Parent reviews for The Open House

The Open House Poster Image

Ending terrible; had to check "official" comments about this as I couldn't understand.

I'd not recommend it, but I'm not a usual older parent of grown children and do not watch HORROR films. Far too much violence.

Not worth your time

Starts out with potential but quickly turns lame. You will be very disappointed so just skip it. Watched with my 15 year old son. Fine for kids this age but too many plot holes and the end gives you zero resolution. Overall poorly written and executed.

Open House

Please, this movie makes no sense, an event of bad things. Dad dies, mom forced to leave to her sisters spooky house. This old lady around them crazy without a reason. Son disrespects his mom. Why that guys throat gets slit I don’t know? Why is she been tortured. She ends up dead like that really? He escapes and dies the police didn’t return in the morning. No one rescues them. They die and we don’t know who what where when whatttttt? Please redo this movie. Start from when the dad died and they enter the house. One more thing lose the nude seen unnecessary. On a positive note, they are good actors.

Nope

I liked the first bit although it didn’t need the shower nudity or the constant f bomb and then on top of that the ending sucked all the characters die and you don’t find out who the killer is.

Was entertaining

The film itself was really good because you were constantly wondering what happens next and it had many gripping cliffhangers. It had some nudity but it was on really the women’s bum you could see, you could hardly see the breasts. The swearing was as expected, I mean if you were in that situation wouldn’t you praject inappropriate language? The language wasn’t constant but it did consist of strong language ( such as the f-word). I would definitely recommend this film, the last 15 minutes were the best part. I really enjoyed it and I think if a child was accompanied by an adult then I would recommend 12+ but if a child is on their own then I would recommend they wait until they are 13-15+ to watch this.

Ending sucked!!!!!

Wasn’t that bad of a story but the ending was honestly terrible...... could have been written differently. Wish I didn’t waste my time watching this.

Confused

Wasn't a type of movie that needed the brief shower nudity and continuous f bomb word from the son. I question the characters in the movie the whole time on things that would have been common sense in real life. I never understood what was really going on and as soon as I thought I was about to learn what it was, dumb horror stuff happen then it went off. I literally had to go back and see was this a series because I just knew that no one would end a MOVIE without letting you know what was going on. Also the violent part just dropped from nowhere. Like why was it even happening. Lol. Mad I just wasted an hour and a half on it.