All teen and kid member reviews for The Notebook

Kid, 11 years old May 17, 2010
The BEST love story EVER... also the saddest... FANTASTIC but prepare a tissue box!! (:
Teen, 13 years old Written bycullenlovato81396 May 16, 2010
Teen, 14 years old Written byMrsOrlandoBloom14 May 4, 2010

e.g. Perfect for romantic girls, but younger children may get bored...

I am a 14 year old girl, and I think this film is amazing. It makes you cry, because you really feel part of the story. It is even better if you have read the book, because you really understand what is going on, but I personally prefered the film anyway...One of my alltime favorites. Younger kids may find it boring, but girls aged 13+ who like a bit of romance will love it...
Kid, 11 years old March 5, 2011

Perfect for teens who love to cry

Personaly, I loved the book. I read it when I was around the age 10. I'm a more advanced reader and more mature than the majority of my friends. Though the sexual content was a little too heavy in the movie for me. If you would like to show this movie to your 11 year old daughter, tell her to walk out and re-enter during the sexual scene. The movie though was amazing to me! The Notebook will probably make you weep like a little baby :0)
Teen, 17 years old Written byVirginia D. August 12, 2014

Classic Love Story

This is probably one of the most classic and romantic love stories ever. Period. Allie and Noah are depictions of true, real, everlasting, and endless love. Sure, they are flawed and human but they are also good people who try to do the right thing most of the time. This story is beautiful and shows that true, unconditional love can overcome anything. (Another plus, just look at those 1940's era costumes!) However, parents of any children ages 12 and under should be cautioned. This film is rated PG-13 for a reason, the sexual content is very strong, though nothing graphic is shown the love scenes, especially the second one are both lengthy and passionate. There is also very mild war violence, and a very emotional death scene. Overall though, this movie is beautiful and probably alright for any teenagers ages 13 and older.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 16, 2011

check out my page for more awesome recommendations

The good stuff * Messages: The movie's ultimate message is that true love conquers all. But there are also less-positive takeaways influenced by the time in which the movie takes place -- people of color are often portrayed as subservient, and both Ali and her mother say: "I am a stupid woman," as though repeating a truism that they have learned. * Role models: Though it's romantic to watch characters fall in love so wholly and stay devoted to each other, some of the choices that the lovers make -- like cheating on a relationship and lying to family members -- don't qualify as role model behavior. What to watch out for * Violence: Noah and Finn are engaged in active duty during World War II. There's a bomb raid that incurs heavy losses. Ali nurses soldiers who have lost limbs. Noah and Ali fight passionately -- so much so that she hits and slaps him. Some poignant deaths. * Sex: Steamy passion between the two young lovers. Lots of making out and heavy petting, and characters undress in front of each other (only their shoulders are shown). A fairly graphic lovemaking scene (again, just shoulders visible, plus a brief glimpse of breast from the side). * Language: Words/phrases used include "d--n," "crap," "godd--mit," "son of a bi-ch," and "pain in the a-s." * Consumerism: Not an issue. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: A 17-year-old smokes a cigar. Adults drink cocktails, wine, champagne, and beer. Noah goes on a 10-day drinking binge. Characters drink in excess to ease pain or to lessen their inhibitions. Most meals are accompanied by alcohol.
Kid, 12 years old February 20, 2013

Sex...

I've seen this movie and I'm 12..but honestly there was a lot of sex. And the girl was engaged at one time, and the other she was just a young teenager. But its such a great romance. If you skip those parts its a great movie to watch!
Teen, 16 years old Written bySummerGaal May 25, 2012

Just, no.

I was very excited to finally be old enough to watch this(I was about 14 or 15 at the time), as my cousins had always built it up to be the 'perfect love story'. And, if the movie had solely shown the characters in their elderly years, I would've liked it a lot better, and maybe even enjoyed it. They didn't, of course, and this has now become one of my least favorite movies of all time. Noah, Allie, and fellow friends are little more than flat, extremely promiscuous characters. It's hard to feel anything for Noah and Allie, or even see that they actually love each other. All I could see was that they wanted to "be with each other". Both love scenes created some very awkward moments for me, as I was stuck with either watching and feeling raped myself, or staring blankly at the floor. I chose the latter. And finally, when the tear-jerking ending came about, I was literally sitting there pinching myself so that I would cry at least a little. I was actually relieved that it was over. In short, breathing through my mouth for two hours would've been a better choice.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMiranda B. May 18, 2012

This romance ties Tristan & Isolde for my favorite love story!

This is no syrupy romance, this is romance at its finest! The language (the little that there is) is only used during funny, meaningful moments and is not senselessly used. There is obviously going to be sexual elements to the film, considering it is centered around Noah and Ali's relationship. I just want to say something, 'heavy petting'? I'm not exactly sure what that entails but it was not in this movie. It sounds like it belongs in an R rated movie... There is two scenes where Noah and Ali are naked and having sex. It is not revealing or over the top at all. Now I NEVER cry while watching movies. Only a few have made me tear up a little (Toy Story 3 and The Help, to name a couple), but this movie made me bawl! It was soooo beautiful and sooooo sad! This movie is amazing and I recommend it to everyone that loves an amazing romance. Comments? Questions? Concerns? Email me: ogormanscommonsense at yahoo
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovie/gamefan January 14, 2013

The Notebook movie review

The notebook is a film of romance and sweet sweet endings that will make you cry. the films cast ryan gosling and rachal mc adams star as the two love birds who meet each other at a carnival i give it a pause because its actully not meant for teens without covering there eyes but i do recommend it
Teen, 13 years old Written byjjacobs343 January 19, 2011

Good for 12+

Teen, 13 years old Written byLesMis_Vampette December 10, 2013

AMAZING MOVIE!!!

Two sex scenes, not too strong, however some children may be uncomfortable or awkward during them as they are just a little bit too long for comfort. A 13 year old should be fine with this, and in general it would be perfect for a girlie sleepover or night in. Great acting and emotional movie. LOVED IT!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byBishopberry August 15, 2010

Fabulous Love Story

This movie is a sweet depiction of two people from different social classes falling in love. They break up though they are still in love and your heart breaks along with theirs. Then the story becomes about their journey to find someone else they can love or to find each other again. It will make you laugh, cry, and smile. I think this movie is a good watch for almost anyone. I also really like Rachel McAdams.
Teen, 13 years old Written byalmostfamousbeauty December 28, 2013

A LOVELY movie

A great movie if you are a hopeless romantic or love to cry! In general there is a lot of kissing, laughable moments, slap-in-the-face moments, and more kissing. There are 2 and a half sex scenes, some drinking (they are legal age for those who drink) and smoking. There is a positive message at the end that love is the most important and hat you should follow YOUR heart and no one else's.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycarlyfay1415 August 6, 2013

Sweet, but sexy

This movie was really sweet and sad at times, but sometimes you just can't help but laugh at the silliness of it, like when Noah hangs on the ferris wheel, the bird scene etc. The movie has a sad, but good ending, all though the best scene of the whole movie was cut (in the deleted scenes, "Duke" explains how the notebook came to be). It was a little too sexy for me in some parts though, so just fast forward through those parts. Overall it was sweet and sappy, but not too overtly cheesy. The elderly Noah and Allie (particularly Noah) demonstrate real and true love better than young Noah and Allie do though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBridgetAmador February 1, 2014

Sexy Romance for Teens

I Ioved the Notebook! Some undressing, making out, and you can see one characters nude profile clearly, but that's all. Positive messages!
Kid, 10 years old July 27, 2014

Very good acting

Good movie but has inappropriate content but no nudity.
Kid, 12 years old January 31, 2014
It's great for mature kids.
Kid, 9 years old April 24, 2016

Shockingly graphic and extremely mature romance movie has nudity/sex.

My rating:R for a scene of graphic strong sexual content and language.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybiovox14 July 28, 2016
Thought this movie was great when James Garner came in but he and his wife were the best part other than that there was alot of sex stuff and some language