it!

I love it yay

good for 8+

it is the best nichols sparks movie yet

i love it!