Kid reviews for The NeverEnding Story

Boy bibliophile becomes part of fantasy tale.

Kid, 11 years old March 27, 2012

saw when i was 8, never forgot one scene.........

the scene where the horse dies upset me greatly, no young kids!
Kid, 11 years old February 27, 2015

BORING!!!

SUPER BORING, LONG AND SCARY!!!! THE HORSE DIES :( DON'T WATCH!

Teen, 16 years old Written byCozymonster Bigman22 June 9, 2014

"There upon a rainbow, is the answer to a NeverEnding Story!"

I think the movie is the best. Although there is one violent scene in it. When Atreyu stabs the scary-looking bear in stomach, I did not see that coming. And, by the way, how did Warner Bros. make the Rock Biter, the huge turtle and Luck Dragon so huge?! That is totally cool. And the Nothing, when I was little, that totally got me freaked out! But that totally made sense, the Nothing is a sign to the end of the world of Fantasia. (And I'm not talking about the movie "Fantasia", I'm talking of the land!) Still, a great family movie for all ages.

Teen, 13 years old Written byOod April 6, 2013

Dear God, make it stop!

This is the worst movie I have ever seen. I would give it zero stars if I could. However, other than disturbingly bad acting, this is a completely tame film for young kids. There are much better movies for little kids out there. P.S. If you're thinking "Well, he's just too old to enjoy it!", I assure you, I was 8 when i saw it.

Kid, 12 years old April 11, 2011

A timeless masterpiece for people 8 to 80

This is the best movie ever. I love it but it may frighten younger viewers. There's a lot of scary stuff, from some of the characters, a dark atmosphere (at some points), corpses and blood. Some of the statues are topless that parents might not want their children to see. Colourful, imagintive and cheerful is how I describe this movie.

Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 12, 2011

LOVE THIS MOVIE!

really good movie.its very interesting.i cried when the horse died from sinking in the mud.Atreyu is a good role model. even when things get hard and his horse dies he keeps going.

Kid, 8 years old July 22, 2015

awesome movie

awesome movie but there is a sad part where a horse dies in a swap and a scary part where a wolf dies with a sharp rock

Teen, 13 years old Written byblah23 November 15, 2011

I am 13 years old and i think this movie is more worth it for childeren between 8-11 years old
Teen, 14 years old Written byallyra99 June 23, 2010

Okay!

Definitely cleaner than the book.

Educational Value
Kid, 8 years old September 27, 2009
THIS IS THE COOLEST MOVIE EVER!

Kid, 8 years old April 7, 2016

Amazing movie!

This movie is about not giving up on your dreams. There are a few scary bits, but it was a really really good movie. My favourite character was the dragon. He looked nice and he was kind. He was a luck dragon. The movie was different to how I expected it to be.

Kid, 12 years old July 13, 2012

Kind of lame but ok

I was just flipping through the channels on the television and I found this movie. To be honest I thought the effects were lame but it was the 80"s so what did I expect??? I guess it was just ok but I think that all ages can watch it!!!!:)

Kid, 8 years old August 23, 2017

lmahil.

The neverending story is a drama and fantasy film . There is tragedy and death in this film. There is violence like when Gahmorke the evil beast try's to kill Atrau. This is a good film for kids 10+.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBugsyJuno1314 January 29, 2017

Creepy.

I watched The NeverEnding Story when I was around 8 and my family and I were too bored to finish. My sister fell asleep twenty minutes in. The only scene that stayed in my mind after it was shut off was the scene with the poor horse slowly dying. Talk about depressing, and actually quite terrifying to young children. I definitely would not recommend this movie to families with children under 11, if anybody at all.
Kid, 9 years old November 9, 2016

AWESOME MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Movie is EXTREMLY good. I watched at 8 and will never forget it.

Kid, 7 years old October 5, 2015

Scary but great!

I loved the ending but at times it got scary like when the wolf wanted to eat Atreyu. And when the Sphinx's lasers were going to kill Atreyu, I was so scared that I ran out of room! I hope you like the show too.

Teen, 15 years old Written byBanzaiwashout March 15, 2016

The best fantasy movie of all time!

Like, no joke, Lord of the rings sucks when compared to this masterpiece. The message is great for anyone, and it actually makes you want to pick up a book and get lost in it. 5/5 a masterpiece!

Teen, 16 years old Written byrlg_22 July 16, 2017

Great movie with great message! Can be disturbing at times

This is movie is one of my all time favorites. I watched it first when I was 8 and loved it! It teaches kids about never giving up and also about the importance of reading and the joy that can come from it. I would definitely recommended this book to kids who are 7 and +. There is a scene where the horse drowns in a swamp and it is depressing and disturbing and when the nothing is killed it could be scary for younger kids. This is a great movie and all kids should see it! The graphics are not very good and didn't hold up but it doesn't take away from how good it is! Definitely watch this fantasy film with your kids!

Kid, 9 years old January 29, 2017

A great movie that kids will never forgit

I love this movie! For little kids it might be scary. It's a good fantasy movie. Theres a bad wolf and he's a little scary. This movie is not for little children!