All parent member reviews for The Nutcracker in 3D

Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byellimatu November 30, 2010

please stop the horrifying images for kids

please take your child to see the nutcracker at the ballet or at least watch it on PBS. It is so magical, beautiful, makes a child wonder and think and find beauty. This movie has so many horrifying images - kids get enough of the terrible images on TV these days. There are things in this movie that scared me!
Parent of a 10 year old Written bylelik January 23, 2011

I love this movie, and my 10 year old son loves it too. We live in Europe. American mentality is just too shallow to understand that kind of movie. American parents don't understand that kids can think over difficult subjects. They can read meta messages. American mentality needs the movies with meaning chewed already. European movies differ in the way that they make you digest. They make you think. And Americans just don't like to think. As for violence in the movie, kids do have a lot of horrors (just read Freud about it). The director shows the typical children horror and proposes the solution to them (to overcome it). Americans don't understand that the main idea of the movie is to make kids understand that no magic things change life, but they themselves (that's why the fairy couldn't help). This understanding comes with thinking over characters' actions.
Adult Written byjohnnydepp November 2, 2011

INAPPROPRO

MARY IS TOO FIESTY AND WILL RUIN THE ECONOMY!!
Parent of a 5 year old Written byEricaP December 3, 2012

Mistitled Review

This review is for The Nutcracker: The Untold Story. The Nutcracker in 3D is a stage performance of the original ballet.
Parent of a 5 and 9 year old Written bygerberia December 15, 2012

Horrible Nazi-esque themed adaptation ruins Christmas

Horrible warped representation of a magical children's holiday classic. Full of holocaust imagery, rats in military garb, oppressed kids, and a "smoke factory" that burns toys and comes a little too close to comfort for me in resemblance to Auschwitz ovens.....eew.