Kid reviews for The Lion King 1 1/2

Clever and mostly charming--most kids will enjoy.

Kid, 11 years old June 4, 2014

Although this is the worst Lion King movie out of the three...

It is not bad. All of them are good. Anyways, sensitive children will be upset when Timon leaves his family and Pumbaa has no family. But Timon leaving his family will seem funny to tweens. (GOODBYE MOM!!!!!!!) And hours later, (BOO HOO!!!!!! I WANT MOMMY!!!!!) Also, it is best for kids whose favorite characters being Timon and Pumbaa to watch this. It is also the funniest out of the three. (More potty talk)
Teen, 17 years old Written byDreamCatcher68 April 9, 2008

A Disappointment.

I was disappointed with Lion King 1 1/2, I liked Lion King II much better. The potty humour is just boring and immature, and takes away from the film. This movie lacks the life lessons that the other 2 movies taught. Generally, however, it's harmless entertainment for the kiddies.
Teen, 13 years old Written byteaa May 15, 2012

love it ,like it

it is the story of life to love love it ,like it, live it!

Educational Value
Teen, 14 years old Written byaniman32 December 30, 2011

ii

im not saying its a rubbish movie but it is by far the worst in the series it was ment to b a funny film but the only line wich made me laph was the "shall we run for r lives 1
Teen, 16 years old Written byJ.C. Aldridge June 20, 2018

Rated U (very mild threat).

SEX/NUDITY - None. VIOLENCE/GORE - Occasional very mild slapstick. PROFANITY - None. DRINKING/DRUGS/SMOKING - None. THREAT/HORROR - A scene at the end shows hyenas threatening to eat some of the protagonists, however this is not very frightening and is quickly resolved. One of the characters also frequently expresses his fear of the hyenas, but this is handled comically.

Teen, 16 years old Written byJosh Seville December 3, 2017

funny all 3 lion king movies

this movie is funny my most favorite scene is the parenthood scene this there is no things to have for what other familys should know about this movie like other movies for the lion king good for ages at least 9 and up in my oppion
Teen, 14 years old Written byChloeeee July 26, 2017

Its ok but don't like how it ruins some of the lion kings scenes

It's an ok movie I don't hate it but it ruins some of the scenes in the lion king. I don't like how Pumba farts during the circle of life. Or how the movie makes fun of can you feel the love tonight
Teen, 13 years old Written byCpwucker March 23, 2014

I like it!

There were some great messages in this movie, however there is violence and some potty humor. The hyenas may scare some children and the fact that Timone and Pumbaa don't have family may upset them as well.

Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2012

I watched part of this movie

Not so bad, OK.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBelkaStarDog May 26, 2012

disappionting!no wonder why they won't make a fourth lion king movie!

ugh!this ruined the whole lion king!it made fun of can you feel the love tonight,and most of the movie!i love pumbaa,but timon is a stupid,itiotic,retard who cares for no one but him self.Timon didn't even care if who/what left him,or if Simba was king or not.All because of Simba going back to be king,Timon got mad at Rafiki and Nala because he thought they MADE him leave,then he got mad at Pumbaa for going to fallow Simba,because Timon thought everyone was againts him.he's an annoying innmature brat.no joking.dont recomend it,i just have the DVD and VHS because i wanted to collect the whole trilogy(wich i did, have all 3),and for my TLK collection.don't recommend it -.-
Teen, 13 years old Written byJessie rocks May 8, 2012

You'll laugh like a lot!

This is a very funny movie. Quit your critisism and be nice! My parents like it, I like it, it's very funny. Scatological humor & pratfalls are FUNNY. The stopping and starting is HILARIOUS! My parents aren't annoyed by it, in fact, they LOVE hearing them stop & start the movie so they can run their mouths. Plus, the relatability factor to certain kids ("HE TAKES THINGS LITERALLY!!!" is one of the lines like that in my family) will make them laugh like certain voice chips on dolls. Trust me. I should know. In addition, your little "the other meerkats make fun of Timon" is no match for my "yeah, but when Timon accidently saves the day in the end, they change their Diggah Tunnuh song to include things like 'Sing the praises of great Timon, greatest meerkat we've ever known'". So, you see? It's FUNNY.
Kid, 10 years old February 26, 2012

50% stupid 40%boaring 10%good

its OK.i like The Lion King and The Lion King II:Simba's Pride,better.But this on DIDN'T make it on my fav disney movie list
Kid, 8 years old February 11, 2012

Funny,I Love the Crazy Hyena ! :)

Great And Funny,The Crazy Hyena Made Teachers & Older freinds laugh , A bit Violent for babie's because of the dad dieing(don't want to spoil) And A bit sad.Mostly about life and something that are sad in life(e.g Dad Dieing) So its a bit educational ,Its teaches you somethings in life and how people deal with problems.Its a Great Pg Movie &Its good for learly Everyone &also good for a family.Just to let you know its kinda the same to Madagscar :)

Educational Value
Teen, 16 years old Written byTheGreatNoOne September 25, 2011

"Ooh, that violates so many laws of canon!"

Many fans of the original Lion King will most likely come to hate this movie because of its canonical violations. Simba practically grew up in a day, Timon was down distracting the hyenas when they should've been ganging up on scar, and the presentation for the "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" clip is put together rather... oddly. This being the reason I envision the movie of having a canon of its own. There's a long list of negatives I could be noting down right now about what's wrong with this movie. But I'll choose not to mention them. The one great thing that I feel confident enough to say out loud is that it's really, genuinely funny. I mean, sure, it makes no freaking sense but doesn't that make it even funnier? Just, really, think about it.

Kid, 10 years old July 21, 2011

A BIG Disappointment For Me

I was kind of expecting better. During the movie I was face-palming. It was such ridiculous shots at humor, that I basically killed myself watching this. Timon and Pumbaa are my faves, so I was hoping that their movie would have more mature humor like the others, which was what I was expecting. I only laughed at few parts. So, yeah, I couldn't DARE call this a sequel, really disappointing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 April 25, 2011

Hakuna Matata!

Sorry,I just had to post the quote since I like the song :). Anyway, this film was okay (most Disney classic sequels aren't as good as the first), but I do like it how it took the movie from the perspective from Timon and Pumba. But there was too much potty humor in it for me. There isn't a lot of violence, but there still is some. It's less than the first film, but it still has some other violence from the first film, like the hyneas attacking. Overall it was okay.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymannymateo10isback January 29, 2011

better than part one and two, i used to watch this a millions of times since i was about 7 years old but i still loved it!!

Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

lion king is awesome

i love the lion king movies.they are amazing.

Kid, 12 years old March 14, 2010
Just a little peril but nothing major.......... overall kid friendly.

Teen, 14 years old Written byNectaria July 27, 2009