Kid reviews for The Monuments Men

Fact-based adventure with a few bloody battle scenes.

Kid, 11 years old March 16, 2014

A Bit Disappointing, Good History Lesson

I thought that this would be better, as the topic is something I am interested in. There is some swearing, but only occasionally. The violence includes a disturbing scene in a hospital, with bloody patients all around. You also see 2 characters die. Claire Simone wants a man to stay the night at her apartment, but he doesn't. I thought that while the plot was weak, he actors were good.

Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2014

15????????????

There is swearing, blood, and a little gore but the only thing that might make it 15 is a scene where there is a barrel or two with golden teeth from jews.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie man 15 March 9, 2014

Better than it looks

I didn't under stand why it didn't get good reviews but than my dad said that it didn't get good reviews because it was different and star Wars probably didn't get good reviews cause it was different a light bulb went on in my head I got it swearing s--- no further it's the best

Kid, 11 years old February 19, 2014

Great Movie

I think it is ok if you know about world war two and about what went on. Two of the men die but not that bloody. And after one dies trying to save a piece of art work but fails and the monuments men try to get back what he died for.

Teen, 15 years old Written byManOfMidNights February 17, 2014

It's ok, but comedy?

Why make it a comedy? This could have been a really good drama film, but I was surprised at the comedic route it took . . . and sort of disappointed. It had character deaths, heavy and depressing themes, nice amounts of blood, and comedy . . . doesn't really fit in well, now, does it? Well, the blood was never spilled in sadistic gunfights, but rather in usually depressing and slow deaths. With that said, there actually wasn't that much. I don't remember ever seeing a person's body while it got shot. Only the aftermath (with only blood, not limbs or bones sticking out of place). I don't remember much language. It was as clean as a PG-13 war movie. Some cussing, but nothing escalated. Don't worry about sex. There isn't anything worse that you would see in a Disney movie. Smoking is present, but nothing illegal. The movie is a bit depressing, but not inappropriate. It has a good story, good moral lessons, good characters, and all the likes. The execution wasn't the ABSOLUTE best, but I enjoyed watching it. If only it was a drama and ditched the comedic lines. Still, pretty good. The comedy wasn't TOO overpowering and somewhat incorporated well into the story. There wasn't a one-liner in the middle of a death scene. EDIT: Oh yeah. I forgot about the actors. The only problem with that was the lead actor. He was ok, but he got HORRIBLY overpowered by the (very old and experianced) supporting cast.

Kid, 10 years old December 10, 2014

Not a good movie

Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2014

MonumentsMen

Monuments Men is a good WWll movie and not as violent as in the trailers.

Kid, 12 years old August 4, 2014

A PBS doceumentary on steroids.

This movie is suitable for 9-year-olds, however it is long and boring. One major character dies, there is some gunfire, drinking, and occasional swearing. Other wise it should be suitable for any kid, 9 or older, who can endure it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 February 9, 2014

slow wartime drama has great acring but confusing plot

I wanted to like this movie a lot, but I couldn't bring myself to. although the movie has good acting, cinematography, and set design, all that can't save the sluggish pacing and plot that leads viewers off track. but if any history buff is interested, the movie is fine for teens. people are shot, but with no blood and only 2 people die. there is one explosion, and implied Holocaust talk. there is scattered language, continuous smoking, and a brief shot of naked breasts in a painting.

Kid, 8 years old May 14, 2015

Violent, boring war film is slow and boring.

My rating PG-13 for: war violence, bloody images, and language.
Kid, 10 years old December 5, 2014

Not too iffy.

Great movie! 4/5 stars. Violence: 3/5 Language: 3/5 Drinking: 3/5 I didn't expect there to be too much swearing but there was more than I expected. Common Sense said a 2/5 language. That made me think there wasn't much in language. Along with the violence. It has great and important messages about culture.

Kid, 11 years old October 21, 2014

Disappointing movie

Violence- 2 Swearing- 1 Drinking, Drugs and Smoking- 1

Teen, 14 years old Written byTom04 September 18, 2018

Bit disappointing. But all right

Tiny bit of gore. Not enough of battle scenes but really intriguing

Teen, 13 years old Written byzombieface August 9, 2015

Holy ---- this was horrible

Dont waste your time with this. I lost what was going on about 10 minutes in. I only knew the jokes were jokes becuase a ton of old people in theatre were laughing a lot. This is so boring. Great idea, horrible execution.