Kid reviews for The Last Summer

The Last Summer Poster Image

Eh

It was an okay movie, but the plot was weak and I’m not too sure how some of the characters fit into the store line. It wasn’t that bad content-wise, and I watched it with my 13-year-old sister and she wasn’t that impressed. I don’t get why some parents are rating it so high maturity wise, if you’re a teen you should be fine.

i was disgusted by this film

there were so many gross characters, sexist men, way too munch focus on sex in general, every single romantic relationship between characters was toxic, plus it wasn’t even an entertaining movie. please never watch it.

Good for a mature audience. Not for teens struggling with boundaries, or teens who don't know what a healthy relationship looks like

Overall I loved this movie and I found myself re-watching it. The only part I really didn't appreciate was a subplot of two teenage boys going to a bar and hitting on women much older than them. I honestly don't know where the movie goes with this as I skip this part but what I got from the context is that the teenagers had sex with the older women, I honestly have no interest in watching something so ridiculously stupid, and immature. I highly advise you skip these parts just to enjoy the movie. This is the one thing I really hate about this movie, because I really did enjoy the other subplots.

THE BEST MOVIE EVER

Its really good

Don't waste your time

I thought I would really like this movie, but I didn't. Don't waste your time watching it. It can be very confusing at times, and I honestly don't even understand what happened. There is too much going on to even follow.

entertaining

I found the movie pretty entertaining. It had a lot of different plots and was kind of the "feel-good" movie of the summer. I would have preferred if it was a short TV show or something like that because there were a lot of different plots put together, but I still liked the movie in general.

I Watched It, So You Don't Have To

To say that this movie is slow is an understatement. The plot was so slow burning, I began to question why I review movies (lol). I saw this movie while scrolling through Tyler Posey's filmography, and I thought, "It's a teen movie, so maybe I'll like it?" I was wrong. I did not relate to any of the characters, and a lot of them are terrible role models. One character has a "hookup list" of girls, and is obsessed with boobs. Two "nerdier" characters lie about their age, drink underage, and have sex with older women, but when you begin to focus on the main two relationships of the movie, my angst began to relieve slightly. Right as I thought, "Oh ok, maybe we will end with a relationship where the actors have a little bit of chemistry," they end the relationship. Overall, saying that it had a satisfying ending is the only positive thing I can say about this movie. Tyler Posey and KJ Apa give a solid performance, but it is surrounded with amateur acting by the ensemble. My final words; Don't waste your time! There are better rom-coms out there like Palm Springs!

What was that?!

Plot? What plot? It was sooooo long and boring and nothing really happened I’m disappointed.

could have been better

i watched this movie cause some of the actors were from other shows i watched. it was very dissapointing. the whole concept of the movie seems to be about sex and there are two young boys who pretend to be older for older women. there is a lot of drinking from everyone and parties happen a lot. i was really looking forward to this movie but was really let down. there is some language in the film and there is way more than i thought there was going to be.

I think that there was some teen concepts, but 12 year olds are 7th graders in middle school too, so I think 12 is a good age.