Parent reviews for The Nut Job

Disappointing animal comedy features insults, fart jokes.

Parent Written byMovieTracker3 February 12, 2014

This movie is "Nut" funny

There is a poor plot, terrible jokes, and too much death. There is a scene where the squirrel smokes a cigarette and the jokes are sexist. Don't waste your time, money, and thought about this movie.

Parent of a 5 and 8-year-old Written bymadame pierre September 19, 2020

Not good quality

This movie had such a great cast, but bad jokes, violence, a confusing plot line, and cheap animation made it a thumbs down movie.

The importance of community is in there somewhere, but it is obscured by the greater risk of community being taken over by corruption.

I can’t think of anything redeeming. Even the Psy song at the end singing heeey sexy lady over and over again was bad.

Adult Written byRarityfan July 7, 2019

Inserts outdated Korean song hit from 2013

I can barely remember this, so this must be bad. Good for a boring Weekend with the family.

Parent of a 10, 12, and 15-year-old Written byHendo H. U December 28, 2017
Adult Written byBenjamin A. October 23, 2017

Over the Hedge Clone

Pro-environmentalist, anti-capitalist, and extremely crude. See my reviews on Over the Hedge and Furry Vengeance. Same rules apply to this film. Surly the squirrel is also a total jerk to everyone.
Parent of a 8-year-old Written byronansuperman January 4, 2017
Parent Written byEllie R. August 28, 2016

Parent Written bytcumming November 7, 2014

Really Funny Movie

really funny movie.
Adult Written bySJNBham August 8, 2014

Less than appropriate music during credits

When did Gangnam Style lyrics become appropriate for little kids?
Adult Written bymomto1amazingirl May 17, 2014

Boring, violent, and crude

It's a boring movie and the writers tried to make it more interesting with fart jokes. Lots of "nuts" references, some of which are highly inappropriate outside of the context of this movie. If your child is one to pick up lines from a movie, you wouldn't want them saying "I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut" later on. This would only be funny to the really young kids, but I don't think the jokes are appropriate for them. There is also quite a bit of violence. Watch this one alone and then decide if your kids should watch!

Parent of a 10 and 17-year-old Written byAngelos Tsiaklis January 21, 2014
Parent of a 9-year-old Written byBabbit January 20, 2014

To tell you the truth it's a bit squirrel-y

Once again this is a movie just for kids. It's clean (despite lots of farting...). It's not meant to impress adults; it will impress young kids (especially boys). The movie has a happy ending, it's not scary, the bad guys get caught and life goes on better than it had before... If you are looking to educate see a different movie. If you are looking to entertain kids on a rainy or snowy afternoon, book it! (I wouldn't take your gal tweens though.)

Adult Written bydontwanttochange January 17, 2014

My review of Nut job

I think that Nut job is ok for a certain age group.There is some violence throughout the movie but it is still a great movie. Nut job might be frightening to little kids because at times some characters fall or hurt themselves and it looks like they might be dead. But they are not. It is a fun movie for kids who can handle it.