Kid reviews for The Living Daylights

The Living Daylights Poster Image

Timothy Dalton rocks

I loved the living daylights it was a exciting film and Timothy Dalton was great at playing James Bond but there are some other things in it to it has a lot of violence and a bad attitude towards women but I think the film is still very well made and very action packed. It’s a very good film.

Good action in Dalton's first Bond film.

The Living Daylights is a 1987 Bond movie directed by John Glen and starring Timothy Dalton, Maryam d'Abo, Jeroen Krabbe, and Joe Don Whitaker. Language(2/5): One use of “hell”, “a**”, “damn”, and the middle finger gesture. Sex(3/5): Panties, cleavage, and implied sex. A woman seduces a man by pressing his hand on her cleavage, played for laughs. Drinking, Drugs, And Smoking(2/5): Drinking, tobacco, and smoking. Violence(4/5): Frequent action. The beginning involves secret agents being killed off, and a long car chase with Bond ending in it falling off a cliff. Lots of fist fighting and spy kills. A long battle between Bond and the russians involves lots of car wrecks and death by gun wounds. A man falls out of a plane. Positive Messages: None. Positive Role Models And Representations(1/5): Bond is empathetic towards the Bond girl. Quality(opinionated): A good Dalton flick with great action. (My rating) PG-13 For sequences of violent action, a sexual reference, and a rude gesture.

At least it was better than "License to Kill"

Even though I love 007 movies, I consider "License to Kill" a horrible stain on an otherwise MOSTLY great franchise (and yes, the MOSTLY is because of "Moonraker"). I watched "License to Kill" before "The Living Daylights", so when I was getting ready to watch it, I did not expect much. But it isn't really that bad! Dalton's acting is still terrible, but it's slightly better in this movie, the story is more coherent, there is less ridiculousness, and overall, it's just more enjoyable. Now it is not a great movie, especially by James Bond standards, but I would sooner recommend this than "License to Kill".

Great Dalton Bond themed on The Afghan War.

This is a great movie and is less violent than Licence to Kill. This Bond is very thrilling and is interesting because it is themed on The Afghan War. This movie has some swearing such as a*s, d**n, h**l. This movie also has plenty of action, shooting, and hand to hand combat. There is some blood shown and they also show the heart of a dead animal which was a bit gruesome but again is less violent than Licence to Kill. There are a few scenes were we see James and Kara passionately kissing. There is some nudity. A woman shoves a man into her cleavage and we have a brief shot of her bra. Another scene involves Dalton ripping a woman's shirt off to check if she has a bomb. We see her panties briefly. Some women in bikinis and swimwear and as usual there are nude or scantily clad women in the beginning with the credits. Some innuendo and sexual references are included too. Even if this movie has some iffy stuff this is a great classic Bond movie.

Now I've watched both Dalton Bonds!

Amazing and fun movie but this is not anything you can show to any random kid because......... Violence: Plenty of gun-shooting, hand to hand-combat, and death-defying stunts. This takes place during the war with the Russians, and Afghanistan. Bombs are used, explosions etc. Some gore. Language: Mild swear words like d--n and hell. One use of arse from Bond. One middle finger gesture. And plenty of very mild insults. Sex and nudity: Now this is the problem with all Bonds. Passionate kissing with Bond and Kara. Bond strips a woman's top off revealing her bare breast. A woman shoves a man into her cleavage (this scene is early in the movie). Drinking/smoking: Bond drinks and smokes throughout.

8/10

Timothy Dalton stars in this action packed thriller. 11+ for moderate violence and partial nudity. While this film loses all the camp that Moore created, it does often feel to humourless. But the action is one of the best in this film. Unfortunately we do get a thoroughly annoying Bong girl who is a flat out idiot.

007 flick is humorous and entertaining at the same time but same innuendo as the previous two

My rating:PG-13 for violence,innuendo,sexual content and nudity

Disappointing,007 movie isn't as thrilling as the others but still lots of violence.

My rating:R for violence,racy content,and language.