Kid reviews for The Nutty Professor

A dumb, offensive movie--a good one to skip.

Teen, 15 years old Written byriyalooola March 18, 2021

Horrible

It is so boring unfunny and at least 8 uses of the N word
Not a lot of s*x but very bad.

Teen, 17 years old Written byTangojuice March 17, 2021

THE NUTTY PROFFESER *

great movie but HAS WAY TO many swear words including s-word more than 4 times a*s is used often and lots other rude words . 13+ because of the swear words

Teen, 14 years old Written byTeen Rater March 12, 2021

How can this be dumb when it won an oscar

Whoever wrote this review is either old or offended by everything, this movie won an academy award for its brilliance
Teen, 14 years old Written byLukeCon November 6, 2020

More hilarious but envelope-pushing Murphy humor

Eddie Murphy pushes the boundaries again in this vehicle. However, not only that. Murphy goes a little too far with the fat jokes and nasty insults. The insults littered throughout the film were certainly unnecessary, and are quite vulgar for a PG-13 movie. However, apparently all the insults and jokes are in the name of fun—but I actually find it hard to believe that viewers won’t be offended by the jokes—preventing the jokes from eliciting the intended laugh.
However, no doubt about it, some of the jokes and comedic parts of the film are extraordinarily hilarious. Some of the comedy isn’t exactly offensive, either, and manages to elicit an effective laugh from the audience—making The Nutty Professor funnier than it would be with just unnecessary jokes. Some of the jokes aren’t offensive, and are actually funny.
Overall, The Nutty Professor is certainly a very funny Murphy vehicle, but at the same time is borderline offensive with its humor. Here is a brief content description of the film:

Positive messages: N/A. Not many positive messages to be found in the relentless dose of humor in the film.
Positive role models: N/A.
Violence: 3/10. Buddy punches his assistant repeatedly throughout the film; this is played for laughs in the film.
Sex: 8/10. Frequent sexual jokes are made throughout the film. The jokes are not appropriate for children, and include references to sex and sexual acts. These jokes push the boundary of the PG-13 rating. Implications of group sex in one scene.
Profanity: 7/10. Some profanity includes use of “S***” and “A**”, which are used frequently in the film. No “F” words are used, but other strong profanities and insults are used throughout the film.
Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: 3/10. Drinking at a party is shown in one scene.

Overall, The Nutty Professor offers some hilarious jokes, but sometimes Murphy pushes the boundaries by adding offensive humor which isn’t exactly funny and instead, will offend some viewers. Some of the jokes used throughout the film were certainly unnecessary in the film.
However, the film is undeniably hilarious. The Nutty Professor offers some very effective laughs for the audience, and will find some entertainment in mature audiences.
Overall, The Nutty Professor is a hilarious but also offensive film. I give The Nutty Professor 3 out of 5 stars, and recommend it to mature teens 15 and up.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymurdermystery April 10, 2020

Dumb, Silly; Pretty Funny

THE NUTTY PROFESSOR is a funny comedy with a dash of romance and contains coarse language. Parents should know about the sexual references and crude humor

Teen, 17 years old Written bysylvia381046 October 27, 2018

AmAZINg MOVie

Wowie wow wow! My all time favorite movie! A great family film, full of positive role models and messages! A 10/5 in my book!:)

Teen, 17 years old Written byTacoshrimp00 March 4, 2018

Crude Humor at its finest

Teen, 13 years old Written byDoritoBreath29 November 12, 2017

Not terrible

I was watching with my 9 year old brother. I could understand the movie and how inappropriate it was. I think but by the time my brother will understand the jokes and inappropriate humor he will probably be old enough to watch the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCoolpool785 July 20, 2017

Too crude and offensive. Should be rated R

Big let down from an Eddie Murphy film. Skip it.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJoshuaFiorio June 9, 2017

Profanity, Sex and Racist Jokes and Fat Jokes

I think it should be for people aged 15+ because seriously why the hell do you want your child watching this movie

-Contains Sex because Klump was sleeping next to girls in bed

-contains Profanity like N*gger Sh*t Ass and a few damn and Hell

Hell is not really a bad word if used in correct/polite context.
Same goes for Damn.

The word N*gger would teach bad habits to white children because they would use it to offend black people.

And The word SH*t is disgusting because it relates to Poop and people don't like hearing it.

The word ASS normally used for a donkey But can be used to insult people with. Ass is your Butt/Bum and relates to donkey like I said

I'd say that the movie should be for people 15+ and over

And the good thing is the word F**K Wasn't in it. or C*nt wasn't in it

Teen, 16 years old Written byTyTy the movie guy June 1, 2017

Hilarious Murphy flick has sex+language+drugs

My rating: PG-13 for crude sexual humor, language, some nudity and drug use

Kid, 10 years old November 5, 2016

EDDIE MURPHY!!!!!

I love Eddie Murphy's comedic ways, and I give this 5 stars! Teensy bit of sex, with kissing, Mama Klump refers to colon cleansing that she heard on oprah, Buddy Love says "sex" refering to his "sexy business" quite a bit, Buddy looks down his pants and goes "Ooooo..", Buddy is in bed with three girls (He's cheating on his date Carla), Buddy judges a lot of women's butts. Buddy asks if one table is the "Nice-ass section", and Buddy calls a comedian's mother fat a number of times calling her a bitch too.

Lots of language with many uses of ass, a couple uses of damn, quite a few uses of bitch, and I think I remember Sherman saying penis. Some uses of Hell. Some drinking scenes and a man tries to light a cigarette.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviereviewawesome9 July 17, 2015

Eddie Murphy didint do a good job

Wow.........I'm amazed how bad it was bad job Eddie Murphy

Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 17, 2015

Racy juvenile comedy so just avoid

My rating:15+ Language,adult content

Kid, 8 years old July 12, 2015

Unfunny,crass,dumb comedy is racy but extremely awful.

My rating:R for strong racy references,language throughout,and some drug use.
Kid, 11 years old April 18, 2015

Slightly Dodgey but not the worst

This is a dodgey film and can be very disturbing, can be funny at times but not for family watchers.
This is also a nice idea however show the film in a way that is not as good as it could have been.

Kid, 12 years old January 12, 2014

HILLARIOUS!!!

This is a funny movie but the jokes are very inappropriate besides that there is some bad language but the next day you will probably tell your friend how funny it was.

Kid, 11 years old August 27, 2013

The Nutty Professor

Funny film has bad language and bulling the professor because he's a very fat man

Teen, 17 years old Written byPeopleschamp1995 August 8, 2012

My favorite

Hhahahagg funniest movie

Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow April 18, 2012

Best Eddie Murphey comedy ever!

It is no small wonder that this won an academy award for makeup. Next to Adam Sandler, I think of Eddie Murphy as the best of the comedian kings. I think that whoever wrote the review for this might be getting it confused with Norbit, another makeup-filled Murphy comedy, but one that has zero taste or originality. But this film is fantastic, and it is sure to drive nostalgic Murphy fans out of their minds. While there is lots of gross humor, language and sex-filled dialogue, there is also a good message about believing in yourself and not focusing on how much you weigh. The Klump family is also stupidly hilarious and is clearly what got the film it's oscar. Murphy at his best!