All parent member reviews for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Adult Written bymca27@optonline.net January 24, 2009

great movie, but not for little kids

first i watched the special features of this movie and then I saw the movie. But the only reason I saw the movie was because my babysitter let me watch it. It was kind of creepy. In the beginning the close up of golum's face is very startling. THere are a lot of battle sequences. Some parts of hte movie had arrows going into Orc's heads and mouths. When Sauron comes out and his fingers get cut off, everybody falls down and on of the most gruesome parts is when Golom eats the live rabbit. I would not recommend it for young kids, even though i saw it when I was seven
Parent Written byPlague December 15, 2009

The Lord of the RIng: The Two Towers

Even better than the first one with a lot more war and violence. Great epic battle scene in Helms Deep. Grade A film that deserves 5 stars and nothing less.
Parent Written byTheDarkKnightFalls May 9, 2015

The Lord Of The Rings - The Two Towers

This is an excellent sequel to the original film - The Fellowship Of The Ring. I personally think all of the films in the trilogy are brilliant, but this film didn't really interest me as much as I thought it would. Oh, and did I mention, the duration of the film is 2hrs 59mins! :( Not For Little Kids ): My Classification: M - Strong Violence
Parent of a 7 year old Written bythe names Bond December 15, 2012

GOOD!!!

Wow, this is a really awesome movie, you should watch it, FREAKIN SWEET!!!
Adult Written byMi3 February 2, 2011

awsome movie for 14+

really good movie. lots f graphic and intense violence. good role models and positive messages.
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo January 11, 2011

No younger than teens allowed, great movie

Yes it's violent. But I think it's a great movie. It is battle violence that can be on the realistic side, but it is a fantasy movie. I think it's good for teens to have a non-glorified look at what war does, especially in today's violent culture. Watch with your teens.
Adult Written byAmeliaKaderWood June 23, 2009

A Must see!! 12+

I really think this film is awesome!! Of course, it has epic scenes and battles, which is too violent for young audiences, just like any other battle scenes in other movies. The character of Gollum is very impressive, and interesting. This movie is certainly better than the first, but the 1st one is also amazing. I recommend this film for those who are thinking about what to watch, but I again about the intense killing, though it's not like blood and guts spill everywhere. Just some head chop and sword stabbings. Anyways, over all, it's a 5 star oscar-worthy film, with great acting and well done directing (specially effects)!
Adult Written byuranus1945 June 9, 2009

CONTAINS GRAPHIC VIOLENCE AND SCARY SCENES

Again, an outstanding film, like the first, but contains too much violence for a PG-13 rating. Scenes that contain this type of violence include: a man ripped open slightly with bloody, mortal wounds (the gory site of the massacre of him and his men is seen); a scene for an orc's head is chopped off (blood gushes out for about three seconds), then the uruks rip out his intestines and devour them; an uruk's head is staked on a spear; a dwarf digs through bits and pieces of dead, burnt corpses; an orc is smashed so hard, the leaves around him are bathed in blood; a man is thrown down a flight of stairs (and spits blood on another man's hand); a creature breaks a rabbit in half and pulls out the flesh with his teeth; a man is devoured by a warg, an orc's throat is slit, blood comes out; a battle, many are killed and eaten, bloody ground, screaming wounded; an orc's neck breaks; a man had many bloody wounds but lives; a creature is beaten graphically (for about thirty seconds); a collosal battle, thousands die; (an uruk violently slices a man's face apart), a man is stabbed several times, he lies next to other gory bodies; (a man is crushed by a battering ram, the one next to him slices the assailant's arm off, leaving him to suffer); a man is stabbed by a pike, which he thrusts into an orc's throat; a man is hit by ballista; a huge cavalry charge causes enemy infantry to be massacred gorily. There is also plenty of scary and disturbing scenes. Other than that, its a great film.
Parent of a 12 and 18 year old Written bytbaudler1410 April 19, 2009

well done but very very violent

again great movie very violent
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

One of the Best Fantasy Movies Ever

This is a very intense Fantasy movie that will please almost everyone not scared by the intensity of monsters and battle.
Adult Written byamandaisl April 9, 2008

An unbelievable film - better than the first!

Whether you've read Lord of the Rings or not, this movie is sure to please. Make sure to see it on the big screen because it will transport you to another land and another time. The magic and beauty are engulfed in a sense of suspense. There are many scenes that would not appeal to young children as the make-up of the Orks (bad guys) is so realistic that they are really quite scary to look at. There are also some very vivid battle scenes that may leave a child with nightmares. However, for anyone over 13, this movie is sure to thrill and satisfy!
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

"The best movie ever!"

This movie was really, really awesome. 5 stars, definitely. It was scary and intense, but still had some humor. No doubt my favorite movie.
Adult Written byJegodby April 9, 2008

Adult Written bybrownie April 9, 2008

Great sequel

Great movie. If you can handle violence, this is sure to be a great action-adventure movie. There are very good elements in this movie.
Adult Written byjsw April 9, 2008

Adult Written byRevolennon April 9, 2008

Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008

Adult Written byYankeeman242003 April 9, 2008

Excellent

Great movie, a must see for movie goers.
Adult Written bycaptainhadlar April 9, 2008

Adult Written byPollyRoger April 9, 2008

The longest of the three...

I'm not sure if this really was the longest of the three, but it felt it. It definitely contained the most war scenes. Still, a great movie. No sexual content or cursing. Obviously, a lot of violence. I probably would've given it an R-rating, just for the violence. This is, however, the first time that Smeagol, or Gollum, is featured prominently. He was shown a few times in the first movie, but never talking. He's a little disturbing at first, but once you get used to him, it's fine. I know when I saw this in the theater with my mother and my sister, who was 8 at the time, my sister was scared of him at first. Overall, a wonderful movie, and it's fine for kids of all ages, except for the violent content. That's up to the parent to decide.