All teen and kid member reviews for The Nut Job

Kid, 10 years old January 18, 2014

Not bad... for a movie that looks like a rip-off of "Over The Hedge"

This movie- of all means- definitely did have a pretty basic humor style. The Nut Job would- for sure- appeal to very young kids, and even if this movie is a little nuts, It's not as nuts as it was thought to be. there are a lot of fart jokes, and the humor is a little bland, but once the credits started rolling, the cast did the "Gangnam Style" dance, along with Psy(That was the best part of the whole movie). There's better choices out there, but if you have a pre-schooler, it would not be a bad idea to see this one.
Teen, 16 years old Written byyellowblossomflower February 8, 2014

I thought this would be as good as "Over the Hedge". Boy, was I wrong. The animation was honestly the only thing good about the movie. Believe me, you are better off watching Over the hedge, which is WAY better.
Teen, 14 years old Written byleakingrye January 19, 2014

thous movie suxs

Boo
Kid, 12 years old January 19, 2015

Poor Movie

This was probably the worst quality movie of all of 2014. There are also a lot of fart jokes, burp jokes, and terrible cast for a couple main characters (the Pug specifically). For 7 year olds. And to add all the sex! Not cool.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybakeranimator August 15, 2014

Oh, Where Do I Begin?

This movie was TERRIBLE for various reasons. First of all, it's completely unoriginal, they steal story ideas from Over The Hedge, practically rips designs from Disney, Warner Brothers, and Pixar (doesn't Buddy look an awful lot like Remi?) Not to mention even the basis of the story is from a student film created by the film's director. Also, most of the characters are extremely unlikeable, including our main character, Surly. Don't get me wrong, an unlikeable protaganist in a kid's movie isn't alays bad, as long as the character is redeemed by the end (See "All Dogs Go To Heaven" and "A Christmas Carol") but Surly is merely "somewhat redeemed" at best. Also, there are many strange editing choices that don't make a lick of sense. Also, what's up with Gangnam Style being in this movie, there's really no reason fo it to be there, it's not part of a joke, it's just... there. It was like all of the songs they used in Chicken Little (2005) Then again, the film was produced in South Korea, where PSY is from, so I guess they were just mixing some of their culture in here? I guess? Also... fart jokes. Why? Some occurences of them weren't even needed, like in the scene where Surly, and Buddy wake up after a night of eating nuts, and for no reason, they just start farting. They could've completly removed that sound effect, and you wouldn't have missed a beat. So yeah, parents, there are MUCH better films to take your kids to watch. I'd reccomend Frozen, and The Lego Movie.
Kid, 11 years old April 20, 2014

Only one good part.

Yeah, it's terrible, one of the worst a few of the characters die ( None of them being main.) And there is a heck lot of crude humour along with the terrible jokes. One of the squirrels hits on another one but she refuses. The only good part was the credits and those were halarlar. PSY comes in and dances with cast and PSY is animated ( Darn creepy too! ) Yeah, PSY may scare some children but oh well, it's funny. So, yeah,it's terrible.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGearWax February 9, 2017

NEVER watch this movie

Even if you're in the target audience, NEVER watch it. It's painful to see all the terrible, lazy animations meant for 8-year-olds with all their stupidity and fart jokes. But those at least deserve 2 stars. When you have a movie like this, that isn't even funny with stupidity and fart jokes, that's a real achivement. This is the worst movie I'd ever seen, and I saw the Super Mario Bros movie.
Kid, 12 years old August 13, 2014

Really good.

It's just like Over the Hedge, which I love. You guys will love it, especially your kids. I say buy it, two thumbs up and five stars. Yea, it's that good.
Kid, 9 years old February 18, 2014

Bad movie for kids

Kid, 9 years old February 6, 2014

HATE IT!!!!!!!!!

HATE IT!!!!!!!! too much trying to steal nuts!
Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2014

Torture

Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2016

Gross and Original.

This is basically a dumbed down animal cartoon. There is a load of disgusting humor which is really not my thing. It is kind of cute but as I said, gross and original. If you want a good animal movie, watch Zootopia or Over the Hedge, both of which I would suggest.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBen29oak November 16, 2016

Not bad, a little

To be fair, The Nut Job was just fine, but not the best. There is some humor that can pander to children and yes, the animation is horrible to look at, but characters learn about being selfless and respectful.
Kid, 5 years old June 16, 2016

Horrible Movie

Some potty humor and kind of scary.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBookworm300 January 28, 2016

Best kids movie I have seen in ages

This is a great movie. It shows kids that you should all ways share because if you are nice to other people they'll be nice to you. The movie was mostly about animals that fought a lot but in the end they worked together to feed all the animals for the winter. It also gave out the message that the bad people never win so it's better to be nice and share than be mean because if you're mean you will the the big loser in the end. My little sister loved this and so did my mam and I did to.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKujou Hikari July 19, 2015

It's for kids, LITERALLY

I sat through tis piece of garbage (part of it at least) while babysitting a 3 year old and a 7 year old kid. Let's just get this out of the way the plot is a rip off of Dreamworks' "Over The Hedge" a quite frankly better film. But a lot of this films problems stem form the fact that it seems to be marketing to very young kids. The only enjoyable thing about this film is the subplot about these guys that are trying to rob a bank, but that has to take a back seat to unfunny humor and a scene where the song "Gangam Style" just starts playing (why really?) Also that won't help the film look good in the next 10 years.
Kid, 9 years old July 2, 2015

This is good.

I am nuts.
Kid, 12 years old May 29, 2015

Appropriate but pretty stupid

To be honest, the movie is pretty stupid. It's kinda violent for younger kids,but it's mostly harmless cartoon humor. A guy wraps his hands around a guys neck. The main characters try to rob a hank and later get arrested. For the most part, its pretty stupid. I wouldn't waste my time again.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfluffy gizmo July 7, 2014

Good family film

Parents should know this film teaches a lesson about working as a team.This adventure is filled with jokes,slapstick and other material to keep your kids enjoying it.
Kid, 8 years old June 14, 2014

okay

Too much yelling, lying,fart jokes,ect. It is okay but could be better.