Parent reviews for The Pink Panther

Funny and entertaining after all these years.

Parent of a 10-year-old Written bydebthomzas July 15, 2013

The first Pink Panther movie is not what you remember!

My husband and I remembered the hilarious fun of Pink Panther movies, so we thought we'd watch it as a family since our son is learning to play the theme song on the piano. Sadly, this movie is utterly about seduction and womanizing. There is one seduction scene (kissing) after another and this did not go over our ten-year-old's head. He asked why Clouseau's wife kissed not one other man, but two other men--she is also involved with Sir Charles' nephew. If the characters are not kissing, they are talking about seduction. There was a lot of bed hopping, though in silky peignoirs and smoking jackets! There is alcohol in practically every scene. Not for kids. Not all that funny, either.

Parent of a 9-year-old Written byJackandeoin February 13, 2019

Ok.......

I loved the comedy at the start but then it started to show nudity ... Like a lot. Though Peter Sellers is in it I would recommend this for 11 and up. Not like the other movies I've seen. Kids won't relate to this movie but they will to the other pink panther movies.

Parent of a 10, 12, and 15-year-old Written byHendo H. U December 27, 2017

Boring for 10 and younger...

Parent Written byJoseph D. July 17, 2017

Mixed Feelings About This

I really love the Pink Panther movies from my childhood but not this one. I preferred the ones where Peter Sellers was more intentionally funny rather than believable as the bumbling policeman on international assignment.

This one was tedious to watch and I really enjoy a good movie with lots of suspense. I was waiting for something funny for long stretches. There were classic mad-cap scenes with the inspector's wife hiding two men in their room, but that felt a bit uncomfortable to try to explain why a beautiful woman is married to a bumbling policeman and then to try to rationalize her cheating and that she framed him in the end. But there is a fairly satisfying end but it took a long time to get there. The plot itself made sense when the inspector was found guilty but I had to explain that he would be let out of jail when the Pink Panther strikes again, but is going to jail really funny?

I think the themes in this were really a bit too trying for a younger mind and a bit too much explaining about infidelity and overall plot points.

Great acting and very funny scenes don't quite make up for the long stretches to set up each major plot twist.

Adult Written bymommybecca November 16, 2011

Not a good message for morality...behavior before marriage & fidelity after.

There was way too much casual acceptance of infidelity (Clouseau's wife of 10 years was cheating on him-probably the whole time- with Sir Charles; who did not seem bothered if she were to also get involved with his nephew) & talk of virginity (not in a respectful way) & getting a woman drunk(she gave in to pressure "are you afraid?" & drank alcohol for the first time, & would Sir Charles take advantage of her? There was no mention of this is not a good thing...it was presented as amusing, & not that she did anything wrong to give in to peer pressure.

Adult Written byMisterDad August 26, 2011

60's Bedroom Farce

We watched this expecting to see a slapstick comedy, and there is plenty of that, but at its heart, this is essentially a 60's bedroom farce, with a crime caper to add spice to it.

Nothing is explicit, so there's nothing corrupting young minds without a frame of reference, but the parents will get uncomfortable because they do understand what's being alluded to off-screen.

It's actually refreshing to see the sexual canoodling handled so adroitly and inoffensively, but it's there, your little kids just won't get it.

Parent Written byrameshs April 30, 2010

Maybe for older kids, but not for tweens

It turned out to be a very boring movie. My 9 year old did not like it. The humor was simply out of date. The bedroom scenes were too long, and there is a fairly long seduction sequence. I will not recommend this to a 8-9 year old.