Kid reviews for The Rite

Demonic horror tale is disturbing, but no Exorcist.

Teen, 17 years old Written byscarymoviefanatic April 13, 2011

Teen Review: The Rite

I thought The Rite was a good movie. It wasn't terribly scary in my perspective but it was freaky, like freaky enough that I had to go to the restroom during the movie. Children under 10 shouldn't see this movie, it may give them nightmares. The exercism is intense.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylittlemonster98 April 3, 2011
Very disturbing demons, lots of violent imagges of exorcism, lots of sexual innuendo; not a little kid movie

Teen, 15 years old Written byPepsi_Bison March 18, 2017
Teen, 16 years old Written bySlendyDaMan June 14, 2016

Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 31, 2015
Teen, 16 years old Written byUSCTrojan June 1, 2012

BOO

Lame ! Should be Rated R.

Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn January 4, 2012

Underrated possession film is better than most

The Rite, which came out almost year ago, in last January (Man, how times goes by like that) flopped almost instantly at the box office and was pretty much dismissed by most critics. So, since I hadn't seen it in theaters, I picked it up on DVD about eight months ago (Yes, I know. I haven't had this account for very long, you know) and I gave it a watch. So, now, after all of those months, I can finally give my review of it. So, The Rite is a cut above most demon\possession horror movies, mostly thanks to some stellar directing, atmosphere, some surprisingly-well developed side-characters, and of course, and most importantly, yet another absolute knock-out performance by the always great Anthony Hopkins. And, of course, I am sadly not surprised at all to see that his performance was completely ignored by the general public and critics alike. Still, he is one of the many big parts of the movie that pretty much make the entire thing.So, with a PG-13 Rating equipped by the ever prominent MPAA, the content si actually fairly average for a movie like this: There is frequent sequences of horror and terror, with numerous disturbing images involving some of the possession and exorcism scenes. Also, there is infrequent but strong profanity, including f--k, sh-t, d-ck, b-tch and more. So, that's it, folks. Please do yourself a favor, if you are a horror fan, and check out this underrated movie and discover Anthony Hopkins hugely underrated, as well, performance.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySpielberg00 November 29, 2011

Don't bother with it.

My rating: PG-13 for frightening horror images and some language.

Violence: 3/5 - Usual exorcism stuff.

Language: 3/5 - At least one use each of "f--k", "s--t", "b--ch", "sl-t", and "w--re".

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 November 29, 2011

BLAH

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME ON THIS ONE!NOT EVEN SCARY AT ALL AND EFFECTS SUCKED!!!!I THOUGHT IT WAS GONNA BE ANOTHER MINI EXORCIST BUT GUESS WHAT?THIS ISNT EVEN A MILLIONTH AS SCARY AS THE EXORCIST.WAIT,NOT EVEN A MILLIONTH AS FUNNY.AND I GOTTA GIVE IT TO YOU,PARENTS AND EDUCATORS SAY THIS IS IFFY FOR 16?????67% SAY LANGUAGE IS AN ISSUE?OH COME ON.AND PEOPLE WHO SAY THIS IS FREAKY?PLZ GIVE ME A BREAK.DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS.EVEN PARANORMAL ACTVITY WHICH I DIDNT MUCH LIKE BCUZ ITS NOT AS FREAKY AS I ANTICIPATED IS BETTER THAN THIS.
Kid, 9 years old November 14, 2011

Best!!! Scariest movie of 2011

very catholic. proves god s real, always there for you and never lets you down. Scariest movie of 2011 and is a little bit disturbing in the exorcisms and is frightening when kid talks to his mother and tells father lucas about dreams and what happened.

Teen, 16 years old Written byjarednelson1423 June 19, 2011

very good but kina brutal

Teen, 15 years old Written bygarnesab March 14, 2011

not the best

i saw this movie at a school thing. my thought is that it sacared me a bit but nothing to bad. i didn't like the way it just ended though if you liked thats fine but i didn't
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 13, 2011

exorcism movie is awesome

this movie is awesome

Kid, 12 years old February 27, 2011

Pretty good!!

There is definitely some swearing in it plus violence. It's not that bad of a movie and I really enjoyed it

Teen, 13 years old Written bypoisondeath123 February 16, 2011

Really good exorcism movie

This movie is great. Anyone who didn't like it is one of those extremeist atheists. I'm agnostic-leaning-towards-religion, and even my atheist friend said it was good. There are some really great parts in this movie, and most kids have heard language, so that's never really an issue in my eyes. Also, demons being smote by God is always a good message.

Teen, 15 years old Written byshadowexile6 February 3, 2011

Decent Devil movie

I thought that this was an excellent movie. Of any recent horror movies at least. Anthony Hopkins did an excellent job of course. The plot was good, and despite all the bad reviews it got i don't think that it deserved them. I mean, its not your super typical exorcism movie, in fact it focuses more on the spiritual aspects of it, and i think this is something that may have turned some reviewers off. There are some rather disturbing scenes though, we see people cough up nails and gag, and there is a bloody scene involving a teenage pregnant girl. Its not scary really but it certainly is a creepy movie, and i would say it is ok for mature teenagers.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTanked out January 30, 2011

Another Exorcist copy

When are these movie directors gonna learn that these Exorcist rip-off movies don't sell and aren't good. Oh wait, they do sell, and tons of people get suckered into them despite knowing it's gonna be a completely, over-priced waste of time. Sorry for underestimating the stupidity of the country.