Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 38 parent reviews

Sort by:

Boring and predictable

With a demonic nun one would expect this film to be better or at the very least interesting. It’s neither. There is no suspense, no sense of dread, nothing. The characters are one-dimensional and bland, and the audience couldn’t care less about what happens to them next. The plot itself is nonsensical and plain stupid. Everything about this movie is so incredibly dull one can only wish for the demonic nun to kill them all and be done with it already. This film is probably scary for impressionable teenagers, because it certainly isn’t for mature audiences. There are descriptions of suicide, lots of blood, slashed skin, stabbing, dead bodies, burning bodies, a man is buried alive (but escapes), shooting, demonic possession and all that stuff. There is some strong language and drinking (wine, beer, etc.) but it’s not inappropriate. There is no nudity nor sexual content, however the farmer boy keeps flirting with a novice for some reason.

1 person found this helpful.

boring

it tried to hard to be scary and then its just stupid the end is dumb.

1 person found this helpful.

Good start into the horror genre

Great considering showing to my Christian parents, good messages I haven't seen the other conjuring movies "I'm watching in chronological order" tbh this is the first REAL horror movie I've seen and I loved it

Not as bad as you may think

trust me, this movie is fine. if you want the real review, here it is. it genuinely concerns me a little that this is rated the same as terrifier. if you've seen both you know how bad terrifier is to this, yet it is the same rating. the nun should be PG 13. and thats max. ill admit that there is a lot of blood and gore, so kids under 13 probably will be a little creeped out. but in my opinion, once a kid reaches about 12 i would feel totally fine letting them watch this. if any younger, just make sure to talk to them about the topics of suicide and stuff like that which is more PG 13 material. happy watching.

Boring and predictable

Jump scares were predicable, the characters made stereotypically dumb choices, and it was quite boring. Some scenes seem added just to put in another jump scare. Watch if you want, but I don’t recommend it.

It’s fine for mature tweens.

Honestly, I would have absolutely no problem with my 11 year old watching horror movies (such as this one) because I know he’s mature and he doesn’t get scared. Overall, I think this movie can be okay for a very mature 9 year old, a mature 11 year old, and a 13 year old.

Just a little Violence

I would say that even a 9 ur old could watch this but there is quite some violence but I really don’t understand why it is rated R it should be PG-13 but I guess not. If your child is older than 12 they should be fine I watched it before O let my kid watch it and I should have just let them watch it because this is not an R rated movie at all. There is absolutely no sex or drugs and it’s just some violence and that’s it please let your kids watch this it isn’t as bad as it seems.

This isnt even scary lmfao

as an 11 year old kid i do not even think this thing is scary... Like even annabelle that isnt scary at all was more scary than this shit... It's literally an kid movie, They dont swear, there's no sex, There's no violence. It's not scary AT ALL...

An Okay and dull entry to the conjuring universe

Its Violent for sure but it has very dull characters, story, plot, Basically everything is dull so i don't recommend it