Parent reviews for The Lookout

The Lookout Poster Image

not rated for age

Engrossing Story of Choice and Consequence

I strongly believe that Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Leonardo DiCaprio are the two best actors of my generation, and The Lookout is a stellar example of Gordon-Levitt's remarkable talent. At first glance, the story appears straightforward: a young man who has suffered a traumatic brain injury is targeted by a local thug to be used by his crew and assist in a bank heist. But what takes this story from good to great is it's characters. (Saving to add more later...)

Awesome film - just loved it!

I didn't know about this at all until recently, after watching several trailers it definitely caught my eye. I absolutely loved this film from start to finish! Never a dull moment, never boring. Very entertaining with a great storyline. I have to say that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is perfect in every way. I loved the atmosphere of the movie, it deals a lot with peer pressure and regret, it also has it's humorous side. Really liked Jeff Daniels role as Chris' blind friend - he kept things real and interesting. There is violence with a car crash leaving a character with a brain injury and killing his friends. Lots of shootings with gore. Violent acts. Thieves hold someone hostage. Lots of peer pressure, lying and betraying. Sexual content includes nudity (a guys butt shown and girls butt shown when she's laying in bed. Making out and touching. Two very minor/brief off-screen sex scenes which show nothing. Also some sexual language, one of which a woman writes "I cant' believe I f-ed Chris Pratt" in his notebook. Bar scenes with drinking, some marijuana use and an asthma inhaler used. I would highly recommend it to mature 16 and up.

Contains Bank Robbery

The good role models is everyone helps Chris after being injured in an accident that leaves him mentally handicapped; he also moves on, but flashbacks to his accident get progressively bloodier. There is a man and a woman nude, and Christ makes sexual cracks; along with these cracks of sex there is extremely questionable language. He is convinced into drinking by others who drink. Part of the plot is robbing a bank.