All teen and kid member reviews for The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Teen, 14 years old Written bybkid April 3, 2011
Teen, 13 years old Written byMusicManShades April 12, 2011

Awesome movie

Oh my God... This is one of the greatest fantasy epics of all time turned into a masterpiece of a movie. I recommend you see it, if you haven't. My MPAA rating: PG-13 for realistic fantasy war violence and frightening images.
Kid, 12 years old November 19, 2010

THE BEST

AMAZING!!!!!!!! This is probably the best movie you will ever see! Violent, but an eleven or twelve year old could see it. Two SUPER sad deaths. :( YOU HAVE TO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written bytklol April 9, 2011

Great for tweens, scarier for younger kids

It is an amazing storyline. It has some parallels to the biblical story of Jesus. Gandalf represents Jesus, seeing how he appears to die but comes back. The ring represents sin which many people desire but it always leads to them becoming corrupted. Gollum is a man who has been corrupted by sin. It's one of my favorite movies and I have read all the books
Teen, 13 years old Written byferraris_rock April 9, 2008

Huge insult to the book

This movie was about as unlike the book as you can get. Changes events, cuts large and important parts out, over romanticizes storyline, and ruins the entire point of the book. I was disgusted.
Kid, 11 years old November 23, 2014

Amazing movie, quite a lot of gore

This movie is my third favorite fantasy movie ever (my second favorite also being a LOTR movie), and it is really, really good. However, it is considerably more gory and violent than say, Harry Potter or Star Wars. In one scene, Aragorn dismembers an Uruk-Hai before beheading them, and there is quite a lot of swords/axes/arrows violence. Gandalf and Bilbo also smoke something called "pipeweed", and the Orcs, Goblins, Nazgul, and Cave-Troll are quite scary to younger children. Still, a great movie.
Kid, 12 years old January 7, 2013

Not the Most Exciting for Children

When watching this movie, I wasn't as interested as when I watched the Hobbit. There is more Violence, and some freaky scenes as well. I'm glad they left out the auctioning and stories that were included in the book, or else I wouldn't of enjoyed it. A very creative storyline, and I wouldn't mind watching Part 2: The Two Towers!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 May 29, 2011

Slow at times, but very well-made adaptation of the beginning to an excellent trilogy/world.

My rating: PG [borderline with PG-13] for some sequences of epic battle violence.
Kid, 11 years old February 23, 2011

Amazing trilogy, quite violent and scary though, 11+

I've watched the Lord of the Rings movies 4 times through. They're brilliant. The storyline is really well done. It is not a big problem in my opinion that there is smoking and alcohol. There is a lot of violence but no blood to speak of. I think the entire trilogy is amazing (see my reviews). My entire family loves the Lord of the Rings. A masterpiece from J.R.R. Tolkein (the books), and a masterpiece from Peter Jackson (the films). I love adventure quest stories and this one is clever, emotional (I cried at the end of the last film) and sometimes preposterous (the riding down a vertical slope scene). It has warriors, dwarves, elves, orcs, huge fire-breathing minotaur thing, wizards (good and evil), a spirit with red eyes inside a huge set of spiky armor wielding a mace, servants of the dark lord with awesome black capes and a ring with elven runes all the way round it that gets heavier the longer you carry it. I don't think I need to review the other two movies, I think this is enough for you to know that I love them and recommend them to anyone who doesn't mind violence and scary scenes.
Teen, 17 years old Written bybook_flutterby April 9, 2008

A wonderful movie...

This is an amazing movie! I wouldn't recommend it for younger kids, but honestly, it depends on what they are used to. To children who do not watch violent/scary movies, this is NOT for them. Some kids have seen this kind of thing a lot and are ok with it, so you'll have to judge that. There is no sex except I think for one kiss if that qualifies. No swearing! There are a couple scenes where they make orcs in Isenguard though...which I really found gross. But everything else in the movie is amazing...special affects are stunning, and the story has good morals such as honestly, loyalty, friendship, and sacrifice, not to mention many more. A wonderful movie all around!
Kid, 12 years old December 30, 2015

Lord of the rings

I love love love Lord of the rings but I like the Hobbit more. If I was you I would watch the Hobbit first then Lord of the rings. (The hobbit is a part of the lord of the rings, the hobbit starts it all, so it would make more sense) A lot of violence though.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygamerbook December 7, 2015

Brilliant

This movie is absolutely amazing. It has a great storyline and is heart touching enough to make you think and feel for the characters. The world is beautiful and the soundtrack is just as good. PG-13 due to violence and some frightening images.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAge review kid November 28, 2015

Great but too dark for younger kids

My rating: PG-13 for intense fantasy violence and action and some momentary nudity
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox July 19, 2015

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

This is xgamerbrox here and I plan to do more reviews than parental reviews i will still list some of the content things in here. LOTR Is one of the best movies Ive seen. I think all the characters are great! nice music, nice story... If you like fantasy adventure movies then you will LOVE this movie! VIOLENCE 6/10 Some fantasy violence and blood , LANGUAGE 0/10 No language, FRIGHTENING SCENES 4/10 Some jumpscares, SEX 1/10 Some kissing, DRINKING AND DRUGS, 5/10 Some smoking and drinking. Ok for 9+
Teen, 14 years old Written byParkerSmykle July 5, 2015

my favorite film of all time :)

My favorite film of all time :) 5/5 stars
Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2015

Great Movie but Quite Violent

It was an amazing movie but has quite a lot of violence and death. I think this movie is great for people at least 11 years.
Teen, 14 years old Written byProjektor May 14, 2015

This is beautifu land scary film and second best in series. I'm not this series fan, but i like this very much!

This movie have lots of fantasy-adventure violence and scary scenes.
Kid, 9 years old April 25, 2015

Very good movie

Good movie, some scary parts. At the beginning it can be a little scary because of the orcs, and syron. Throughout the movie, you can see orcs and a little creature named gollum who can be a little scary.
Kid, 10 years old April 25, 2015

The best

Really amazing. Awesome special effects, you should watch it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter April 21, 2015

Wow, that is all

Okay, that's not exactly all. There's a lot of amazing acting and visually stunning........... er... visuals. And a few scares to heighten the excitement.