Kid reviews for The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Fabulous, but also violent and scary.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybkid April 3, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written byMusicManShades April 12, 2011

Awesome movie

Oh my God... This is one of the greatest fantasy epics of all time turned into a masterpiece of a movie. I recommend you see it, if you haven't. My MPAA rating: PG-13 for realistic fantasy war violence and frightening images.

Kid, 12 years old November 19, 2010

THE BEST

AMAZING!!!!!!!! This is probably the best movie you will ever see! Violent, but an eleven or twelve year old could see it. Two SUPER sad deaths. :( YOU HAVE TO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 17 years old Written bytklol April 9, 2011

Great for tweens, scarier for younger kids

It is an amazing storyline. It has some parallels to the biblical story of Jesus. Gandalf represents Jesus, seeing how he appears to die but comes back. The ring represents sin which many people desire but it always leads to them becoming corrupted. Gollum is a man who has been corrupted by sin. It's one of my favorite movies and I have read all the books

Kid, 11 years old February 23, 2011

Amazing trilogy, quite violent and scary though, 11+

I've watched the Lord of the Rings movies 4 times through. They're brilliant. The storyline is really well done. It is not a big problem in my opinion that there is smoking and alcohol. There is a lot of violence but no blood to speak of. I think the entire trilogy is amazing (see my reviews). My entire family loves the Lord of the Rings. A masterpiece from J.R.R. Tolkein (the books), and a masterpiece from Peter Jackson (the films). I love adventure quest stories and this one is clever, emotional (I cried at the end of the last film) and sometimes preposterous (the riding down a vertical slope scene). It has warriors, dwarves, elves, orcs, huge fire-breathing minotaur thing, wizards (good and evil), a spirit with red eyes inside a huge set of spiky armor wielding a mace, servants of the dark lord with awesome black capes and a ring with elven runes all the way round it that gets heavier the longer you carry it. I don't think I need to review the other two movies, I think this is enough for you to know that I love them and recommend them to anyone who doesn't mind violence and scary scenes.

Kid, 12 years old October 15, 2016

Amazing film one of the best films ever made

This film is based on the Lord of the Rings trilogy. It is one of the best films ever made. I watched it when I was 7 but I like to think I'm pretty mature. The violence is the main issue it includes lots of medivel fighting with beheadings and dismemberments, it isn't overly gory but some deaths have blood. There are lots of monsters that some kids under 10 would find scary. Some characters also smoke and drink alcohol.

Teen, 13 years old Written byferraris_rock April 9, 2008

Huge insult to the book

This movie was about as unlike the book as you can get. Changes events, cuts large and important parts out, over romanticizes storyline, and ruins the entire point of the book. I was disgusted.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJoker390 February 11, 2017
Kid, 12 years old November 28, 2014

Really?

Really? Age 12, 11? I saw this at 9 or 10. And I was not scared! (hello there) My brother is watching this at 6! I mean, sure there is tons of violence! (violence is so cool,right?) tis awesome watch it now!

Teen, 14 years old Written byMal Arken March 29, 2017

The Third Best Movie In The World!

Following the other two movies in the trilogy; The Fellowship Of The Ring is the best movie out there. With a perfectly engaging and suspenseful story-line and major character break through, you cant go wrong. Anyone, And everyone should watch this movie, Kids under 13 should not worry because the violence is worth it. I saw this movie when I was 8 and it didn't taint me or anything, lol. Overall I would rate The Fellowship Of The Ring 5/5.

Teen, 15 years old Written bydude811 June 13, 2016

This is what I'm tolkien about!

The lord of the rings films are one of my favorite films of all time. It is just as deep and is mostly true to the book.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBrandon_O'Quinn16 July 2, 2017

Good for teens, tweens might need parental guidance.

I really enjoyed this movie, if you're a fan of fantasy adventure sort of films than I highly recommend it. However, when I watched this I could pick put several scenes that were a hint that this isn't for younger children. The movie is almost three hours long, and they're death scenes that might upset younger children. As well as a bit of blood.

Kid, 10 years old May 4, 2013

Awoke!

Awesome some violonce peril and a message of teamwork and are good role modeled but this movie is quite gory

Teen, 13 years old Written byidawowcat February 14, 2013

:) my smile says it all.

Oh my oh my. Lord of the rings the beauty, the mystery, the unforgettable chacters and the ring that shall rule us all ( I hope I did it right XD) sex content if you count a kiss as sex then be my guest. Violence yes but tamable. 5 stars :D
Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviewhiz May 12, 2012

GREAT movie

This is an extremely AWESOME movie! I dont think its appropriate for young kids however. Parts of it can be scary and graphic! But over all, GREAT movie!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byMovieman22 March 16, 2012

A fabulous series and amazing one! Although it is violent and scary though. But this one could earn a PG rating

My rating PG-13 ( broad line to a PG ) for sequences of fantasy action violence, some scary images and some images of smoking. (Violence-4/5 really violent and scary (sometimes bloodless) a lot of orcs get killed (in one scene shows a orcs head chopped off briefly in the climax but no blood is shown and it's only 0.5 seconds) mostly ugly looking orcs.) (sex-0.5/5 really mild only Aragon and this girl kiss once. (Language-0/5 not an issue (drinking/drugs/alcohol/-2/5 some pipe smoking but the hobbits smoke pipe weed. Some mild drinking too.

Teen, 13 years old Written bynatgeo January 9, 2012

lotr1

Kid, 12 years old December 18, 2011

Love it!

I saw this movie when I was four ( it was sitting on the bench and my parents were gardening outside so I put it in the dvd player and watched it) it scared me to death! I thought that dark riders would come and get me in my sleep! now I look back and laugh at that. It is a great movie so worth watching over and over. Just don't let your four year old watch it :)

Teen, 17 years old Written bywaffles4waffles July 20, 2010
violent fights smoking and drinking parts but the rest is just fine

Teen, 13 years old Written bystinky April 9, 2008

THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!

This movie is definitely the best in the series (overall). Even though Frodo's stupidity can get a little boring, it's absolutely worth your time. Do not take children under 10 to see it because there are a few spots when things jump out. There is also one freaky part when they're at the inn when the ring-wraiths come and you don't know what's happening. But it has great fight scenes. Go see it now!