Parent reviews for The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor Poster Image

hunters review

i think it is a little too violent for kids under 11

Not the best movie, but ok. for 10 and up.

The only concern I would consider is the violence and scary scenes. No bad language to speak of. As far as quality, nothing like the first two Mummy movies. Has gone down hill

The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

A good movie for kids. As for myself, didnt like it all that much.

perfect for kids and teens

i think it is good for kids and teens

Action-Packed, Funny, and Completely Enjoyable!

The only things keeping THE MUMMY: TOMB OF THE DRANGON EMPORER from being a 5-star movie are the length of a couple sequences that run too long and a couple of parts that are just too implausible. Other than that, it is an awesome film. Now, I haven't seen the second MUMMY film (just this and the first), but I can say that this is probably the best in the franchise. A witty script, perfectly timed action, impeccable humor and acting, and pervasive edge-of-your seat suspense make this film perfectly enjoyable. However, it is very violent. The violence is almost constant, and, while most of it isn't graphic, some of it it. People disintegrate into mud while burning alive, a man explodes in a pool of blood while melting, and people and mummies alike are shot, stabbed, and blown to high heaven. Language is frequent but mild: "a*s", "d**n", "h*ll", and "SOB". There are a few playful, harmless sexual innuendos between a husband and wife.

Not good!!

I think the first mistake they made was recasting the leading female. If for some reason the actress/actor who carried the roll in the first two movies can't or won't come back for a third....get rid of that character and introduce a new one. Death, divorce, whatever, but don't recast. We viewers aren't that dumb. Mind you, the actress is a great actress, so it's not her fault. Second, um, he wasn't even a mummy. Ok, it had it's violence, but if you saw the first two, it wouldn't be a surprise. Most of the special effects were very well done and always Jet Li is fantastic.