Parent reviews for The Nutty Professor

A dumb, offensive movie--a good one to skip.

Adult Written byNicholas C. August 2, 2016

Nicholas Caltsoudas' The Nutty Professor Movie Review

The Nutty Professor has a great storyline and will definitely make you laugh but is not a film I recommend for anyone under the age of 15. There is a major count of cursing and talks about sexual activity. There is not much sexual activity visual to the viewers. The language contains almost every curse word you can think of including a--, s--t, and nig--r to name a few. There are talks of sexual activity throughout the film by numerous characters. Overall, this film is a good laugh for mature teenagers and adults.

Adult Written byKrumendez23 September 14, 2021

A true review

These two movies both Nutty Professor and Nutty Professor 2 are movies specially for adults. It’s adult humor and that should not be mistaken. Eddie Murphy is known for profanity and offensive jokes. Offensive to those that have a thin skin of course. Some people just need to get over them selves and not take anything to heart. This was 1996 and times have change now everyone wants to cancel everything. I personally enjoy African American and Hispanic comedians compare to Caucasian comedians. They tend to tell it how it is in the way of our culture. Mostly our culture can seem crude but it’s just how our culture has evolved. I understand that everyone has their preference. So to give a one star to this movie for only the language and call it dumb your really missing out on the comedian part of it. You probably like light jokes like knock knock jokes and sit by the fire playing scrabble and get upset when someone makes up a word here and there. If that is you this is not the movie for you.
Parent Written byJulie K. August 9, 2021

Funny Eddie Murphy movie

Sex 3/5
Language 4/5
Violence 1/5
Drugs alcohol and smoking 2/5

Parent of a 9, 11, and 13-year-old Written byRhiannon80 March 11, 2021

Disappointing

This movie is clever with the characters and makeup. How Eddie Murphy can be all characters at once is genius! However the sexual and racial inappropriateness ruins this film. I seen this when I was younger but as a parent of boys who tend to push the limits, this movie would give them full rein. We need to think about what our kids are exposed to and how they learn about life from movies. This movie shows the gross disfunction of a family. We can do much better for our kids. Leave this one out.

Parent of a 11-year-old Written byAdminCommandsPlayz December 10, 2018

It’s A Good Movie, It’s Hilarous,It’s With Bad Words, I Watched It When I Was Little, Sex Is In It,

Adult Written byFuzzyfurrygaming July 29, 2018

It's a fine film

Sure it has a few uses of the N word but it is an outdated film and it is fine for kids as they will not understand it as it flashes by very fast

Parent of a 12 and 14-year-old Written by2Blessed July 15, 2016

Surprisingly Vulgar

Too many sexual references. Grandma talks about how a man "makes her moist" and how cunnilingus never hurt anyone.

Adult Written bypiperuk August 15, 2015

Not suitable for under 15s

Explicit sexual references, bad language. Was very uncomfortable watching it with my 12 yo daughter. We turned it off after 45 mins.