Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for The Proposal

Charming romcom is best for older teens and up.

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... December 2, 2009

Wow...our rating system really STINKS!

Unbelievable inappropriate nudity. I'm no prude, but the rating system FAILS severely in The Proposal. The nudity is irrelevant and goes on for, what seems like ever. Just because it's not 'explicit sensuality'. For 13 year olds...hah! This is how we get babies having babies. Cute movie but it could have been so much better without the crap...just really disappointed.

Parent of a 14 year old Written byscoogy January 5, 2011

Just cover their eyes when she gets out of the shower!

Loved it, but the naked shower scene is a little much. Sandra is totally naked covered only by her arm and a wash cloth. The guy is obviously naked and they collide and roll around on the floor and end up mashed against each other. Other than that scene, it's a great movie (except for the very strange Betty White and the chanting scene!).
Parent of a 2, 5, 7, and 10 year old Written byrjsmithfam July 16, 2009

Totally inappropriate for youth!! (and some adults)

My husband and I saw this movie on a whim because we like Sandra Bullock. Of course that was before I saw her stark naked only covering her parts. I was covering my eyes for several minutes when I realized the scene was going to take awhile. I also couldn't watch the stripper scene when I saw how disgusting it was getting. This movie is rated PG-13. I'm 36 and I don't think it was appropriate for me!! Really cute story line, but way too much filth and garbage. I cannot recommend this movie to anyone!

Adult Written by4Spice September 16, 2010

great movie

i loved this movie it was very funny 14 and over for language and sex

Adult Written byterra100 January 19, 2010

Great comedy for adults and mature older teenagers

Absolutely a terrific film comedy!!! Totally funny!!!

Parent of a 3 year old Written byerinmort December 16, 2009

really good comedy

not really a kids movie but it was really good. my husband is 100% anti chick flick but even he loved it and was laughing

Parent of a 5 year old Written byKrampster November 12, 2009

Weak movie with inappropriate parts.

The main characters felt weak. Sandra Bullock should look for more roles where she can be herself rather than pretend to be a dim-witted, yet somehow successful woman. It just doesn't work. I particularly didn't appreciate the extended partial nudity scene, or the male dancer scene. Hair in front of nipples does not constitute covering as far as I'm concerned.

Adult Written bysocalteamshep July 18, 2009

Better than anticipated!

It seems that Sandra Bullock has appeared in an overabundance of movies lately, but I was pleasantly surprised with her performance with Ryan Reynolds in The Proposal, which takes place in both NYC and Alaska. I really enjoyed the film, and the performances by the extended cast members were also wonderful! There were some uncomfortable scenes (nearly full frontal nudity from Sandra, and a silly/non-funny stripper scene mimicking Chippendales), but I enjoyed the movie overall (perhaps because I wasn't expecting much).

Parent of a 10 year old Written byriellyst July 2, 2009
Movie went for the cheap laugh, raunchy humor. Good last 5 minutes. I think the writer wrote that first then tried to figure out how to get there. Boring.
Adult Written byMovieluver101 February 26, 2011

On for Tweens

Loved this movie. 11 year olds would be able to watch and understand. My 12 year old and 10 year old saw it. Sandra bullock was wonderful. One part where a man is in a G string and they accidentally run into each other naked. High praises for this movie. Tweens would love it!!

Parent of a 3, 11, and 12 year old Written byTris December 11, 2009

Nudity Inappropriate

The nudity was over the top. Not appropriate for teens Movie was great minus the nudity.

Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written byKingston November 12, 2009

Irrelevant Nudity

I thought that the nudity was not relevant to this movie. The scene with the nudity go’s on too long. It would have been more enjoyable if that scene was shorter. It just made me feel uncomfortable. The language in the movie was also not needed and could have been substituted for other appropriate words to make the movie more appropriate while still being funny. Overall the movie was ok. It was funny in parts, and not in others.

Parent of a 17 year old Written byshorty1991 October 26, 2009

shortys review

Iloved it but I would not recommend it for a 12 year old but I found it hysterical

Parent of a 1, 6, 8, 11, 12, and 16 year old Written byfamily10 October 15, 2009
Sad to see unnecessary nudity displayed. That and the language will keep me from buying it or ever watching it again. I was glad my husband and I watched it without children present.

Parent Written byKrista B. January 18, 2018

Fun movie

We watch this movie with our teens. Over and over. There are some themes for older teens but the other stuff is good for 14 year olds. There is a nude scene where you don't see stuff. But the story line is hilarious. There is something heartwarming about this movie.

Adult Written byTV-14-DLSV Teen Boy April 14, 2012

A Movie that is Just fine FOR OLDER TEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kindoff Entertaining and Contains Sexual Content and Partial Nudity. RATED: PG-13. I Give this Movie 3 out of 5 stars and I RATE The Proposal AGE 14. Cool!

Adult Written byDayski February 28, 2012

not a family movie

The movie includes scenes of two nude man and a woman collide but no sensitive parts shown. It also includes a scene of a strip dancer male dancing in a very sexual way. It also includes passionate french kiss scenes. I wouldn't feel good watching this with my family around.

Adult Written byBishop Loves Gir October 3, 2011

Great sandra and ryan movie.

this movie has no violence,some mild pg-13 language,some drinking (a scene takes place in a club) and a lot of sexual content.A scene involves two people crashing into eachothe nude.You see them from the side,no nudity.

Adult Written byiamateacher July 26, 2011

great movie just tell your kids to be the opposite of some of the characters

i think this is a great movie, it teachs tweens and teens what they should not do and how they should not treat people, as long as you make sure they know not to do what the charaters do, they will love this movie and want to watch it numberious times

Parent of a 10 year old Written byolaha September 17, 2010
I love this movie it was great.