Kid reviews for The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature

Animated comedy is forgettable but promotes teamwork.

Teen, 14 years old Written byericcreel August 11, 2017

Oh lord, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

KIDS DO NOT WAN'T TO WATCH EVER AGAIN!

Teen, 14 years old Written byDravenW August 21, 2017

Horrible Messages For Females

This movie was a terrible example for young girls. The two main characters consist of a reckless good for nothing squirrel and a very intelligent female character who is constantly in the position of tending to his needs, even though he treats her horribly. She tells him that they need him, and that she believes in him even though his character does not change, and she never takes charge of a situation when she should and very well could. The worst part, is that this is the relationship we should look up to. The intelligent female should not be constantly massaging the shoulders (metaphorically) of the character that constantly leaves her and puts her down. There is also violence and is surprisingly deep and intense for a children's movie. Do not take children to watch it if you are looking for a good example of a good relationship. It would be one thing if the main character got better and realized his mistakes throughout the movie, but he does not, and she tends to his every need like he is a poor baby, and when she gives good advise that would make him a better person/squirrel he puts her down as a bummer of a person/squirrel. As a female, this movie made me very angry, because it portrays us in the old fashioned way of saying our job is to only tend to the strong male leader, and we cannot do anything for ourselves, unless he says we can do it. If you do show this movie to kids, please at least tell them why that relationship is not one to look up to. (The only good relationship is between the dog characters because it shows progress and they treat each other well with apologies, forgiveness and simply appreciating each other).

Kid, 6 years old August 11, 2017

Good movie

This movie is about squirrels who used to live in the park and now in a nut shop. A bad guy made the park an amusement park. I saw this movie in the theater August 10th and I'm 6. I thought that this movie was good.

Teen, 17 years old Written bySono Sugoi N. August 20, 2017

Very Vicious for a Kid's film.

Nut Job 2 was a very unique kid's film for one reason: the two villans. The main one, the Mayor, was very sadistic. He was even willing to exterminate Surly and the other animals just to get money. His daughter was even more creepy. She tormented her dolls by taking off their heads in a very black humor way. But these scenes are not graphic, this a kid's film, not horror. This is just what the villans do. But the protagionist Surly learns a good lesson about leadership and hard work. One of the other antiheros learns that all animals are equal becuase of Surly. There is no language, only one kiss, and some breif drinking. Good for 8 years and older.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHolly Manny November 27, 2017

AMAZING!!!

THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!! My little brother is 6 and he LOVED this movie!!! I’m 13 and even I enjoyed it!!!!! IT WAS THE BEST!!!!! WAY BETTER THAN THE FIRST ONE!!!!

Kid, 9 years old September 13, 2017

Better than the first one for sure! See The First One Before (important)

Teen, 13 years old Written byCornetplayer August 23, 2017

Great movie

I don't understand all of the bad reviews. It is to show you what YOU are doing to the animals.

Kid, 8 years old June 14, 2018

good movie

good stupid internet good out of 100% it might be 75%
Kid, 12 years old April 15, 2018

Who asked for a sequel? I didn't.

The first Nut Job was completely terrible. It's plot is so predictable with really stale humor and Surly is a unlikeable protagonist. This is not what I meant by. The Nut Job 2 has some improvement over the first film. But the extremely lazy plot and yet again, dull humor. Goes on. The animation still has improvement. Such as the character movements. But this is rather a pointless sequel that nobody even asked for.

Kid, 9 years old March 24, 2018

It is a gentle & sweet movie

It is to evilish. There is a rich guy trying to destroy a park to build an amusement park. But the movie is relaxing & sweet