Parent of a 11 year old Written bylittleone522 February 13, 2010

perfect for pre-teens that enjoy a fright.

My son loves scary movies but there are very few scary movies out there that are clean. In this movie there is no language and there is no sex. Which makes it a perfect scary movie for any pre-teen but make sure your child can handle the scares because this movie offers alot of creepy scenes and some frights.
Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 10, 2010

Creepy and well-made, with a great twist

This is superb horror film. It doesn't use gruesome, grisly gore to attract attention. It doesn't even use that many startling jump scenes. It uses Hitchcock-style suspense and creepiness. It makes the viewer think "Wow, that's intense," and not "Wow, that's disgusting, but stupid." Nicole Kindman does a fantastic job as the freaked-out widow/mother, and the kids are really good too. And, if you don't like it, wait until the end, because there's a really good twist. Don't worry, no spoilers here! Parents: although this isn't a violent film, it is an immensely creepy one, and it is often scary. Bottom Line: a must-see for horror fans, unless all they want is gore. Then they can rely on Saw or something. Thanks for reading! - Movie Man
Adult Written byuytt2 December 10, 2009

really good creepy paranormal movie
Parent Written byCod_GOD22 January 27, 2012

Nothing really bad about it but my 10 year old brother wasnt scared
Parent of a 2 and 2 year old Written byXBrookieBabiX April 26, 2011

Good for tweens and older teenagers

This movie is fine, but it does get really freaky. I cant watch it all the way through, its pretty scary
Parent of a 17 year old Written byjkssmom December 3, 2010
Saw the movie myself and thought it was a suspenseful movie with a twist. I liked it, but they could have added an extra half hour to it more.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byjkks76 October 23, 2010
Adult Written byjess12341234 September 29, 2015
To all the people who say this movie is crap, you need to reevaluate that opinion. This movie used the most raw techniques and was still a thriller. The music was scary, suspenseful and sharp, Nicole Kidman was FAB! The scene with the old woman gave my girl nightmares and she's 14. The acting was also very intelligent and the tones and expressions of the actors was very scary.
Adult Written July 29, 2015

The others has a good story behind it and has a twist ending. But younger kids wouldn't get it. Tweens and teens would get it and enjoy it.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byguillaumetricot July 24, 2015

Good old classic

I enjoyed this move a lot, I watched it with my 12 y/o and he didn't get scared. He got the argument easily. I overall thought that this movie was very sad instead of creepy. Recommend it for 12 and up teens. I don't recommend it if you are sad or any of that. :)
Parent Written bytreat02 December 6, 2012

Good for mature 12 and 11 year-olds.

This movie was a very well done, but it was very suspensful. I liked it a lot myself, and I think that kids that are mature 12-year-olds or so can certainly watch this. The movie had to do with ghosts, which if you or your child are very afraid, then they can't watch this. There are some more intense themes, with death. A very well-done movie.
Adult Written byElmo9607 March 20, 2009

Not very scary...a good movie for kids who insist on watching a horror flick

For people who have seen movies such as the Amityville Horror or The Ring, this movie is a sleeper! It has some moments of creepiness, but that alone is not enough to carry a two hour film. It is a good film for people who are just getting into the horror genre to see. There is virtually no language, violence, blood, gore, ect. It is fine for older kids and teenagers.
Adult Written byHockeyLuvR April 9, 2008
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

Very scary

An EXTREMELY good scary movie. If your kids want to see a scary movie, show them this one. There is virtually no language and little violence. But in spite of that, this will scare them. Nicole Kidman did fantastic, and this remains one of my favourite scary movies of all time.