Kid reviews for The Man in the Iron Mask

Slow-moving swashbuckler is better for teens and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written bybeehches February 15, 2020

I liked it a lot

I honestly loved it, it’s a nice entertaining movie to watch with the fam. It depend how mature you AND your kids are because it does have some sexish scenes but nothing serious and a bit of violence and and some light hearted dark themes. The acting was overall very good, Leonardo was good, Okay so, obviously it wasn’t Oscar winning but it was still 4 stars!

Teen, 15 years old Written byuser822606 May 14, 2020

Great movie!

The Man in the Iron Mask is a spectacular movie starring young Leonardo Dicaprio playing a self centered king. Know that this movie does have some violence but nothing to gory. Sex scenes are present but no nudity is shown, just shows characters waking up. There is slight swearing in this movie but nothing to severe. Not much drinking. Drugs and smoking isn’t present. There is nice and loyal friendships in this movie that are very inspiring. I really recommend this movie but I suggest maybe not for the ages 11-12 and under, it depends how mature the viewer is. If they are mature then i’m sure there is nothing to worry about.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymiraculous lover October 19, 2019

Very Interesting

So I'm not going to spoil anything.. but this movie was really interesting! Didn't want to watch it at first but my mom made me :) Which by the way I'm grateful for! I would say it looks pretty lame but the movie was way better. Don't judge a book by it's cover, or in this case, a movie! But anyways, the movie I would definitely recommend. It had some strong sexual scenes and at one point it showed partial nudity (butt) but I would still recommend. It's worth just fast forwarding it. I was not expecting all the plot twists and you feel so many emotions while watching it. I put ages 13 and up but maybe it depends on your parent.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieNudler August 9, 2019
Teen, 16 years old Written bySofia_Marie009 April 24, 2019

I love this movie!

My mother and I were kind of unsure about this movie because we really wanted to see it but Leonardo Dicaprio is in and usually his movies have some scenes in them. We did end up watching it and their were a couple of scenes that we skipped and there is some sexual dialogue but it ended up being a really good movie! King Louis is very cruel to his twin brother Philippe who he made a prisoner in an iron mask for like 6 years. Leonardo does such a good job playing Louis and Philippe. Philippe is completely the opposite of his twin brother he is gentle and kind and everything a king should be and you fall in love with him instantly. Also for Little Women fans Gabriel Byrne (Friedrich) plays a retired musketeer who has lots of secrets and is very loyal to the king. I loved this movie and I recommend it to anyone 16 and up!

Kid, 12 years old May 20, 2014

The review in the iron mask

I definitely loved this movie when I watched it awhile ago. It has lots of sexual themes, but is still very good. Leonardo is brilliant in it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byratingpeepsshows69 October 15, 2011

NO NO NO

We watched this is Spanish yesterday, it was turned to speak in spanish. it was HORRIFYING!!!!!!! i could NOT get the images out of my head (including the dialogue)!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written bysunshinegirl012 May 19, 2011

OK with parents ok but not for school!

We watched this in our performing art class and I was horrified! This movie is based on sex. The king sends off a girls true love to the army and gets him killed so he can have her all to himself. The king then invites her to dinner and has sex with her. not appropriate!

Teen, 13 years old Written byKateay February 5, 2011
Didn't see it. Will after while.My kids can't see it until there 13. But it was not what i expected. I was hoping maybe we could watch it together as a family. Not so much anymore~

Teen, 14 years old Written bybibliophile April 9, 2008

......

This movie had some real problems three minutes in. I had to stop watching it after ten, and that was with an edited version. One of the main themes was sexual dialogue, so you can imagine how that went. My mom says it's a good movie, but it is not appropriate for teens and kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

not so bad

this is ok for people my age, there are some scenes of sex that can be somewhat inapropriate. There is some violence but not much blood, only a stain on a dagger, a man gets shot with a cannon but you only see him fall, the drugs are low. I think this is worth seeing, I'd say it's appropriate to kids 10 or 11 years and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byhorselover326 April 9, 2008