Kid reviews for The Parent Trap (1961)

The Parent Trap (1961) Poster Image

The Parent Trap (1961)

Near the beginning two girls slap each other in the face and a brief fight breaks out.

Good

I liked this movie, however it didn't charm me as much as I hoped it would. The language is mild and the not all of the role models are good. You could give this movie a try.

Movie critic

Best movie ever!!!

Best Parent Trap

Lindsay Lohan who? I mean...1998 was cute. But this is where it’s at. The Monterey scenes are familiar and nostalgic, and it’s surprisingly funny. The mischief the sisters get into is entertaining. Some of the gender roles are, indeed, outdated, but Susan is a tomboy and that is celebrated.

Great

Everyone could know that this movie is great

selane's review

I L-O-V-E THIS MOVIE! my parents are not divorced but for kids who's parents are divorced this might be really sad!

Funny, sweet, and sassy.

Everything it should be! Plenty of funny moments and comedy to be enjoyable. Nothing inappropriate-watch this!

Hilarious, appropriate family movie explores topic of divorce

This movie, although not very realistic considering most everyone who gets divorced do not get back together or meet each other much again after that, is hilarious and a movie parents should show any young kids asking about divorce (6 and older) to introduce them to the topic but in case the parents don’t want to go into detail describing divorce. This movie is actually very humorous, and I think it is very impressive and makes the movie more interesting to know that the same actress played both twins. The two sisters meet each other at the beginning of a week-long camp, and once they figure out that they’re twins, they try to devise a plan to get their parents back together, and even switch spots. This is a timeless movie that everyone should see.

One of the best Disney movies ever made

The Parent Trap is probably my all time favorite movie, and definitely my favorite Disney movie. It is absolutely clean, and is perfect for anyone of any age, but it might be a bit hard to understand for children under age 5 or 6. Almost the entire movie is funny, with prank wars and children switching places, but is also a very touching story about a family coming back together. Hayley Mills plays both the twins in her best-acted role ever, and all the acting is played to perfection. I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone looking for a good, clean, classic, family movie to watch. I have seen The Parent Trap at least 15 times, and plan on seeing it many more in the future.