All teen and kid member reviews for The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Teen, 14 years old Written bybkid April 3, 2011
Teen, 13 years old Written byMusicManShades April 12, 2011

Awesome movie

Oh my God... This is one of the greatest fantasy epics of all time turned into a masterpiece of a movie. I recommend you see it, if you haven't. My MPAA rating: PG-13 for realistic fantasy war violence and frightening images.
Kid, 12 years old November 19, 2010

THE BEST

AMAZING!!!!!!!! This is probably the best movie you will ever see! Violent, but an eleven or twelve year old could see it. Two SUPER sad deaths. :( YOU HAVE TO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written bytklol April 9, 2011

Great for tweens, scarier for younger kids

It is an amazing storyline. It has some parallels to the biblical story of Jesus. Gandalf represents Jesus, seeing how he appears to die but comes back. The ring represents sin which many people desire but it always leads to them becoming corrupted. Gollum is a man who has been corrupted by sin. It's one of my favorite movies and I have read all the books
Kid, 12 years old October 15, 2016

Amazing film one of the best films ever made

This film is based on the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It is one of the best films ever made. I watched it when I was 7 but I like to think I'm pretty mature. The violence is the main issue it includes lots of medivel fighting with beheadings and dismemberments, it isn't overly gory but some deaths have blood. There are lots of monsters that some kids under 10 would find scary. Some characters also smoke and drink alcohol.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycrazyhippo September 29, 2016

Fun touching but with sadness mortal peril and grousome creatures

i think that 10 is a good age to watch this film but depending on your childs personality they could be younger or older when they whatch this movie. it is funny beautiful but has orcs creepy slimy monsters that are born from gooy pits ( full view slow with grose noises and groaning . 100% amazing definatly a movie you should see
Teen, 13 years old Written byferraris_rock April 9, 2008

Huge insult to the book

This movie was about as unlike the book as you can get. Changes events, cuts large and important parts out, over romanticizes storyline, and ruins the entire point of the book. I was disgusted.
Teen, 15 years old Written bydude811 June 13, 2016

This is what I'm tolkien about!

The lord of the rings films are one of my favorite films of all time. It is just as deep and is mostly true to the book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox July 19, 2015

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

This is xgamerbrox here and I plan to do more reviews than parental reviews i will still list some of the content things in here. LOTR Is one of the best movies Ive seen. I think all the characters are great! nice music, nice story... If you like fantasy adventure movies then you will LOVE this movie! VIOLENCE 6/10 Some fantasy violence and blood , LANGUAGE 0/10 No language, FRIGHTENING SCENES 4/10 Some jumpscares, SEX 1/10 Some kissing, DRINKING AND DRUGS, 5/10 Some smoking and drinking. Ok for 9+
Kid, 11 years old November 23, 2014

Amazing movie, quite a lot of gore

This movie is my third favorite fantasy movie ever (my second favorite also being a LOTR movie), and it is really, really good. However, it is considerably more gory and violent than say, Harry Potter or Star Wars. In one scene, Aragorn dismembers an Uruk-Hai before beheading them, and there is quite a lot of swords/axes/arrows violence. Gandalf and Bilbo also smoke something called "pipeweed", and the Orcs, Goblins, Nazgul, and Cave-Troll are quite scary to younger children. Still, a great movie.
Kid, 12 years old January 7, 2013

Not the Most Exciting for Children

When watching this movie, I wasn't as interested as when I watched the Hobbit. There is more Violence, and some freaky scenes as well. I'm glad they left out the auctioning and stories that were included in the book, or else I wouldn't of enjoyed it. A very creative storyline, and I wouldn't mind watching Part 2: The Two Towers!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 May 29, 2011

Slow at times, but very well-made adaptation of the beginning to an excellent trilogy/world.

My rating: PG [borderline with PG-13] for some sequences of epic battle violence.
Kid, 11 years old February 23, 2011

Amazing trilogy, quite violent and scary though, 11+

I've watched the Lord of the Rings movies 4 times through. They're brilliant. The storyline is really well done. It is not a big problem in my opinion that there is smoking and alcohol. There is a lot of violence but no blood to speak of. I think the entire trilogy is amazing (see my reviews). My entire family loves the Lord of the Rings. A masterpiece from J.R.R. Tolkein (the books), and a masterpiece from Peter Jackson (the films). I love adventure quest stories and this one is clever, emotional (I cried at the end of the last film) and sometimes preposterous (the riding down a vertical slope scene). It has warriors, dwarves, elves, orcs, huge fire-breathing minotaur thing, wizards (good and evil), a spirit with red eyes inside a huge set of spiky armor wielding a mace, servants of the dark lord with awesome black capes and a ring with elven runes all the way round it that gets heavier the longer you carry it. I don't think I need to review the other two movies, I think this is enough for you to know that I love them and recommend them to anyone who doesn't mind violence and scary scenes.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybook_flutterby April 9, 2008

A wonderful movie...

This is an amazing movie! I wouldn't recommend it for younger kids, but honestly, it depends on what they are used to. To children who do not watch violent/scary movies, this is NOT for them. Some kids have seen this kind of thing a lot and are ok with it, so you'll have to judge that. There is no sex except I think for one kiss if that qualifies. No swearing! There are a couple scenes where they make orcs in Isenguard though...which I really found gross. But everything else in the movie is amazing...special affects are stunning, and the story has good morals such as honestly, loyalty, friendship, and sacrifice, not to mention many more. A wonderful movie all around!
Kid, 10 years old November 14, 2016

As good as The Hobbit, but more violent.

This is a very good movie based on the first novel of The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. I recommend this to tweens only because of its violence. There are scary looking creatures that try to kill the Fellowship of the Ring and there are lots of deaths in this movie and one dramatic and sad death. People get shot in the head with bows and arrows and get beheaded with swords and axes. Other than that it's an amazing movie.
Kid, 12 years old October 9, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written byOH August 27, 2016

AMAZING FANTASY FILM!!!!!!

A really good kids fantasy film, especially the cave troll fight and finale scene. It's quite violent and some scenes have cool creatures, like Gollum which could be scary for some. I saw this when I was 9 and loved it and my brother saw it at 7 and was completely fine with all the content. But everyone's different.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJasonpd June 17, 2016

Very Good Movie but Too Scary

I encourage people to watch it it is scary just have person to watch it with u and u will be fine. Personally the Nazgul and the Orcs scared me the most
Kid, 10 years old June 10, 2016

lord of the ring fellow ship of the rings

its really good but some parts orcs and goblins get decapitated but other then that and the beer and stuff its fine
Teen, 13 years old Written byGuinneazilla June 1, 2016

Great for kids ages 11 and up!

I think that lord of the rings is a great movie to show your kids. It has some violence in some parts that might scare some children under 11 but it is a wonderful adventure and has good meaning and positive role models.