All teen and kid member reviews for The Nightmare Before Christmas

Kid, 11 years old October 18, 2010

Pretty cool movie!

I LOVED this movie! It had a nice storyline and I love Jack! He's a good role model and means no harm. There was a lot of singing, too. Overall, nice movie to watch on Chrismas or Halloween!
Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2010

Might be O.K. for 5 year old's.

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!! I think it is violent but a mature 6 year old can take it. There is very creepy things when they (defeat) Oogie his cloth is torn off and his body is just a bundle of bugs that might be a bit scary for 6 year old's. Of course all in all it's a very good movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byLLorenzen59 October 29, 2010

e.g. An Insperation

I am a 12 year old girl and i just watched this movie for the first time today.At first i thought it was, not only wierd, but also creepy. But throughout the first quarter of the movie I stard to understand the message of it. To me it was telling that you dont always need to go looking for something better. be pleased with what you have. it says that if you really believe in something to go for it, even if you make a few mistakes, there will be atleast one person in this world who loves you and backs you up. I really love this movie because my brother and cousin both comitted suicide this year. it made me think about all of the people that love me and loved them and that i need to never forget that. this movie is an insperation in my life
Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2011

Love This Movie So Much

First off, this is one of THE greatest movies ever! My only concern is it is a little scary for the younger generation.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp March 12, 2011

NO KIDS AT ALL!! Very disturbing, graphic horror sequences.

Suggested MPAA Rating: R for graphic horror sequences and disturbing images throughout. Do not let kids watch, it is actually a movie targeted for adults. Verrrrry disturbing.
Kid, 10 years old August 11, 2010

Read 2 Find out

THIS IS THE BEST THING YOU COULD WATCH!!! All you people that say its scary or bad,you are crazy! I was Sally for halloween. unforgettable music, JACK IS ADORABLE (i called my cat after him ^^)My favorite evr. please see. JACK AND SALLY 4EVER!
Teen, 15 years old Written byoceanbby January 31, 2015

Amazing!

This is one of my favorite movies, not scary at all! I don't see why some people say it's for 17+, it just shows creepy characters, and tge two main characters kiss at the end, but it's silhouetted. Also, I know a 5 year-old who watched this without getting scared. Great movie!
Kid, 11 years old March 31, 2009

My fav movie

This is the best movie in the whole entire world!
Kid, 11 years old October 13, 2015

Sexy animated film

Well, I have to rate this 9+ because it is a little scary for young kids. Jack takes of his head for a moment. The Boogie Man tortures Santa Claus after he is captured by goblins. Kids scream at their toys handed by Jack Skelton. Bullets and Misles fire at Jack Skelton. The Boogie Man falls apart into worms. In one scene, Sandy distracts the Boogie Man by showing him her leg. He says "how lovely" and picks it up. Some kissing between Jack Skelton and Sandy. Overall, it was pretty good.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLuke34 September 25, 2015

A nightmare of a movie.

This movie is a complete disaster. TERRIBLY depressing and dreary. Maybe it was just because we watched this two weeks before christmas. But I was expecting a little more evenness as far as screen time between Christmas and Halloween. Nope. Not only was Christmas on the screen for about two minutes, if that, but Jack Pumpkinhead (the main character) destroyed everything good about Christmas (and not in a fun way, like in How the Grinch Stole Christmas). The music was terrible (and it was almost like a musical...a musical, animated horror story. Yeah, it was weird...) The animation wasn't bad (it was slightly cool, actually.) Too bad everything else had to ruin it.
Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2011

An okay musical

This movie is okay. I'm not a fan of musicals, but this is my favorite. For younger kids it is a bit scary at the beginning. I would not let kids under 5 watch this.
Teen, 14 years old Written byshanno15 March 20, 2010

This is a really good movie, I love that jack and sally end up a couple it's so cute!
Teen, 16 years old Written bydanny 7000 August 4, 2015

the nightmare before christmas is not for little kids

i think the nightmare before Christmas is a amazing movie but its not for little kids because its really creepy and dark a character chops off a dolls head with a guilituine at the begining you see skeletons hanging from nooses a guy has a butcher knife in his head and the villain bogeys death is really vilonte his skin gets torn off and a bunch of bugs fall into a lava pit and the last bug is squashed by santa clause with that being said i don't think the nightmare before Christmas is a kids movie and i don't recommend it for anyone under the age of 13
Kid, 10 years old December 28, 2014

good movie

This is a good Halloween and Christmas movie but the film is creepy and one slimy character Mr Oogybogey dies at the end
Teen, 13 years old Written byGetInTheView October 3, 2014

One Of My Favorite Childhood Movies

It's kinda creepy but other than that it's fine. Maybe a little bit scary for young children.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHorror_Movie_Lover September 4, 2014

Great "scary" movie for little kids

Great scary movie for little kids, tell them it is a horror movie when they watch it xD (lol jk). A classic Tim Burton film, one of my favorites that he has written. Great message of being thankful for what you have. The boogie man might scare little kids, I remember I was scared of him xD. Overall, great movie to see ON HALLOWEEN with your family.
Kid, 11 years old May 26, 2011

A little bit scary but really good, 8+

This movie was really good and thought-provoking. Brilliant story about a skeleton who lives in the Halloween world and travels to the Christmas world. He then tries to bring Christmas to the Halloween world but it doesn't work out. Another masterpiece from Tim Burton.
Teen, 13 years old Written byhannahdug February 8, 2016

A MUST SEE!!!

Fantastic film for Halloween and Christmas! I love this movie! I think this movie would be best for 8+ because it has a lot of spooky Halloween creatures in it that might frighten kids under this age. It tells the story of Jack Skellington who is king of Halloween town but gets bored of the same routine of scaring people on Halloween night. He accidentally stumbles along Christmas Town and wants to turn Halloween into Christmas. A scene where Jack hands out scary gifts to kids on Christmas Eve might creep younger kids out a little bit, three kids kidnap Santa and sing a song about "chopping him into bits." There's a gross villain Oogie Boogie man who tortures Santa which could also upset kids. Running through the plot, is a romantic side story involving a Frankenstein like rag doll called Sally and her love for Jack Skellington. There is no strong violence or sex or drinking. If you haven't seen it go watch it because the characters are amazing and the songs are great. :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnastasiaz January 30, 2016