All parent member reviews for The Mighty Ducks

Parent Written byMom in Atlanta February 2, 2013

Can't believe this was made by Disney.

While I would consider my boys too young for a PG movie (6 and 8), they both play hockey and a friend told me this was a great Disney movies and really family friendly. The review on this website it was okay for age 8, so thought I would be okay. I turned it off after the first 15 minutes. Within the first 15 minutes they used the word "s*cks" and "*diot" more times than I can count, the word "h*ll" multiple times (as in, "what the h*ll" and "get the h*ll out of here"). They also used the word "b*stard," "p*ssed off." And it was the KIDS using these words. They also had a scene (albeit brief) were the boys oogling over women in the sports illustrated bathing suit issue. Call me old fashioned, but this is not what I want my kids watching.
Parent of a 6 and 7 year old Written byJaxDad24 May 26, 2014

Common Sense got it way wrong

I grew up loving The Mighty Ducks movies and wanted to share them with my 6 and 7 year old. I routinely check CSM for a heads up on the content so I can decide whether to show it to the kids. CSM must've watched another movie - or possibly the edited for TV version. There was MUCH more profanity than CSM acknowledges. Frequent uses of "hell", "damn", "ass" and "God/Oh my God, etc". "Bastard" and "bitch" even make an appearance. Other non-profanity words "idiot", "pissed", "sucks" are thrown in. I was really disappointed - not so much in the movie - it could be expected from a movie targeted towards older kids/teens. But when I checked CSM, I thought, "Great! This will be ok for mine." I'm not really sure how to trust CSM from here on.