All teen and kid member reviews for The Polar Express

Kid, 10 years old December 19, 2010

Nice, one of my favorite Christmas movies.

Kid, 12 years old December 6, 2009

a wonderful and fun movie that teaches kids the true meaning of chrismas.

The movie is really good. Young kindergarteners and preschoolers and other low grades mostly think that the holidays are just about getting gifs well this movie will teach them that it is much more than that. I would recomend this to young kids, older kids, tweens, teenagers even adults. Because this movie is great enough to bring the chrismas spirit into anyones life. I say this movie is OFF for ages 1-3 (for peril and some mildly scary scenes. IFFY for age 4 (for peril and some mildly scary scenes. and ON for age 5 and up.
Kid, 11 years old April 19, 2011

Love it!!!

I always loved this movie! Best Christmas special I have ever seen! I always hate to wait until winter to watch this movie because I love this movie sooooooo much
Kid, 12 years old November 22, 2010

Don't see it. Too creepy for young kids

CREEPY!!!!!! Terrible movie. Really dark. The only good part was Santa. The ghost hobo was really scary, and the old toys as well.
Kid, 11 years old January 5, 2010

AWESOME MOVIE

I loved this movie. At the end it was very heartwarming about the bell from Santa's sleigh. That over time his friends and even his sister couldn't hear the bell any more. A holiday favorite!
Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina October 16, 2010

Excellent on all counts!

A very good movie, perfect for the holiday season! And it has Josh Groban in it! (he is awesome!) The music is awesome, so is the animation, at first I thought those people were real! I loved it, so sweet, although that part where he was stuck in that place where those toys were abandoned made me scared (and a tad sad) Sometimes it can get boring, but it's overall not bad! I own it and I'm glad its in my house, it seems nicer for some reason. Your kids might love it, great movie to watch on Christmas day (also, celebrate the birth of Jesus)
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny February 14, 2011

Great movie!

I remember watching this one all the way back in 2004. It was really enjoyable. Everything about this movie was very interesting, and still is. However, I still think they could improve on some of the animation. Yeah, a lot of it was great, except for those darn eyes. They looked like something out of a zombie movie. Perhaps, I'm taking it a bit too far, but the eyes were the biggest flaw in the movie. They really didn't have any unique expressions on them. They all looked, well, fake. Aside from that, the movie was great. While the book takes some minutes to read, the movie was stretched out into, well, one, big movie. Polar Express, like the classic book, is a great, family-fun adventure for any age. It has nothing bad. Santa Clause did look kind of creepy, but it was very good. If you love the book, I'm sure you'll love the film adaptation as well.
Kid, 10 years old November 20, 2015

Awesomeness!

Its a great family movie and it has good songs like one called "hot chocolate". The animation is a little stiff. Two year olds and maybe three year olds might be scared of a scrooge puppet (but not that scary). There is lots of entertainment and teamwork. Overall it's a great movie.
Kid, 12 years old February 8, 2015

PG-05

Contains very mild scary images and peril.
Kid, 11 years old January 6, 2015

Great Movie!!!

Best Christmas movie to watch! Has good plot, exciting scenes that everyone loves! Best Christmas movie that I get excited to watch on Christmas Eve!
Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2014

loved this movie

we saw this movie at school and i loved it a christmas spirit
Teen, 17 years old Written bybri1919 February 10, 2014
Kid, 11 years old November 30, 2013

The Poalr Express

good tells a story of belive and I think kids need that
Teen, 14 years old Written byTheBombFunn August 19, 2013

Book based fun for the whole family!

The Polar Express used to be one of my favorite movies and still is. There are good messages and role models. The violence shouldn't be too intense for it's target audience. Anway, The Polar Express is really great and I definitely recommend it to all families!
Kid, 11 years old August 15, 2013

awesome

great movie!
Kid, 12 years old May 6, 2013

A High Grade For Peril And Violence!!!!!!! THREE THUMBS UP!!!!

Peril is just my thing in G, some PG and some PG-13 movies, also the educational value. But this, THE BEST. Although the violence can be scary for young children at the age of 14 months, this kids-and-adults movie is the best movie of the year. My mom and dad also loved this movie.
Kid, 6 years old March 27, 2013

It's Great Polar Express

It's a Christmas movie and I love it and we watch it every year and it is a great movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMissan4 December 20, 2012

The worst

The worst animation ever. The story is boring. Maybe your kid is gonna like it, but you will probably not!
Teen, 15 years old Written bysetro2 December 6, 2012

You're... you're kidding me, right?

This movie is perfectly appropriate for ALL ages. "A hobo dissappears then reappears fine" How the HECK is that VIOLENCE? "My child was really scared when the little girl got lost, and when the boy found the girl I turned it off" Its a G RATED MOVIE, dummy! "Treacherous Mountains" So, if you take your child to see a mountain, he would be TERRIFIED? "balancing" .. Thats just.... hilarious. and retarded at the same time. No comment. "Lost kids" They get found all in the end, but now since you turned it off for a girl talking to a boy, your child would be MORE scared. Seriously, stop thinking dirty, and get your mind out of the gutter. Just because a girl talks to a boy doesn't mean... well, you know. So, if Mom talks to Dad you know what is going to happeN/
Kid, 10 years old November 10, 2012

Spencer's critic review on The Polar Express

I think this is a great Christmas movie because it helps children know what the true meaning of Christmas really is.