What parents need to know
Parents need to know that The Prodigy is a "possessed child" horror movie. In the film, Sarah (Taylor Schilling) starts to worry about her young son, Miles' (Jackson Robert Scott), disturbing behavior. Although Miles is a child prodigy, Sarah starts seeing signs that he's possessed by an evil, supernatural force. Although the movie is about a child, this definitely isn't for kids. Expect plenty of disturbing imagery, jump scares, and bloody violence, as well as graphic nudity.
- In theaters: February 8, 2019
- Cast: Taylor Schilling, Jackson Robert Scott, Colm Feore
- Director: Nicholas McCarthy
- Studio: Orion Pictures
- Genre: Horror
- Topics: Monsters, Ghosts, and Vampires
- MPAA rating: R
- MPAA explanation: violence, disturbing and bloody images, a sexual reference and brief graphic nudity
For kids who love scares
Our editors recommend
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.