Kid reviews for The Omen (2006)

Unintentionally funny horror remake. So very bad.

Kid, 11 years old October 6, 2019

Disappointing, cheesy copy of the old one..

The Omen (2006) is filled with bland acting and copied story telling from the first film in more modern days. It is also filled with un-realistic graphic imagery. Some of this stuff includes a man being impaled through the stomach with a pole, glass flying into a man’s eyes, face, a man having his head completely chopped off, a woman falling from a long height during pregnancy, the same woman being violent smothered with bare hands until dead, and images of dead and bloodied babies being dropped from far heights. Some of the more realistic violence includes a woman being hanged from a high building, and a man being shot off-screen by a S.W.A.T unit. I didn’t notice any swearing except maybe 1 goddamn and hell used in religious terms. I did think I heard a very brief utterance of “Fuckin’” but I could be mistaken due to the fact of the mans accent. The film is most likely ok for 12 yr olds, but I wouldn’t recommend showing anyone under 10.

Teen, 15 years old Written byRicky horror March 18, 2017

Iffy for 17+

Too satanic for 17 and under!!!
Kid, 12 years old May 13, 2013

15 / R

Contains disturbing violent content, graphic images and some language.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 March 14, 2012

UGH TERRIBLE

Me and my friends saw this at my house with my dad on Halloween horrible though lots of blood and gore If you are religious or don't like the devil,keep fifty square feet away from this movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymnewby97 March 25, 2011

brillaint and disturbing

brilliant movie but very disturbing! Every body who sqaid they hated it on here just dosn't like sad unhappy endings( i don't but then again i do if they are done well)

Kid, 10 years old February 27, 2011

Rated 15 for disturbing violence, terror and brief language

'The Omen' is a brilliant film. However, it should not be watched by those under the age of 14 years old. There is violence, which is bloody in places, and quite disturbing. The film is also scary, with a few good 'jump scenes'. There are 5 uses of language in the film, including 2 'F-Words' and 3 mild words. 'The Omen' is a great film which I recommend to mature teenagers and adults only.

Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina September 28, 2010

NEVER see this if you value your family or life at all

I would nothing more than to distroy this movie, it made me feel upset to be born in June. I hate these movies, I saw this at a friends house, it was discusting, vile, unrealistic (hopefully that stuff isn't realistic) I just hated it.. I puked after the movie because the vibes I got from it were so foul. I feel bad for the directer, that he has these images in his mind... I hate cruelty. End this crap.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLoveOwenWilson September 13, 2010

adults

it is such a dumb movie..RoronoaZoro9 (the viewer and kid who rated it below me) said exactly what i just wanted to, and in such fromal words...it is stupid, unrealisitc and not at all an ideal movie for teens either. Julia Stiles' acting was beyond poor as a troubled mother....and that kid was just plain creepy...job done by Liev Schreiber was okay but it was a poor movie choice...he could've used his talent elsehwere...so BOO to the producer and screen writers etc...really bad!!

Kid, 11 years old July 31, 2010

Terrible movie.

I watched this at my best friend's house (I didn't even know he watched R-rated movies O_o) and it was terrible.People were getting killed left and right, none of the characters did anything admirable and the talk of God and Satan I found was very uncool. Damien was very evil and did things a real child would do the opposite of. He loved the nanny more than his own mother! Violence happened in every scene and it was always very disturbing. I really disliked how the movie ended. I was disturbed by it for almost a week and my parents were very unhappy when they heard about it. My mom even gave me a huge lecture about God and Satan which eventually made me feel better. I don't see how anyone would like this movie. I highly don't recommend this movie for very religious Christians or kids under 16.

Kid, 11 years old December 25, 2009
This was a great movie

Teen, 14 years old Written bygrayuzi October 27, 2009

R?

I think this movie should be pg-13
Kid, 11 years old September 20, 2009

Teen, 13 years old Written bybdunn98 August 9, 2009

Loved it!

i loved this movie it is definatly a top 5 movie for me i say that it is good for anyone 10 and up. It is not that scary however it may be scary if you are religious. There is some language and some vilonce and the reporter smokes.

Excellent! Well...

This movie was good, but I have seen many bad movies, so my sense of good/bad movies is somewhat deadened. It had an enteresting story and I personally liked it, but I would not reccomend this movie to anyone else my age, as for it's violence.

-Hermes
Teen, 13 years old Written bytaconirox April 9, 2008

Scariest movie of the year!

This movie had more jumpy parts than I could count. I think this movie is ok for kids my age as long as they are mature. There are two gory images, a stabbing and a decapitation, both brief and done by falling decorations. There is one disturbing scene in a hospital room, but like I said, mature kids can handle it. It's very scary but is a good remake of the classic original. A horror-lovers must-see movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviefanatic411 April 9, 2008