All teen and kid member reviews for The Princess Bride

Teen, 15 years old Written byMissE1000 March 30, 2011

Inconceivable!

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare for one of THE BEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME!!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written byibarncat November 18, 2011

Unfunny, overly silly fairy tale parody for people with a bad sense of humour.

Seriously, this is a horrible film, and having to watch it in English class was a nostalgia-destroying experience. It is not funny, it is annoying, and the actors all do a horrible job. The story is also unbelieveably sappy. If it is trying to be a funny parody of romance stories (the Mideaveal tales kind, not the Russian novel kind), then it is doing a horrible job. I suppose some people might find it somewhat amusing, but I personally find this film really bad.
Kid, 11 years old August 1, 2010

wow romance

i love this movie it's romantic,funny,and adventurous.i recommend this movie to people who have seen lots of romantic movies.
Kid, 12 years old December 3, 2011

A Swashbuckling Adventure for Kids

I originally thought this movie was going to be horrible, but my Dad then told me it was one of the best movies of all time. I then forced myself to sit through it, and to be honest, it was OK! The fight scenes were choreographed just right, and the dialogue was exceptional! It is truthfully a film worth seeing once, but it is up to you if you want to see it again.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykatybugp April 16, 2011

Awesome movie for 10 and up!

I LOVE this movie, but the b-word and the blood from both Indigo and Wesley's wounds make it good for 10 and up. Every one should see it, but use your own judgement about when your child should see it.
Kid, 11 years old April 7, 2011

love it!!!!!!

This is one of my favorite movies!!!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old March 16, 2011

Good for Kids.

I thought this movie was really good. There is a lot of violence, killing and gruesome things. Other than that it is fine. One b-word.
Teen, 13 years old Written byedshu33 August 18, 2011

The Princess Bride

Inigo says SOB twice, there's a little bit of violence. The kissing scenes are not raunchy. The drinking references are limited. Some of the good guys have questionable motives, but overall they are all definite heroes. The villains, such as Wally Shawn, are awful role models, but then again, they're not supposed to be good role models, they're villains. Only Christians would be offended at the part where the kid says "Jesus Christ", they don't have the right to inflict their definition of profane on everyone else. This film will open the doors of imagination for young children, and the simplicity of the story makes it easier to comprehend. Also, this film is an excellent production, a classic.
Kid, 12 years old May 4, 2011

Amazing family movie, but i would watch it before your kids depending on how much violence they can take

Unless your kids get really scared during blood or scary animals, this movie is a perfect movie. My brother, sister, and i love to watch it on road trips. this movie is a hilarious classic that is easy to quote, fun to act out, and a great family movie (trust me... i've done all of those things-and yes, i do love "princess bride" THAT much)
Teen, 17 years old Written byjohnthemon February 25, 2011

One of my absolute favorites

When I think of my all time favorite movies, this is always near the top of the list. Probably the best script ever written. Most of it will go over young children's heads, but the smart ones will love it.
Kid, 9 years old January 29, 2011

good for kids 9 and up

Yeah, I think language should be an issue because Inigo Montoya says "you son of a bi*ch". But overall, the movie was HILARIOUS and good.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

A Great Movie!

The Princess Bride is a classic fairy tale that every single family should definitely see. There is some violence and one character says 'son of a b-tch' to another, but besides that it is appropriate for all families. Good for kids 9+
Teen, 13 years old Written bymngirl June 22, 2011

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was FABULOUS!!! The best movie ever created!!!!! I adored it!!! Not only was it hilarious, it had a positive message too! Besides getting revenge. They rated correct- it deserves five stars. My favorite line is, "My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die!" And... "Think it'll work?" "It'd take a miracle." "Mawwwwwariage, mawwwwwwagriage is what brings us together today." I loved this movie! It was funny, I laughed (a lot) I cried, it moved me Bob. Ha ha! This movie was epic. Good luck trying to find a better movie than this! My favorite character is WESTLY!!! It's such a good movie!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old May 16, 2015

Way too scary

I will say -- I get scared easily by movies. But I think that this movie has too much violence. Bad people put a good man into a torture machine, the princess is planning to commit suicide, a man sticks a knife into another's stomach… This movie gave me nightmares for a while after I saw it. Not a bad movie, unless you're too young when you watch it, and then it's just awful.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMacey08 November 18, 2010

Funny and adorable

I love this movie!! Old, but a classic. There is one scary scene with a torture machine and another with a giant rat. But the other violence is alright. This movie has some great lines and is sooo funny! My mum and uncle love to quote bits of this to each other. Nice story of true love and planning...
Teen, 15 years old Written byNico coolman January 3, 2015

FUNNY AND COOL!!!

This is one of the best movies of all time!!! Cary Elwes is the BEST in this movie. (Other than men in tights) If anything, I would say it's kind of violent. In the Fire Swamp, the princess' dress gets on fire, but it is quickly put out with nobody injured. In the same scene, Wesley (Cary Elwes) is attacked by an ROUS(Rodent of unusual size) and bit twice, by a giant rat, that might seem a little scarey. Once in the arm, and another time in the shoulder. He screams in pain and eventually sets the rat on fire. It moans, and Wesley stabs it three times to put it out of its misery. Wesley and the princess share quite a few, passionate kisses. A bad guy is poisoned, but it is very silly. Lots of talk of torture. One reference to the princess' breasts. Iningo Montoya gets stabbed at least three times. Then he stabs his enemy at least three times and kills him. Two torture scenes in the pit of despair. "Son of a b*tch" is used once. "God" a few times. All of this may sound bad, but it's not. It's also a FANTASTIC MOVIE!!! I hope this review was helpful to you. It has GREAT writing!!!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byDreamCatcher68 April 9, 2008
I saw "Princess Bride" when I was about 12 and I've loved it ever since! This is a great movie, and the happy ending will please everyone. Even my friends and I will still watch it once in a while.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySynchronicity April 9, 2008

No more rhymes now, I mean it. Anybody want a Peanut?

That is what I think is the funniest line in this funny, funny, funny movie. This movie has something for everyone: fantasy, action, humor, and even flowers! (Yes, the protagonist is named after a flower). There is torture but it's not as graphic as it seems, and a lot of swashbuckling action. Also, Inigo says "You killed my father son of a b!tc#" but that's all. Watch this movie and see why fairytales can be funny.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPapa Karis May 15, 2016

I HATED THIS MOVIE.

I truly think this was one of the worst movies ever. I was pretty disappointed because everbody said that this was the BEST movie ever but to me, it was horrible. I mean ,if your bored and you don't know what to watch then watch this but otherwise this was pretty bad. The giant rats freaked me out. But I did not see anything special about.