Kid reviews for The Nutty Professor

The Nutty Professor Poster Image

Definitely Not PG

i was shocked my father let my 10 year old brother watch this movie (although my dad has always been the kind of guy to let his son go crazy while “keeping his daughters innocent”) while edie murphy is absolutely brilliant, this movie contains body shaming and frequent use of the n slur. there are multiple sēx jokes and even a scene containing a foursome (nothing nude actually shown). this movie should really be rated M.

1 person found this helpful.

I ilke the movie so good,

I Love nutty professor it was so good,

CSM needs to stop giving awesome films 1 star.

These people even gave Norbit 1 star, they must just hate Eddie Murphy. And also, trust me on this; the bloopers are SO INCREDIBLY FUNNY. References/parodies of Richard Simmons, Mike Douglas, Oprah Winfrey, Letterman on Leno, Marilyn Kagan, and Maury Povich just to name a few. The scene at the wedding where he transforms made me laugh so hard but internally like "What on earth am I watching???". Not to mention the mom's laugh cracks me up. There is also messages about family. As a whole, a very nutty and over the top yet funny film.

Offensive, fat-shaming, and disappointing Eddie Murphy Vehicle.

The Nutty Professor is a 1996 comedy about a fat college professor Sherman Klump (Eddie Murphy) who is insulted about his weight so he makes a scientific formula to lose weight but that turns him into the annoying, mean, disrespectful Buddy love who try’s to ruin Sherman’s life and love life. LANGUAGE: 4/5 Frequent use of "N*gga" other profanity like "S**t", "ass", "asshole", "B*tch", "Crap", "Dick", "P***y", "T-*tties", "Goddamn", "damn", "hell" and "retard". Also many fat jokes and insults. SEX: 4/5 Buddy has an implied Orgy with three women, you only see their underwear, references to oral sex, "C-nnilingus", thrusting etc. also Sherman has a huge crush on another teacher at the college name miss birdie (Jada Pinkett Smith). VIOLENCE: 2/5 Klumps transformation is more funny than disturbing, buddy and Klump have a goofy fight at the end of the movie, also many pratfalls. Cast: “Eddie Murphy”, “Jada Pinkett Smith”, “Larry Miller”, “Dave Chappelle” and “John Ales”. Overall bad movie not for kids at all 14+

Terrible, Just Like Murphy

I hate this movie and it bugs me to even think about it! Its pointless! Don't bother watching!!

Pretty good film, has a bit of sex and language.

Horrible

It is so boring unfunny and at least 8 uses of the N word Not a lot of s*x but very bad.

THE NUTTY PROFFESER *

great movie but HAS WAY TO many swear words including s-word more than 4 times a*s is used often and lots other rude words . 13+ because of the swear words

How can this be dumb when it won an oscar

Whoever wrote this review is either old or offended by everything, this movie won an academy award for its brilliance

More hilarious but envelope-pushing Murphy humor

Eddie Murphy pushes the boundaries again in this vehicle. However, not only that. Murphy goes a little too far with the fat jokes and nasty insults. The insults littered throughout the film were certainly unnecessary, and are quite vulgar for a PG-13 movie. However, apparently all the insults and jokes are in the name of fun—but I actually find it hard to believe that viewers won’t be offended by the jokes—preventing the jokes from eliciting the intended laugh. However, no doubt about it, some of the jokes and comedic parts of the film are extraordinarily hilarious. Some of the comedy isn’t exactly offensive, either, and manages to elicit an effective laugh from the audience—making The Nutty Professor funnier than it would be with just unnecessary jokes. Some of the jokes aren’t offensive, and are actually funny. Overall, The Nutty Professor is certainly a very funny Murphy vehicle, but at the same time is borderline offensive with its humor. Here is a brief content description of the film: Positive messages: N/A. Not many positive messages to be found in the relentless dose of humor in the film. Positive role models: N/A. Violence: 3/10. Buddy punches his assistant repeatedly throughout the film; this is played for laughs in the film. Sex: 8/10. Frequent sexual jokes are made throughout the film. The jokes are not appropriate for children, and include references to sex and sexual acts. These jokes push the boundary of the PG-13 rating. Implications of group sex in one scene. Profanity: 7/10. Some profanity includes use of “S***” and “A**”, which are used frequently in the film. No “F” words are used, but other strong profanities and insults are used throughout the film. Drinking/Drugs/Smoking: 3/10. Drinking at a party is shown in one scene. Overall, The Nutty Professor offers some hilarious jokes, but sometimes Murphy pushes the boundaries by adding offensive humor which isn’t exactly funny and instead, will offend some viewers. Some of the jokes used throughout the film were certainly unnecessary in the film. However, the film is undeniably hilarious. The Nutty Professor offers some very effective laughs for the audience, and will find some entertainment in mature audiences. Overall, The Nutty Professor is a hilarious but also offensive film. I give The Nutty Professor 3 out of 5 stars, and recommend it to mature teens 15 and up.