Kid reviews for The Red Pill

The Red Pill Poster Image

I think the CSM Reviewer may have forgot to watch the movie

Lets review their review. "Parents need to know that in The Red Pill, documentary maker Cassie Jaye presents men's rights movement positions, interviewing movement leaders who believe that women aren't disadvantaged in society, but rather that men are the real victims of discrimination. " - Right off the bat, the reviewer has made their first lie. Not ONCE in this movie did they suggest or even insinuate that these people thought women weren't disadvantaged. What they are trying to say, according to the film and real life. They aren't trying to make Femenism any worse; most of them support it. They are simply saying that men are ALSO disadvantaged in some ways (though not as many) and that that should ALSO matter. that they shouldn't be laughed at and ridiculed for their problems. Lets continue "They admit that women are paid less than men for equal work but complain that men die younger." - Half-True. Its not a "but" they die younger, its an "and" they die younger. They are advocating that women need to be paid more, but the problems with men suicide rates also need to be dealt with. Not instead of, but in addition to. So far 2:0 lies:truths for CSM. "Movement advocates state that men are treated unfairly to the degree that more of them commit suicide, and that more are arrested, imprisoned, and executed." Yep, this is true. They do advocate that, but again it is not in any way shape or form AGAINST femenism. So far 2:1 lies:truths. "They argue that while male-on-female violence gets all the attention, many men are sexually assaulted by women, and that women perpetrate almost as much domestic violence against men as the other way around." - I don't see the point of the reviewer. This is true; Men arent r***d as much as women, but they still do get r***d and when they do people laugh, and even tell them they are the bad one. Legally, in many countries the definition of r**e for men doesent even exist. They aren't argueing that women should be paid less attention too, they are argueing that this is a problem and men should be paid equal attention to. They are saying that equality goes BOTH ways, even if their friends have it worse that doesen't invalidate their problems. 3:1 lies:truths. "Expect to hear "f--k," "s--t," and "bitch," and to hear stories about battered men. Angry encounters between protesters and men's rights movement proponents are shown." - Yep. It seems like this reviewer in unknowingly argueing in favor of the movie now Overall, great movie; although women have it worse, BOTH sides need to be helped. These aren't opposing sides, they are both friends on the same side. Advocating for MRM doesen't mean demeaning Femenism. I can't believe I ever trusted a platform like Common Sense.

need to be old enough to understand other wise it's great

Don’t look at the "expert review" basically it's just someone screaming AGREE WITH MY OPINION OR ELSE. this documentary is extremely good and is worth watching but if someone who considers themselves a feminist then be ready to hold a riot shield to stop the wave of angry comments and random outdated facts. (ps please don't harass anyone for being a feminist it's not funny same goes for MRA)

Inspiring

This documentary has enlightened me on many issues that have been swept under the rug and silenced such as male abuse recipricants. This has truly changed my perception of society, but the fact that this site has the audacity to slander and discredit this amazing peice of cinematography is appalling.

This is an enlightening movie

This documentary was enlightening to the fact that there are issues with our society on a fundamental basis. Contrary to popular belief, it didn’t only accommodate men’s problems, it also highlighted women’s problems, albeit they weren’t as prominant, as this wasn’t the point of the documentary. The point was to give a voice and an explanation to men’s problems in a society that is not as accommodating to them as the general public tend to believe. It doesn’t ‘bash’ women’s rights, or belittle anyone, it simply brings light to how men have been belittled on a ‘deep’ level (and almost unnoticeable level to those unaffected) in a way that society and people have been trained to believe that a men’s hardships are not as tragic as a woman’s hardships, and that men are deemed to be more expendable than women. It is hard on facts and does provide and reinforce its points with statistics. Definitely worth a watch, as it is incredibly enlightening. It not only gave me a better understanding of what adult males are going through on a day to day basis, but, believe it or not, even gave me a better understanding of feminism. I have come to an understanding and a newly found respect for both sides of the spectrum, rather than blindly hating feminists, and having no opinion on the man’s side. That is if you can find a way to ignore the radicals. Please remember that this is strictly my opinion and must in no way be taken as fact. But whether you are a feminist, a MRA, or undecided, or even uninterested, this documentary is worth a watch. Would recommend to even watch with your child, teenager, or spouse. It might even bring you closer together with a new perspective.

Bias

This documentary is to educate. Whoever reviewed this film put a high rating of violence, drugs, and sex. I have watched this film 3 times and these things are only discussed and not shown. I am not much for conspiracy theories but it feels as if this site is purposely misrepresenting this documentary in order to try to scare people away from it.