Parent reviews for The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature

Animated comedy is forgettable but promotes teamwork.

Parent of a 11 and 11 year old Written byTristin H. August 12, 2017

I don't care if it's animated. It's not for small children.

The movie is violent, disturbing. Dogs vomit to give other dogs food. A girl bites off heads of dolls. Not to mention the people getting beat up by mice, squished by billboards and other things. Not to violent but I would recommend pretend and up. Cause it's not the family friendly sequel to the family friend original.

Adult Written byCassandra M. August 18, 2017

Very Disappointing!

I am real disappointed with the makers of this movie.. I was shocked as more of the movie played I didn't see any other color of skin except white people. This is obviously a city movie and I am unsure why only white people were highlighted. Not only white only but most of them were displayed as rich, greedy people. This movie had some dark twisted little inserts like a mouse wrapping his tail around another animals neck, you see an animal fall then another image of it lying on the ground. The intense destruction scenes (for a kid movie/cartoon) made me as a grown up feel like I was watching current day news. What happened to keeping our children's innocent and making sure hate isn't spread? I do not recommend this movie to others or their families.
Adult Written byRobert B August 11, 2017

Awful!

The problem is the story and the dialogue won't entertain anyone over seven at the oldest. However, the movie is covered in violence. So while the seven year olds and probably much younger set are being entertained, they're also being exposed to lots and lots of violence. Because of that, you shouldn't bring any real young kids to this movie. But on the flip side, nobody eight and older will enjoy it because the script is that bad. What a mess of a movie. Don't bother. Seriously.

Adult Written byLisa H. August 19, 2017

We walked out

We went to the movies to pass part of a rainy afternoon during our vacation. We didn't watch the first Nut Job movie, so I can't compare the two films. Almost immediately, I was thinking, "What weak humor and lazy writing; I wonder if it's good enough to seem entertaining to my seven year old." But then every human character we saw in the first 30 minutes was either vicious/violent/malicious toward animals and nature, or utterly passive. Among the lowlights were a groundhog getting a golfball stuck in its mouth and then being chased by a cart of crazed golfers, one of whom was wildly swinging a golf club at the animal, shouting about how you have to 'hit it where it lies,' and a greedy mayor hitting a man with his car and then using his wipers to swipe him off his windshield as the victim said, "hey, I voted for you!" Whatever message may have been looming about the animals working together and not taking the easy, lazy path through life would not have been worth sitting through another minute, so we left. Plenty of people with toddlers weee still watching, so of course opinions will vary. I'm only writing this because for me personally, seeing a review like this beforehand would have been appreciated.

Adult Written byYena Y. August 15, 2017

Good!!

It was great! I enjoyed this movie!!
Adult Written byCatherine C. September 4, 2017

This movie has no redeeming value.

This is one of the worst children's movies I have ever seen. Every single person in this movie is mean, cruel, vindictive, heartless, and violent in one way or another. Even the child in this movie doesn't feed her dog. Personally, I don't consider people acting at their worst as entertainment. This movie was ultimately about saving a park, and yet not one person during the course of the movie ever spoke out or fought for the preservation of the park. This movie sorely lost out on an opportunity to really teach the children in the audience about urban wildlife and animal and environmental conservation. There was nothing in the story line or the characters that was in any way redeeming. It was a complete waste of my time and money and I didn't enjoy leaving it feeling upset by the overall message of the movie. Not only that, there wasn't any diversity in the movie. Shame on the actors and producers for creating such a vile movie.

Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byHendo H. U December 28, 2017

not as good as first

Parent Written byErika G. October 30, 2017

Terrible Movie

I saw ir yesterday and my girl was scared even wanted to close her eyes. A lot of violence and bad words. It is not a movie for children. The principal characters are fighting all the time.

Parent Written bySenior Casas Adobes March 10, 2018

Good Message, Funny and Heart Warming Story, Beautiful Animation

Pros: *Good & Positive Messages: Teamwork, strong work ethic, caring for one another, determination, sustainability, and caring for communities. *Funny and Heart Warming Story: Lots for laughs for both kids and adults. It is a story about loving one another and confronting evil with goodness. *Beautiful Animation: Super high quality and top notch animation. Cons: * There are a couple scenes where the violence is a little too extreme, but it is very much worth still watching. OVERALL, FANTASTIC FAMILY MOVIE!

Adult Written byJacob F. May 3, 2018

over the hedge is better

Pulp Fiction is my favorite Film P.s im a really good runner and im good at tabbing P.s im in the cross country team and i rate this film 5 star