Kid reviews for The Meg

Lots of shark-movie clichés and violence, not many thrills.

Teen, 13 years old Written byEmber777 August 19, 2020

Cheesy, Mildly Entertaining and Predictable

I'm being honest I thought this movie was going to be abysmal. It isn't going to win any awards but it was okay I rated this 3 stars at a push. Acting was not amazing as a dog lover I thought that the dog was the best actor. The CGI was good and was slow to start it was quite predictable at times. Gore was moderate they pull an arm out the water but looked fake and rubbery they slice open the shark's stomach and impales it's eye I didn't notice much swearing except "Son of a b****" and "Bast*rd." Watch it if you would like I would never re-watch it though.

Teen, 13 years old Written byejsmith1 March 18, 2019

Disappointing, Predictable

I was very excited to watch The Meg, but I was not impressed at all. The movie was VERY predictable, because the most entertaining, suspenseful scenes were all in the trailers. The most iconic scenes in the original Jaws movies took place when the shark came to shore. There was ONE beach scene in the movie that maybe lasted a minute. I watched with a seven year old and he wasn't scared at all. The part of the movie that disappointed me most was the soundtrack. John Williams' iconic soundtrack played a key role in Jaws' sucess. The Meg didn't use the tune, and it seemed there was hardly any music at all. Don't get me wrong--the acting was good and it's good that the plot didn't follow the original movies'. I know this movie had a lot to live up to, but I was very disappointed. I would suggest this for younger kids (maybe around ten) because it WILL NOT scare or impress teenagers and adults. There is some cursing in this movie, so if you're not comfortable with that I wouldn't watch this movie. Honestly, it comes down to personal preference, if you liked this movie that's fine, but I don't think it's worth two hours of your time.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTony Stark 123 August 8, 2018

Great thriller with loads of bloody violence and action

The Meg is a great thriller. A lot of violence and blood. Keeps the audience at the edge of their seats the whole time. The main protagonist is an amazing role model. However, there are sexual references, couple of swear words and blood.

Kid, 10 years old September 11, 2020

Great film

Great Film with blood and action.
Kid, 12 years old September 8, 2020

Definitely not Jaws

I am going to start by saying something a little controversial: there just wasn’t enough shark related violence (eating). I know that is a bit weird, but after all, this is a shark movie. A few people get eaten but most of them were just part of the main team. All of the eatings are expected and there is no suspense in the sense of: is the shark here, where is it. There are no real jump scares and it all seems a little lame.

Other than shark violence, a woman is stabbed with a screw driver, another woman is hit in the head with a swinging boom on a ship and is knocked in the water. Small sharks are seen with fins removed by poachers and a creature is bombed leaving a bloody husk.
In my opinion only watch this film if you want some cheap thrills.

Teen, 15 years old Written byCottagecoregoth August 3, 2020

Fast Paced Shark Cliches

I went into this movie with low expectations. I’ve heard it wasn’t great, so I knew I wasn’t about to watch anything close to Jaws quality. I was right.
While the premise of the movie is promising and has potential, the script just could not keep up with it. The cliches in this movie are often and seen in every scene: man-eating shark, attractive female lead, attractive male lead with emotional issues, rude rich kid, wise Asian man, and by far the WORST stereotype in this whole movie, the scared/sassy black man. While I was able to look past the majority of the aforementioned, the way they wrote in the (only) black character in this movie was beyond offensive and a harmful stereotype. His whole personality was the fact that he couldn’t swim, he didn’t sign up for this, and he wanted to go home. All that plus more is enough to make anyone cringe.
My other problem with this movie is how fast paced it is. There’s no room for character development, no room for fear, and those that die all do so within minutes of each other. Now, I understand that this is not uncommon in action movies, and many people indulge in them for a reason. But if you enjoy movies such as Jaws and A Quiet Place, this is not the film for you.
Kid, 10 years old July 11, 2020

Best movie ever

I loved the meg. No sex. Quite a bit of violence and language. Overall my favourite
movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySeby565 July 8, 2020

BETTER THAN JAWS!

the meg is the best shark movie ever, one gory bit where the crew find a body-less leg floating around, though the meg is the best with facts, shark, suspense and just the best shark movie ever!!!!

Kid, 10 years old July 4, 2020

Oh my Gosh!This so GOOD!(The Movie Review of The Meg(2018))

MPAA Rating:PG-13 for action, violence bloody images and language
/What I think:This is A BLAST!
/What is in this movie:
/Language:4/10 There is the S-word, Son of a B-word, damn, Jesus , and A-word hole
/Scariness and Terror:6/10 Plenty of Shark attack Jump Scares
/Violence and Action:8/10 Many characters die. Bloody wounds. Blood swirls in ocean water. A shark sliced open and stabbed in the eyeball. A woman is accidentally stabbed in the stomach with a screwdriver. Explosions. Sudden shark attacks. Tons of destruction and carnage. Dead sharks in the water, their fins removed by poachers. Dead whale with chunks torn out of its carcass. Young girl is briefly in peril. Images of "chum" (fish guts used for luring sharks). Brief rifle shooting.
/Sex:1/10 A Man is Shirtless but not nude
/Nudity: None!
/Blood and Gore:5/10 Okay

So Parents, This Movie is Best for 10 ages and Up if they are Familiar with these things or if they watched Jaws then Watch It!
Best for 10 and Up and it is a Lock!!No one under 10 should be watching this!

If this Review helped you then Your Welcome!
Teen, 13 years old Written byChloe358 June 25, 2020

Amazing!!

I thought it was a great movie. It also had great actors. Some of it was easy to predict, but other than that it was one of my favorites!

Kid, 12 years old June 16, 2020

Awesome and great for kids 8 and up!

I think this movie was really good! There was no blood like there would be in Jaws or anything like that. The only disgusting part in the movie was when it showed the hand of an attacked sailor. Nothing more. When the meg did attack at the beach, it did not show any blood at all or body parts. The characters in the movie do cuss and to me that was the only problem. I hope this review helped!

Kid, 12 years old June 15, 2020

LOVED!!!!!

I loved the meg so much!! I am obsessed with shark movies. A character was shown shoving a sharp thing into the sharks eye (sorry dont know what it is called). It wasn't too bad I would definitely watch it. there in't much swearing though.

Kid, 9 years old June 13, 2020

Predictable

This movie was scary but predictable. You would know when the shark would attack and what the people would act like. The only part I enjoyed was when the dog swam back to the owner and did not get eaten. (my real favorite part, and this is only for kids tweens and teens, when the mom of the child makes an ugly crying face.) I would not reccomend this movie.

Kid, 8 years old June 8, 2020

Why does everyone think it’s so bad?

Hello, today I really wanted to do a review on this movie! Let’s do it! If you don’t know what The Meg is about here is a quick summary:
A group of people who study the sea come a cross a prehistoric shark.-Me. I know that was a very bad summary so I would just recommend looking it up. Violence=8/10
There is a good amount of violence, but most of it isn’t awful, and some is natural for example, The Meg eats a whale. Though some is normal most is very bloody, and in one scene something disturbing happens, they kill the shark by poking its a out with a weird sharp thing. If you let your kid see this I would recommend closing their eyes for this part.
Language=4/10
Not much language, but: a few uses of son of a b***h, and some uses of a*s, and some others.

Sex=1/10
A man comes out of the shower naked( don’t worry parents he has a towel around his privates) while a women is inside, and she is obviously flattered.

Drinking/drugs/smoking=4/10
Early in the movie Jonas is told that he drinks to much, characters drink but only once.

I really hope this was helpful! I love this movie! I recently saw it and know that a lot of parents would question is ok for their kid! And the answer is...yes! If your kid doesn’t do well with violence you can just cover their eyes. Basing of maturity level I’d say 8+ but not basing off that 12, or 13+. Watch this movie and write a review to help peeps like you!! Educational value=4/5 haha! This was a little something because this has a lesson! Kids will learn( and some adults) about Megladons( sorry about the spelling), and how sharks eat whales. Fun fact you can tell your kids to not be scared about sharks: sharks don’t have and appetite for humans. They will accidentally hurt them, or defend themselves. Overall most of the time it’s an accident and you will have to go very deep into the ocean( usually not where a kid would go)to see a shark.

I hope you see it and decide if it’s right for your kid! I recommend! Bye! Thank you!

Teen, 13 years old Written byolivia_13 June 5, 2020

This Movie Is Really Good!

This movie I found is actually really good. I really like liked it because I like sharks, but people are different. So some might find it boring and a disappointment but I found it really good. There is blood in it and quite a lot of violence, but still a really good movie!

Kid, 11 years old May 7, 2020

Good Movie

Has a good amount of violence, some people get eaten and a floating arm is seen in the water- I think this should be for 12 and up

Teen, 16 years old Written byjasonstatham69 April 29, 2020

includes one of the best actors to ever live. better than greta

everyone in existence should watch this movie, pure class. best script and scenery ever . Jason statham is deserved of all the Grammys that have ever been created. god bows down to him.

Kid, 8 years old April 26, 2020

THE MEG!!!

The violence isn't so bloody. You just see a hand ripped if by the meg, but the reat is really good. It's also hilarious!!! Jason Statham is such a good actor. I thought nothing else deserves to be in my top 10 favourite movies, but I was wrong. Jonas does drink a lot and a few Sh-words.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDevilishSweet13 April 22, 2020

Good Movie!

It’s a really good movie!

Overall I give it 4.5 stars

Very little gore, and not too many scary bits, and very little cussing
If your kid can handle that then try this movie with them!

100% would reccomend

Kid, 9 years old March 25, 2020

THE MEG

Scary horror movie about a shark isn’t really scary at all.

This movie follows a crew of deep sea divers going into the ocean and fighting against the one and only, Megalodon.

In my opinion, this movie kinda sucks and isn’t really scary but, maybe one of you guys think it’s interesting.