Kid reviews for The Pirates! Band of Misfits

Pirate adventure blends Victorian history, high-seas fun.

Kid, 12 years old May 30, 2020

Sick Stop-Motion Film!

Parents need to know that this Pirate movie is filled with laughs. Some violent parts that 2-5 year olds could not handle. Besides that really good movie.

Kid, 9 years old April 23, 2020

Kid, 10 years old May 23, 2015

Just amazing

I must have been watching it 4 times a day at one point, so even though I've seen it 100-and-something times, I still love it.

Kid, 9 years old March 22, 2014

'The Pirates' are funny

'The Pirates' are very funny! It has panche because Queen Victoria,(God save her! No, I'm not British.) is so round, (No offense) that when she makes an entrance, she has to ride on a donkey! There is some language, but you barely hear it. Charles Darwin has an important role. Although, this movie is not historically factual. Get it as soon as you can!!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written bysmiles0325 November 29, 2013

Don't waste your money!

I don't think this a good movie at all. First of all, the movie was boring and was just dumb. My friends and I left halfway through the movie. Don't even bother wasting your money!

Kid, 9 years old November 10, 2013

Pirates Gone Funny

Really good movie. Me and my mom cracked up a second of the film. One just one think i hate about it is it's not made by Disney. That might sound stupid but it's true. Anyway 5\5 for funniess,(sorry can't spell :0),storylines, and cast and charaters. Bye!

Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2013

Mixed Messages

I honestly didn't like the movie and I got up multiple times during the movie. I don't think it was appropriate for my 5 year old brothers to see them battling ghosts, hear words like h--l and a-s, and hear them commenting on a women in a pub. A pub! They loved it though, I think. I don't like the movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byemcfa3000 May 27, 2013

Just watch it.

Just watch it, it's fine and the real name is: The pirates on an adventure with scientists. And harry potter and the "sorcerers" stone is actually called harry potter and the philosophers stone. Only thing is a queen who eats birds, may make your kids vegetarians.
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus April 19, 2013

Meh.

Kind of boring.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMirco Elise March 11, 2013

The pirates! Band Of Misfits.

I think this film is perfect for children 5+. This film has hardly any violence, no bad language, no sex and probably a little bit of drinking. I honestly think that this film is made especially for children because it is funny, exciting and sometimes got adult humour in it.

Kid, 10 years old February 10, 2013

bum bum bum!!!!!

Really good it's trailers are lame but a good movie!!!!!!!!!!!

Kid, 12 years old January 14, 2013

Fun Pirate Romp Is Clever, Witty, And Heartfelt

Pirates Band of Misfits is a fun, clever, and heartfelt tale about pirates. I am happy that after my first viewing of this movie I didn't review it. Then for some reason I didn't like it. I decided to give it a second shot since the Oscars are coming up and LOVED it. It had witty humor even if it was occaisionaly iffy. No people get stabbed on screen but one character stabs two different people, but neither one seem to be hurt afterwards. The pirate crew is always in peril and it may scare some very very young viewers. One characters arm falls off but it isn't very gory. One character repetively talks about how he can never get a girlfriend. In one scene the pirates attempt to rade a nudist ship (no nudity is shown). At one point the Captain says "Come on guys, lets journey to a magical island where the girls clothes don't need much imagining". I would reccomend this to anyone that is looking for a nonviolent pirate tale.

Teen, 17 years old Written bylooneyman September 28, 2012

funny, and better then expected

this movie was funny as all get out. both me and my little brother enjoyed it tremendously, and i bought it on DVD because of our enjoyable theatre experience. that said there is a surprising (yet funny) instance of swearing as well as a lt of subtle sexual humor that will go flying over younger kids heads. which i suppose is for the best.

Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2012

the best

This movie was super funny! There was a little mild language, but it is one of my favorite cartoons!

Kid, 12 years old September 4, 2012

Fun Kid Movie

Pirates is a fun movies for smaller children! It gets you curious about history and teaches a good message, never let fame or money get in the way of your what's most important. I liked but it wasn't my kind of movie. A lot of swashbuckling but that will go right over kids' heads.

Teen, 17 years old Written byPeopleschamp1995 August 15, 2012

It

The whole family will enjoy
Kid, 9 years old August 14, 2012

3 and up

If three year old's could sit down and watch the movie they would love it.
Kid, 11 years old August 13, 2012

funny

This film is very funny

Kid, 12 years old August 1, 2012

The Pirates! Band of Misfits

This was a silly pirate movie. As in all pirate tales, this had some violence. But it was not bad because, well it's claymation. Salma Hayek's character is very sexualized, and Pirate Captain dreams of being on a date with her. Language, smoking, and alcohol are presented. This was a funny movie with silly humor like Wallace & Gromit and Chicken Run. This is also probably a better choice for kids than Pirates of the Carribean.

Teen, 16 years old Written byRobsterReviews July 1, 2012

The Pirates! Band of Misfit's

Fun but dissapointing claymation style movie.