Parent reviews for The Old Guard

Smart female-led action saga has heart; violence, language.

Adult Written bychopstix2000 July 21, 2020

Trigger warning: drowning scene

Action packed female led roles with a good plot. However, trigger warning: there is a pretty disturbing scene where one of the characters is shown locked in an iron coffin drowning over and over again for 500 years. That scene was really hard for me to watch and still stays with me a week later. Although a good movie, that scene alone makes me wish I hadn't watched it.
Adult Written byRaleighRancher August 3, 2020

Blood blood blood

Common Sense Media is far too kind to this waste of pixels and time. It aspires to Marvel-level mythology but delivers only a monotonous two hour long spray of blood.

Adult Written byWhatthesh July 29, 2020

Adult Written byEmma A. July 27, 2020

Interesting Premise, but lots of blood

Adult Written bykeithfichter July 14, 2020
a little violent. otherwise a must watch!

Adult Written byTheCriticalCritic July 14, 2020

Strong but violent with good morals

The Old Gaurd is an entertaining action movie with characters that make an effort to use their gifts to do good. Tha being said the doing good often means killing a lot of "bad" people. The language is sparce but strong. Mature teens 14+ could watch it.

Parent Written byAaron C. July 11, 2020

Intriguing Action Thriller has plenty of gore & Engaging moments

The Old Guard is a very interesting & engaging action thriller. It has gory violence, langauge, but it's a good watch.

Adult Written bySasha01 July 11, 2020

Watched with my 14 yr old nephew

We just watched this movie with my nephew who doesn’t typically watch action but chose it because he enjoys fantasy and the immortality aspect appealed to him.
The movie is violent and there’s a ton of combat/killing but not in a disturbing way. Mostly guards with little personality shown being mowed down in large numbers.
There is a story of the immortal who was locked in an iron cage and left to drown in the ocean over and over for 500 years moved me quite a bit but the boys weren’t as phased!
(Spoiler alert) - she lives making it less disturbing.
The only sexual reference was a male gay kiss that was backed up by some really beautiful scripting about true love. An unexpected bonus that introduced some great LGBT positive messaging.
The immortals hitched a ride in a plane that was trafficking unspecified drugs. No drugs were shown to be used.
It’s a good movie.