Kid reviews for The Old Guard

The Old Guard Poster Image

Heavy-handed; Repetitive; Drab.

A Film Worth the Watch

In today's choice of cinema, I find it hard to pinpoint action-movies worth the watch. Most are superficial and filled with mindless sex and gore. While this movie has violence -- an amount to be expected from an R rated movie -- the histories of the characters and their developments give the story meaning. Not only that, but there is a beautifully-portrayed same-sex couple in it -- an action movie; the women are also shot from the female gaze. The normal sexualization that I have to put up with is no where to be found. It's a unique gem.

What i think of The Old Guard

I am 10 years old And this movie has strong language and extreme violence. this movie should be for teens (i think), but overall its a great movie

Violence, Blood and Cussing

There is a lot of violence and blood and cussing but other than that it’s really good, it’s not for little kids but i’d say 13-14 I watched it when I was 12

4.5 Great Movie But Language

This movie is amazing but there is a lot of language and a ton of violence. good for teens.

A little violent

This show is violent, but if you can handle some blood, it’s a great show. I personally would have been able to watch this at age 13 but some kids are a little different. I highly recommend it unless blood and death scares you. A countless amount of people die and it visible how. There is a drowning scene that can bring up ptsd. It’s not a surprising scene though. It is pretty clear when it is going to happen, so you can look away if you feel it necessary. There are a few cuss words like the f***, s***, and a few, what I consider minor words. There is no sex at all, so there is no need to worry about that. Highly recommend this movie.

Unique movie about immortality.

My mom is quite a big fan of Charlize Theron, so the family decided to sit down and watch this movie. We all liked it. This movie represents female characters and LGBTQ+ characters as heroes and I like it. Violence: Extremely graphic violence at most parts. A lady get her throat slit, and shot in the head and its super graphic. Might want to pay attention to this. 5/5 Sex: One long kissing scene between two gay men. 1/5 Language: Many uses of the f-word and some other bad words. 4/5 Drugs: Very little drug usage in this film. 0/5 Overall really good movie when it comes to setting an example, and good action too. Definitely give it a watch.

Fun action movie with bloody violence

The action scenes are all just fine, the characters aren’t all that well written, and the plot is fairly by the numbers and predictable. But it’s still a fun and enjoyable action movie. The violence is bloody but it’s never incredibly gory or gruesome. A 13 year old can handle the content of the movie fairly well.

VERY VIOLENT, BUT GOOD MOVIE¡

The movie is very good, I'm 11 and I saw it with my 13-year-old brother with whom I almost do all the reviews, although I put it on for people over 13 I saw it, for me it was not very strong but for some children my age it was. Violence: 8.4 / 10 The movie is very violent, there is a lot of blood and deaths, it appears as a person's bone is broken, there are a lot of stab wounds and the wounds are noticeable for a good amount of time, there is a scene in which a person tries to escape of a water prison. Sex: 0.7 / 10 There is no sex, both explicit and implicit, but there are kisses of both the same and the opposite sex. Language: 6.9 / 10 The language is strong, there are words like: "shit" "asshole", some uses of "m-f" and "son of a bitch" Drinking, drugs and smoking: 2.5 / 10 Sometimes they drink. Comclusion: The series is strong only in the fact of violence and language and if you know that you do not have to say bad words, then this is not going to be strong for you.

What Would You Do if You Were Immortal?

This movie is fast paced action. The action is violent, and sometimes can be pretty gory. Other than that there is infrequent strong language (although most teens here harsher stuff than this at school) and therefor teens 16 and up should enjoy it.