Kid reviews for The Perfect Storm

Scary and sad are the main concerns here.

Kid, 12 years old February 5, 2021

Very stressful and WAY more sexual than commensense media says

13 or 14. VERY sexual, intense, violent and stressful. Still very good.

Kid, 10 years old May 25, 2015

I will never forget this film. You won't either.

I absolutely LOVED "The Perfect Storm". The visual effects and screenplay for the movie were astonishing, flawlessly interpreting the disaster of the Andrea Gail. The thing that interested me most is that there are actually three different situations involved in the film: the Andrea Gail, the Coast Guard's Rescue Team, and an average sailboat caught up in the storm. The three string together as one story that never fails to fascinate. This is definitely the best film I have seen from George Clooney. However, this movie is not for the faint of heart. Most of the film is out at sea, where the disaster takes place, making it clear that this storm does not give in at its first blows. Probably the most unsettling scene is a man being pulled out of the boat and almost drowned (with a hook piercing his hand the whole time, making the wound all the more painful). Most kids would be frightened easily, for the film is loaded with chaos and eye-widening scenes that caused me (and a couple other viewers with me) a fair amount of exhilaration. Those of us who have the ability to calmly view the film will definitely notice how superior this film really is and how much these events can thoroughly affect those who experience them through "The Perfect Storm". See this film. You won't regret it!

Teen, 14 years old Written bylemondrop06 June 3, 2021

not a great movie

While there was plenty of action, it was really just a bunch of angry guys on a boat. Lots of drinking & smoking. LOTS of swearing.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLionClan2 January 5, 2021

Stressful, maybe 14+

This movie is really good, but quite intense. It is based on a true story which (lets face it), do not always have happy endings. All the main characters die, leaving kids, wives, and siblings behind. A shark bites one character, and a hook pierces another one through the hand. There is blood and fish guts coating the docks and ships, and smoking and drinking and swearing (F***, S***, etc) in almost every scene. One person just goes missing, and the people are crying and screaming for help as their ship starts to go under. Overall, it is a scary, stressful, realistic movie. I would recommend to any mature 12/13 year old. if your kid is spooked easily, i would say 14+. Overall, a pretty good movie. Also pretty bad role models. the guys are not the sharpest knives in the block. BTW it is a very claustrophobic during the movie so it kind of makes you grab the edges of your seat and feel uncomfortable. overall, not a great movie but a dark realistic one.

Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2020

Great

A little much swearing but if you like sailor movies go for it

Teen, 14 years old Written bydavstern1500 October 10, 2011

Great movie: The Perfect Storm

Intense peril, sad ending.
Frequent coarse language, 1 F word

For more information, contact me on YouTube - davstern1500
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpielberg00 October 1, 2011

I agree: "scary and sad are the main concerns here." That's because I thought this would be good and it was so scary, disappointing, and sad about how "so-so" it was. But it's very intense.

My rating: PG-13 for frequent and realistic intense disaster sequences, innuendo including double entendres, brief alcohol use and language.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 14, 2011
Suggested MPAA Rating:

PG-13 for some strong language and intense sequences of peril and disaster throughout.