Kid reviews for The Punisher

Bad big screen adaptation of comic book.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHorusTheAvenger June 9, 2015

Punisher is a good flick

This is a good movie. However, you have to know yourself/your kid if you want to watch it. There is a lot of violence, even though little of it is bloody. Also, there are some off-screen torture scenes, such as when one guy gets his piercings ripped out. Very little sex, with some making out and a topless woman, but the latter only lasts a few seconds. Characters smoke and drink a lot, especially the main. Maybe 7 or so F bombs. If you or your kid can handle it, I would recommend "The Punisher."

Teen, 16 years old Written bykobannon28 September 8, 2018

really... did not know a marvel movie could be so bad

Teen, 14 years old Written byWowboy January 17, 2017
Well i played the video games and read the comic books I never heard of this movie until I watched it on netflix I thought it was pretty good and mature 14 year olds can watch this film
Teen, 15 years old Written byckext January 6, 2017
Great movie, although it does contain a large amount of violence and swearing, but not very much is too bloody. Also lots of drinking. It depends on the kid though, you have to know what their stand is on violence/drinking.

Teen, 13 years old Written byComicGeek03 December 31, 2016

Amazing, just amazing.

This is an AMAZING comic flick. One of my favorites. This could be a PG-13 movie though. The brief nude scene is pretty miss able. It'll fly over your head the first few times. This is a little bloody but good. This film is amazing. Just amazing.

Teen, 16 years old Written byHeheGonzalo August 16, 2016

My rating: R for language, violence and brief nudity

Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter May 26, 2015

No guys it's not good, don't you dare say otherwise

Nothing but senseless violence. There's brief nudity and lots of drinking and smoking. And god praise you if you can get through the entire 123 minutes

Kid, 12 years old August 13, 2014

Depends.

Depends on your kid. Can he take the action? There's one part where he interrogated this guy not badly,but he tells him about this one guy that has this place with women showing their boobs, topless. The f word is minimal one at the start 2 at the top of the bank when taking the glass out and a few at the end but not bad. Better than using the Lord's name in vain. Violence side, that's for thirteen and up. I love the Punisher he's my all time favorite hero. Just sit with your kid.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymarvelfan77 May 15, 2014
This is by far one of the greatest marvel movies out there. It has a very memorable feel too it and an awesome ending. It reminded me a bit of one of my favorite marvel films "Daredevil". It has a good amount of action and humor. I would say it is appropriate for children 13 or older. There is not much nudity except for a few short scenes which you could easily miss and would not be appropriate for young viewers. But despite some inapropriate scenes it is overall an awesome movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 July 26, 2013

Not as much violence as you would expect from the rating.

I saw this movie when I was twelve and I thought that it was very good. It had violence, but it was not as bad as it suggested. There is fighting, stabbing, punching, and gunshots, but I didn't think it was pervasive brutal violence. At the most it could of gotten a strong violence. Now if you are looking for a gory Punisher movie you could watch Punisher-War Zone which is a lot more extreme with it's level of violence and gore. There is a very brief scene of nudity. You see a girl walk past the screen topless, but you only see her for about a second and it is non-sexual even though it appears to be in a club. Pretty mild language for a R rated movie. I mean it has some F words, but it is not a frequent there is only 7 f words within the movie which is pretty mild.
I think if your child is 12 and wants to see this and you think they can handle some violence they could probably watch this.

Teen, 13 years old Written bydarthbigtoe September 14, 2011

The Punisher Makes Viewers Think

I find this review helpful in the least. The child's murder was to motivate the titular character to fight crime. The first half of the movie contains little violence. I am glad this review does not mention messages, because whether it is right or wrong is up to the viewer.

Kid, 11 years old July 28, 2011

Violent

Good movie only saw parts of it. Saw when the guy was tortured when they ripped his peircings out. Very Violent at the end!

Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2010

Okay, Very cliche

It was okay, but the whole premise was just too cliche. A man getting revenge on a mob boss for killing his family? Boring! I would rate it R for pervasive brutal violence and gore, language and some disturbing content.

Teen, 15 years old Written byErrweb April 5, 2010
What a movie. It is clearly an action packed movie. I believe its one of the best of Marvel, it is way much better than Punisher War Zone. People who enjoy watching action movies, will be pretty pleased. Though the main points of concern are brutal violence and language, this movie isn't appropriate for kids as it is violent but not as much as the 2nd Punisher mature teens shoud handle this movie, Brief nudity is also involved and drinking is also involved.

Teen, 15 years old Written bybradley4846 August 30, 2009

No Kids, Why?

This movie has to be the best marvel movie out. It is extremely violent (but there is really no blood), it would pobably be PG-13 if it wasnt for the language (4-6 f words, and other minor words). There is also very brief nudity, and something about cheating. I do have to say, i was more shocked with what i saw in "G.I. Joe", then this.

Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 August 18, 2009

Teen, 15 years old Written bywowiamcool108 December 14, 2008

Not really that violent...

I saw this thinking it would be incredibly violent. It really isnt. Well, there is a lot of violence, but very little of it is bloody. Many people are shot and fall over with no blood but only a few scenes have any actual blood or gore... it was kind of disapointing
Teen, 17 years old Written bymark c April 9, 2008

This is good

this movie is a very great movie espically based off a comic book there is a scene with 2 chicks without tops on very quick tho maybe 3 secs or so but other than that there is some scenes with strong violence such as stabbing a dude in the hands togeather and then shoving a knive through his chin and u see it all and u see the knive thro his teeth and taking a paper cutter blade off and hitting a guy in the middle of the head with it other than that language is at a minamum great movie i recomend it for kids 15 or later great movie i think

awsome movie but action action and did i mention action

fun but violent