Parent reviews for The Mighty Ducks

Classic kids' sports movie has some iffy humor, language.

Parent of a 6 and 7-year-old Written byJaxDad24 May 26, 2014

Common Sense got it way wrong

I grew up loving The Mighty Ducks movies and wanted to share them with my 6 and 7 year old. I routinely check CSM for a heads up on the content so I can decide whether to show it to the kids. CSM must've watched another movie - or possibly the edited for TV version. There was MUCH more profanity than CSM acknowledges. Frequent uses of "hell", "damn", "ass" and "God/Oh my God, etc". "Bastard" and "bitch" even make an appearance. Other non-profanity words "idiot", "pissed", "sucks" are thrown in.

I was really disappointed - not so much in the movie - it could be expected from a movie targeted towards older kids/teens. But when I checked CSM, I thought, "Great! This will be ok for mine." I'm not really sure how to trust CSM from here on.

Adult Written bySummersault88 May 9, 2020

Surprised by the rating! But shows it's age

I'm glad we watched this with my 7 year old! He laughed throughout most of the movie and there are some positive messages. I guess we're not as sensitive to some of the foul language. However the movie does show its age. The CSM review neglected to mention that it's the main character who drives drunk and who gets community service for that these days. Also the opposing coach has his players attempt to knock out a player on the other team to get him out of the game. The role of girls and minorities on the teams also stands out. The Hawks don't have any girls or minorities just white boys (presumedly rich). The ducks have minorities and do recruit 2 girls but they feel like an afterthought to the team.

Adult Written byGoldfinch1985 July 6, 2021

Great movie, although bad language spoils it.

My daughter loved this movie, but we did have to gloss over frequent inappropriate language. The general message was good and my daughter loved the underdog story line.

Adult Written byfonzieg April 25, 2015

Edgy, but fun sports flick is a genuine classic!

If your kids love hockey, then show them this movie, it's a fun, edgy, and very entertaining sports comedy with heart, and won't ruin their intelligence!